Pleasing Dad

Euphemia

Account Closed
Pleasing Dad

Romans 13:6-7 NLT
Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.

As we pay our legitimate debts, such as taxes, and fees for necessary services, we fulfill the command to respect and love our fellow man in the Lord, and we set an example of good citizenship. Above all, we honour God by our adherence to His law for living. Paying my obligations is to be done, yes, but with a cheerful heart. How pleasant it is to know that God is pleased with us! It spurs us on to more and more righteousness—just as a little child is spurred on to more and more pleasing behaviour when he or she knows daddy is happy with him/her!

When we behave in these right ways, we please God, and move toward what is spoken in verse 8:

Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.

What freedom! Not owing any man, but rather indebted to love! All the requirements God gives us are summed up in this: Love your neighbour! Amen! It is so blessed to know that Father God is pleased with us! What peace and joy can surpass that knowledge?

lovingfather.jpg

NEW
11/05/07

Not all taxes are legitimate. And as far as giving respect and honor to those in authority, it depends on if they deserve it or not.

Mao Zedong
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin

The list goes on and on. Give people like this all the honor and respect you want but I will not.

Mao Zedong
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin

The list goes on and on. Give people like this all the honor and respect you want but I will not.

God doesn't institute despots. We honour God by praying for them and not contributing to chaos by being disorderly and breaking laws. Only a moron would declare we need to love people such as the ones in your list. That is not what this devotional is about. Maybe you can start a discussion thread.

What if their law is to kill jews? Would you break that law?

Also, I say that most world leaders are despots or tyrants. Where do you set the goal post at in regards to this?

Are all taxes legitimate? What if they fund abortion or unjust wars?

What if their law is to kill jews? Would you break that law?

Also, I say that most world leaders are despots or tyrants. Where do you set the goal post at in regards to this?

Are all taxes legitimate? What if they fund abortion or unjust wars?

The scriptures apply to you, also. It is your choice whether or not you will obey God.

Mao Zedong
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin

You are raising a good point.. But I have to agree with sister Euphemia.. God is in control irrespective of the person in authority.. And God has asked us to obey to authority.. If the law is asking us to do something against Word of God, then we should not do.. Everything else, we should abide..

Mao Zedong
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin

It's a hard word, but you gotta figure Nero would fit on your list and was probably in power when Paul wrote this. It's worded even more strongly in 1 Peter 2:13-17 again in reference to Nero. Both men charging Christian citizens to honor the same authorities that would martyr them.

It's a hard word, but you gotta figure Nero would fit on your list and was probably in power when Paul wrote this. It's worded even more strongly in 1 Peter 2:13-17 again in reference to Nero. Both men charging Christian citizens to honor the same authorities that would martyr them.
You know, that's an answer to a question I had. I was going to ask should we pay taxes if they were evil, like Hitler, and killing people on a mass scale. But this post answered that.

Back