Post scriptures from your daily devotions

Hey all,
Let's post scriptures from your daily devotions which spoke to your hearts.
This is so we may encourage each other!

Psalms 42:1-2 (NLT)
As the deer longs for streams of water,
so I long for you, O God.
2I thirst for God, the living God.
When can I go and stand before him?

Hebrews 11:1-3 (Phillips)
Now faith means putting our full confidence in the things we hope for, it means being certain of things we cannot see. It was this kind of faith that won their reputation for the saints of old. And it is after all only by faith that our minds accept as fact that the whole scheme of time and space was created by God’s command—that the world which we can see has come into being through principles which are invisible.

One of the passages that i studied today was ps 25:4-5
Show me Your ways O Lord Teach me Your paths Lead me in Your truth and teach me For You are the God of my Salvation. On You I wait all the day.

As i was using a concordance and websters 1858 dictionary God led me to difine salvation....which is exemption from misfortune, sickness, calamity....deliverance, safety, prosperity, victory, welfare and wellbeing.

It was interesting to define welfare as well..... it said exempton from misfortune, sickness, calamity or evil. The enjoyment of health and the comon blessings of life; prosperity happiness applied to people. Exemption from any unusual evil or calamity. The enjoyment of peace and prosperity or the ordinary blessings of society and civil government applied to states.

Blessings

Titus 3:4-8 (NLT)
4But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love,
5he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.
6He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.
7Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.”
8This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone.

Isaiah 26:12~
Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also
has wrought all our works in us.

This verse prophesies the time of our salvation...
when all our works would be of the Lord, done by
the Spirit of the Lord. It's calming to know human
flesh cannot work it's own salvation, but finds it
completely in the Lord's work.

Heb 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

I will share my text and what I learned from it.

John 15: 1-5

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If we are to bear fruit, we must abide or remain in Christ. Those who do not bear fruit are cast away to be burned (v6). This means daily surrender of self to Christ. Christ cannot abide in anyone who does not surrender self. Instead, He stands at the door of your heart and knocks, that He may come in. I praise God that as we surrender, it is Him that works in us both the will and to do His good pleasure. But the condition is that we abide. How do we know what to surrender, that we may abide? v 10 tells us:

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

To remain in his love, we surrender our will to his will to keep His commandments. And if God is in us working in us, then His commandments are not grievous.

Amen

Last edited:
Hebrews 2:16-18 (Amp)
16 For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand].
17 So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every aspect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the peoples sins.
18 For because He Himself [in His humanity] has suffered in being tempted (tested and tried), He is able [immediately] to run to the cry of (assist, relieve) those who are being tempted and rested and tried [and who are therefore are being exposed to suffering].

Notice in verse 18, it says He is able immediately to run to the cry of those who are being tempted, tested, tried and suffering.
When we cry out because of the temptation, test, the trying and the suffering, JESUS RUNS to assist and relieve us.
So when we are in the midst of it, remember to cry out to Jesus remembering He is running to your aid.
Isn't that encouraging! Jesus runs to your aid!

Heb 4:14-16
14Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Jeremiah 15:16-17
16) Thy words were found, and I did eat them;
and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing
of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O
LORD God of hosts.
17) I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor
rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou
hast filled me with indignation.

Because we are 'called by God's name', we often find ourselves
sitting alone. But true joy and rejoicing are reserved for us who
take delight in the counsel of God's word.

Ps 51:10-12
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
This is one of my favorite passages. This was made into a song during the 70s and it still rings fresh.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls for My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Jesus wants us to learn how to live this life from Him. Following His example of how He handled everything. He fully rested in the Father, and His ability to do the things that He was telling Him to do. Meaning God was the one working through Him. All He had to do was be obedient. Blessings

Ps 52:8-9
But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.
I will always trust in God’s unfailing love.
9 I will praise you forever, O God,
for what you have done.
I will trust in your good name
in the presence of your faithful people.

I could put the majority of Hebrews 9-10 in here. It is so rich and good. Those 2 chapters will require more study and reflection!
God bless each of you and may you have a great day!

Heb 12:1-2 (NLT)
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.

I once thought about a race where the finish line was in sight and the participants were throwing off the things which hindered them, leaving them on the track. It's not about who finishes first, but who finishes.

Jeremiah 15:16-17
16) Thy words were found, and I did eat them;
and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing
of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O
LORD God of hosts.
17) I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor
rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou
hast filled me with indignation.

Because we are 'called by God's name', we often find ourselves
sitting alone. But true joy and rejoicing are reserved for us who
take delight in the counsel of God's word.
Jeremiah 15:16 is one of the scriptures I daily confess. It's one that has been with me for years.

Heb 13:20-21
20 Now may the God of peace—

who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus,

the great Shepherd of the sheep,

and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood—

21 may he equip you with all you need

for doing his will.

May he produce in you,

through the power of Jesus Christ,

every good thing that is pleasing to him.

All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.

My blessing over each of you today! Have a Great day!

Last edited:
James 2:21-24 (NLT)
21 Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete. 23 And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God. 24 So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

Back