Plus One

The use of all things as you are implying is out of context.

If a Christian gets angry at a driver and runs them off the road and shoots them dead.
This falls under all things but no good is in it.

A Brother ruined his life and another had days of life stolen.Blessings
When Scripture writes that everything "works together for good," my understanding here is that there's only one way it is "worked," by God. He causes them to benefit Himself concerning His holiness being seeing in comparison to the evil. Concerning the saved, it benefits our faith by trusting that He controls the reason for all that transpires and our faith is strengthened knowing He uses all for our benefit, just as His Word claims.

Also, without knocking your reasoning, using an unlikely hypothetical situation doesn't address the issue.

Blessings!

When Scripture writes that everything "works together for good," my understanding here is that there's only one way it is "worked," by God. He causes them to benefit Himself concerning His holiness being seeing in comparison to the evil.
However it is not written as a stand alone stripped piece of scripture stating that what ever happens will be worked for Good.
That is the belief that stems from taking a part of scripture and applying it any way we see fit.

The word of God is not a list of do's and donts.
It was not written in chapter and verse.
They are anointed Letters Written and we must be cautious in how we stop and start new points or context.
Otherwise we take something said and use it in other ways then what it was stated for.

Also without knocking your reasoning, using an unlikely hypothetical situation doesn't address the issue.

My apologies sir, I expected more from you.
It most certainly does address the issue.
In order for what you are saying - then my example is true.
Unlikely? No sir, it happens and that's the truth.

Thank you for trying to explain your reasoning with us and I wish you a very Joyfully Blessed day
FCJ

However it is not written as a stand alone stripped piece of scripture stating that what ever happens will be worked for Good.
That is the belief that stems from taking a part of scripture and applying it any way we see fit.
I would agree if the claim ceased at "for good," but for it to be sensible it must include "to those who love God;" which is to testify that this does not include the unbeliever, which is where sin still dominates (Rom 6:12, 14). Everything unbelievers attempt by evil, "God means it for good" (Gen 15:20).

It most certainly does address the issue.
In order for what you are saying - then my example is true.
Unlikely? No sir, it happens and that's the truth.

Thank you for trying to explain your reasoning with us and I wish you a very Joyfully Blessed day
FCJ
Not to refute your reply, but I do not think it sensible to assume a born again individual would even conceive harming others (outside of self defense)--considering Philippians 2:13 and Galatians 5:17, and many other passages.

I also appreciate your Admin/Mod team for their site labors!

Blessings!

I would agree if the claim ceased at "for good," but for it to be sensible it must include "to those who love God;" which is to testify that this does not include the unbeliever, which is where sin still dominates (Rom 6:12, 14). Everything unbelievers attempt by evil, "God means it for good" (Gen 15:20).
Exactly and thus cancels out all things always work for the good.

One may say they love God but to love God then we are walking according to His Word.
Which means in all things such as Forgiveness. If a believer is walking in unforgiveness then all things won't be working for their Good.
God can turn things around for our benifits but we will have to be walking in His ways.

Not to refute your reply, but I do not think it sensible to assume a born again individual would even conceive harming others (outside of self defense)--considering Philippians 2:13 and Galatians 5:17, and many other passages.

Sir, Saved people have many opportunities every day to get in the flesh. It's totally up to each individual to make the choice each time.
Far too many times a saved believer out of anger or frustration make bad choices and flow in the flesh. There are believers in prison and the grave because of this.

Thank you as we (I) appreciate your contributions and your calm and peaceful discussions
Blessings to you and your family
FCJ

Hi guys... just thought I'd toss in my two cents. And as I am still learning, I don't claim to have a grasp on everything... so, here goes...
It is my understanding, that if we don't "limit" ourselves to only thinking of the one person, and his/her faith, but rather expand our view to the larger picture... it seems to make more sense. And in that case, all of your comments/differences actually come together and are in agreement. (I'm have a tough time at wording this to make sense.)
We can agree that there are consequences for doing evil. We can agree that sometime true believers get hurt due to the evils of others. We can agree that sometimes horrible things happen, even to those who have made no choices or evil actions... (children/babies suffering, killed due to war, wrecks, disease, etc.) We can go back and read Job, and refresh on a few points made there as well.
Yes there is evil... Not everything that happens to us is necessarily always about us. But God has a way of using those bad things, to produce great things... even if those great things are not to benefit us directly, (or immediately)... it could be to benefit a larger group, family, or nation! I think sometimes, we see with blinders on, or more appropriately "tunnel vision", and tend to limit God. We like to put Him in a box, or reduce everything down to a set of "if"/"then" statements. For example:
The difficulties believers encounter are always (regardless of the size) for the testing of our faith,
When I read that statement, I see it as "our" not simply to be an individual, but the the larger body as well..
I think we dont always know the things weve done have been disobedient to God because sins from the past can have consequences now.
Perfect example- Sometimes it's not even about something the "individual" did... but yet there is still consequences that get suffered, even as an result of someone elses sins/actions/disobedience. (Parents, governments, shootings, etc.)

