Possession of faith and provision

Possession of faith and provision

Psalm 37:19) They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

They shall not be ashamed in the evil time – My people, the faith, the Christian faith is one of hardships, one of endurance (Matthew 24:13) “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” It requires us to be tested and proven, (Hebrews 11:17-19) “By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.” It is a faith of commitment, (Revelation 3:11) “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.” It is our faith that gives us boldness in our relationship with God, (Hebrew 4:16) “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” We can stand against the adversary, (Revelation 12:9) “that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan”, just as David stood against Goliath saying (1 Samuel 17:45) “Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.” Proverbs 17:17) “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” That describes the Christian faith; we are bread to go against the grain, against society. When the world does that which is wrong we remember what Moses said (Exodus 32:2) “Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil, neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment”.

(2 Timothy 2:11-12) “It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us”. (Luke 9: 26) “For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels” and (Luke 12:8) “Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God”. How long and how many years has the faith been persecuted, ridiculed, mocked, and has faced adversity. How long has the world not been able to understand that which God allows us see and can we ever be ashamed? Persecution is like a birth right or a mark of passage, (Romans 8:17) “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:32) He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

What provision couldn’t God make? (Psalm 91:2) “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” Shall God fail? Nay, is there anything too hard for God? (Isaiah 41:10) “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 40:28)“Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?” (Psalm 121:4) “Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” Neither shall he stop watching over us, (1 Peter 3:12) “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.” We can overcome but we need to lean with all humility to the Lord. 1 Peter 5:5) “clothed in humility” and (1 Peter 5:6-7) “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you”. This is it bottom line, God is a provider, (Isaiah 25:4) “For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.” (Psalm 84:11) “No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” What can’t God get us through as long as we are submissive to him because (James 4:6) “God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Amen! Praise the Lord that He has chosen us to be His people and that He will be with us, lo, even unto the end of the age.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." Isaiah 43:3

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, Eph 3:16

Back