pls clarify for me

mark 10:30 "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life. 31
VS
matthew 19: 29 "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.

Which one is right in the Hebrew or greek Arabic,
are we to receive in this life or is the correct idea in the next life
because Matthew if read by itself can be interpreted as you will receive many times as much in
eternity,
whereas mark implys in this life?
[I've always been a bit suspicious of MARK because it is to me more a second hand gospel,
he adds the bit about handling snakes and talking in tongues at the end because he hung around
luke and paul, so saw talking in other tongues and may have seen paul get bitten by the snake.
and he was only a young man so he may have got his facts a little wrong.]

mark 10:30 "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life. 31
VS
matthew 19: 29 "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.

Which one is right in the Hebrew or greek Arabic,
are we to receive in this life or is the correct idea in the next life
because Matthew if read by itself can be interpreted as you will receive many times as much in
eternity,
whereas mark implys in this life?
[I've always been a bit suspicious of MARK because it is to me more a second hand gospel,
he adds the bit about handling snakes and talking in tongues at the end because he hung around
luke and paul, so saw talking in other tongues and may have seen paul get bitten by the snake.
and he was only a young man so he may have got his facts a little wrong.]

I can tell you what I believe this means.
If we abandon our families, mothers, fathers, children, brothers, sisters, homes the scriptures gives us very stern warning if we do any of these which is not good.

1Ti 5:8.. But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Anyone who does these things is "worse" than an "unbeliever", and has denied the "faith". I wonder how many people who have actually done this thinking they are doing God service?

When God created man he said "it was not good for man to be alone". All human beings whether men, or women all desire to have a family, and to know what it is like to be a parent, mother, father, to know what it is like to have children, and a home to raise them in.
When it comes to serving the Lord, there are those who even though they want to have these things, and experience them have "decided to leave" these things behind in order to serve the Lord in stead. As the Apostle Paul says.......

1Co 7:32.. But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
1Co 7:33.. But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

Someone might say, well did not the Apostles leave their families to follow Jesus. They did leave their homes, and jobs, but they did not leave their families.
All the Apostles who were married took their families with them on the road. We just never hear about them because they were not a part of Jesus inner core of Apostles.
The Apostle Paul said he had same right as all others Apostles to bring along a wife if he wanted

1Cor 9:4.. Have we not power to eat and to drink?
1Cor 9:5.. Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Those who decide to forgo having a family, and such will receive a special blessing for doing so in this life.

Last edited:
I can tell you what I believe this means.
If we abandon our families, mothers, fathers, children, brothers, sisters, homes the scriptures gives us very stern warning if we do any of these which is not good.

1Ti 5:8.. But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Anyone who does these things is "worse" than an "unbeliever", and has denied the "faith". I wonder how many people who have actually done this thinking they are doing God service?

When God created man he said "it was not good for man to be alone". All human beings whether men, or women all desire to have a family, and to know what it is like to be a parent, mother, father, to know what it is like to have children, and a home to raise them in.
When it comes to serving the Lord, there are those who even though they want to have these things, and experience them have "decided to leave" these things behind in order to serve the Lord in stead. As the Apostle Paul says.......

1Co 7:32.. But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
1Co 7:33.. But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

Someone might say, well did not the Apostles leave their families to follow Jesus. They did leave their homes, and jobs, but they did not leave their families.
All the Apostles who were married took their families with them on the road. We just never hear about them because they were not a part of Jesus inner core of Apostles.
The Apostle Paul said he had same right as all others Apostles to bring along a wife if he wanted

1Cor 9:4.. Have we not power to eat and to drink?
1Cor 9:5.. Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Those who decide to forgo having a family, and such will receive a special blessing for doing so in this life.

That is all well and good - But look at abraham - God had to get him away from his family and friends to work in Him.......He does this today at times with people........It is niot like - oh well I am board so I am splitten down the road...........
Blessings

Change any part of a system and the whole system is changed....I think your on to something there Jim...but sometimes in our time this is not possible unless God also audibly commands us like He did with Abe...today we can minister where we are but be aware (because of His many examples) of how associates can affect our walk...

That is all well and good - But look at abraham - God had to get him away from his family and friends to work in Him.......He does this today at times with people........It is niot like - oh well I am board so I am splitten down the road...........
Blessings
Abraham never "abandoned" his family. He left his relatives for a season later to be united back with them even as Paul tells married couples that it is ok to leave for the reason of prayer for a time determined by the husband and wife.

1Co 7:5 Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Back