I guess it would be like saying Jesus beating and crucifixtion was Gods punishment. Well actually no, curcifixtion and beating were the Roman way of dealing with criminals. Jesus was innocent. But if he didnt go through it, He would have never obtained the victory for us, giving his life for us, giving his blood and his body, and overcoming the grave.

Perfect summary of what I'm trying to say... as it's written, "all things" ;)
He suffered the consequences of the sins that were not His. And at times, so will we. And when that happens, that's yet one more way "we" are more Christ-like. It should actually server to allow us gain even more love, faith, understanding, compassion, and unity. That may be why Paul found he could "be content" in both good and bad situations.
So should we.

Note: This is just how this discussion strikes me... as I said I still have much to learn and understand. And nothing stated above is meant to disagree with earlier posts.. I just wanted to sort of broaden the degree of the "we", and "us".

-God Bless :)

Hi guys... just thought I'd toss in my two cents. And as I am still learning, I don't claim to have a grasp on everything... so, here goes...
It is my understanding, that if we don't "limit" ourselves to only thinking of the one person, and his/her faith, but rather expand our view to the larger picture... it seems to make more sense. And in that case, all of your comments/differences actually come together and are in agreement. (I'm have a tough time at wording this to make sense.)
We can agree that there are consequences for doing evil. We can agree that sometime true believers get hurt due to the evils of others. We can agree that sometimes horrible things happen, even to those who have made no choices or evil actions... (children/babies suffering, killed due to war, wrecks, disease, etc.) We can go back and read Job, and refresh on a few points made there as well.
Yes there is evil... Not everything that happens to us is necessarily always about us. But God has a way of using those bad things, to produce great things... even if those great things are not to benefit us directly, (or immediately)... it could be to benefit a larger group, family, or nation! I think sometimes, we see with blinders on, or more appropriately "tunnel vision", and tend to limit God. We like to put Him in a box, or reduce everything down to a set of "if"/"then" statements. For example:

When I read that statement, I see it as "our" not simply to be an individual, but the the larger body as well..

Perfect example- Sometimes it's not even about something the "individual" did... but yet there is still consequences that get suffered, even as an result of someone elses sins/actions/disobedience. (Parents, governments, shootings, etc.)

Perfect summary of what I'm trying to say... as it's written, "all things" ;)
He suffered the consequences of the sins that were not His. And at times, so will we. And when that happens, that's yet one more way "we" are more Christ-like. It should actually server to allow us gain even more love, faith, understanding, compassion, and unity. That may be why Paul found he could "be content" in both good and bad situations.
So should we.

Note: This is just how this discussion strikes me... as I said I still have much to learn and understand. And nothing stated above is meant to disagree with earlier posts.. I just wanted to sort of broaden the degree of the "we", and "us".

-God Bless :)
Hi A S, and thanks for your input!

Blessings!

Yes God can - BUT - that takes repentance and following through on our part.

A Christian can get out on their own out of disobedience and get into trouble, hurt or killed and it won't be worked for their Good until they get back in line with God and His ways.

However one must continue to do things God's way and in time yes God can use something meant for harm into something Good.
Blessings
Are you asking me to explain this.
Why would you be disobeying God. A christian obeys God because they love Him.

All things work together for good of those who LOVE GOD, who are the called according to His purpose.

This verse tells us we must love God and be called according to his purpose. A christian is someone who has answered the call to follow Jesus. Which means trusting and OBEYING him.

Genesis 50:20 is talking about Joseph when he was egypt talking to his brothers who left him for dead do he got taken into slavery in Egypt . They meant it for evil because they were jealous of himand his cost of many colours. but God turned it around for good. To cut a long story short JOseph became the 2ic of the pharoah and saved them from famine, his brothers were buying food from egypt and come to him because God meant them to be reconciled.

Do you not know this story? The brothers repented. Joseph all the time was obeying God even in egypt. The pharoahs wife even tried to seduce him and he said no and fled the scene.

Listen, why are people debating something that is non debatable. If a christian loves God, they will obey Him. Simple.

If we are called to follow Jesus, we dont turn back. Jesus said those that turn back arent fit for the kingdom, it would be like if someone is ploughing a field and looks backwards instead of forward, and then their row is all crooked and they dont get anywhere, and their crop is ruined cos well they just dont know how to plough a field!

What ever happens to us whe we follow Jesus, God knows the expected outcome. Because in jeremiah 29:11 he tells us He is thinking of us and has plans not to harm us but for good.

Satan will do everything he can to get a christian off track, and try to attack us even if we are on track. The thing is, you just keep following Jesus, submittting to God and resisting the devil. And he will flee. He has to.

Satan will do everything he can to get a christian off track, and try to attack us even if we are on track. The thing is, you just keep following Jesus, submittting to God and resisting the devil. And he will flee. He has to.
It's encouraging to know that regardless of what the Enemy does, he can never separate a believer from God! He can distract and delay our maturity in the Lord Jesus, but never hinder it. God bless!

Back