The garden centre had a sale on the weekend so I bought some plants

I have

2 proteas
Leucodendron
Poor knights lily
Christmas lily
Gladioli
Bird of paradise

I plan to plant these at church but might have to do this on saturday when Im free. Its just finding the right spot to plant the shrubs I dont want to lose them to the lawnmower! Because last time I attempted to plant some hydrangeas and the lawn guy just mowed straight over them. It wasnt as if he couldnt see them.

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Oct 29, 2006
Several US locations - seasonally
Lanolin - You can make up some little flags to mark the new plants. One way is to use the rigid wire from wire coat hangars straightened out so it is about 50 cm long and tape a piece of square red, white or yellow cloth 8 cm square to the wire and place that in the ground next to the plants.
1530100600829.jpeg

Nice idea gary but I have placed some heavy rocks by each plant instead.

Am feeling a bit disheartened that the church managers keep saying they dont want this or that, but they dont really tell me what they DO want or would like. For example, No trees, no vines, no olives, no agapanthus, no fruits or vegetsbles basically no plant grows too big or requires any sort of care. Weeds are fine because you dont have to look after them, and grass is fine because it can be mowed, even though that requires more work its that kind of mentality. How can you show people any vision when they would rather see nothing. Or maybe the cars whizzing past the intersection, I dont know.

Am thinking of doing something creative with the roadside like maybe a display bed with rainbow shaped colour flowers or maybe fish symbol, or some topiaries shaped like sheep. I cant do the Lords prayer in clipped buxus, but thats actually already been done somewhere else.

I need some inspiration Lord!

Amens/Likes: Pastor Gary
Nov 21, 2016
UK
Nice idea gary but I have placed some heavy rocks by each plant instead.

Am feeling a bit disheartened that the church managers keep saying they dont want this or that, but they dont really tell me what they DO want or would like. For example, No trees, no vines, no olives, no agapanthus, no fruits or vegetsbles basically no plant grows too big or requires any sort of care. Weeds are fine because you dont have to look after them, and grass is fine because it can be mowed, even though that requires more work its that kind of mentality. How can you show people any vision when they would rather see nothing. Or maybe the cars whizzing past the intersection, I dont know.

Am thinking of doing something creative with the roadside like maybe a display bed with rainbow shaped colour flowers or maybe fish symbol, or some topiaries shaped like sheep. I cant do the Lords prayer in clipped buxus, but thats actually already been done somewhere else.

I need some inspiration Lord!
I think you already have inspiration enough, in yourself! Make a display with a fish symbol. That sounds amazing:)

Amens/Likes: Pastor Gary
Am going to plant some petunias and geraniums in church flowerbed for more colour. Am bit sad as one of the elders passed away he was a keen gardener and helped with the roadside bed. We going to miss him.
Gave out flowers today in church its lovely spring day today.

Weve got gladioli and dianthus in bloom. Sorry I havent got any photos as it says too large to upload.

Nov 21, 2016
UK
Am going to plant some petunias and geraniums in church flowerbed for more colour. Am bit sad as one of the elders passed away he was a keen gardener and helped with the roadside bed. We going to miss him.
Gave out flowers today in church its lovely spring day today.

Weve got gladioli and dianthus in bloom. Sorry I havent got any photos as it says too large to upload.
I have abandoned my little garden, because Winter is coming! But you guys must be in the middle of Summer. Your gladioli and dianthus sound beautiful. For some reason this summer in England, there were alot of cut gladioli being sold. I don't know where they were grown, but they seem to be one of those flowers that live beautifully in the ground, but once they're cut they droop within a couple of days, which made me quite sad because they are such majestic plants. I do hope that you can post some pictures to give me some summertime colour now that the nights are drawing in here.