POTLUCK -v- POTBLESSING

I have been addressing the unsavory title "Potluck dinner" as often used within Yeshua Church. Since the word LUCK is no more than a Satanic term designed to remove G-d totally out of the situation, and contribute His blessings and everything that takes place to no more than mere coincidence by chance, or happenstance. I ask how can a Believer truly loving Yeshua Ha'Meshiach be so mindlessly unthankful towards where all our blessings originate? Your Pot may be just a Pot full of Luck, My every meal will always be remembered as a “Pot full of G-d's Blessings” from above! A-POTBLESSING! Amen!

Mal 1:6 "A son honors his father, And a servant his master. If then I am the Father, Where is My honor? And if I am a Master, Where is My reverence? Says the LORD of hosts To you priests who despise My name. Yet you say, 'In what way have we despised Your name?' 7 "You offer defiled food on My altar, But say, 'In what way have we defiled You?' By saying, 'The table of the LORD is contemptible.”

Mar 12:30 “AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' This is the first commandment.”

Mat 15:8 'THESE PEOPLE DRAW NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONOR ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.” This is true all too often among the Elect.

Eze 33:31 “So they come to you as people do, they sit before you as My people, and they hear your words, but they do not do them; for with their mouth they show much love, but their hearts pursue their own gain. 32 Indeed you are to them as a very lovely song of one who has a pleasant voice and can play well on an instrument; for they hear your words, but they do not do them.

Wherein my heart weeps for the complacent negligence of Yeshua forgetful Bride. Shalom!

I have been addressing the unsavory title "Potluck dinner" as often used within Yeshua Church. Since the word LUCK is no more than a Satanic term designed to remove G-d totally out of the situation, and contribute His blessings and everything that takes place to no more than mere coincidence by chance, or happenstance. I ask how can a Believer truly loving Yeshua Ha'Meshiach be so mindlessly unthankful towards where all our blessings originate? Your Pot may be just a Pot full of Luck, My every meal will always be remembered as a “Pot full of G-d's Blessings” from above! A-POTBLESSING! Amen!

Mal 1:6 "A son honors his father, And a servant his master. If then I am the Father, Where is My honor? And if I am a Master, Where is My reverence? Says the LORD of hosts To you priests who despise My name. Yet you say, 'In what way have we despised Your name?' 7 "You offer defiled food on My altar, But say, 'In what way have we defiled You?' By saying, 'The table of the LORD is contemptible.”

Mar 12:30 “AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' This is the first commandment.”

Mat 15:8 'THESE PEOPLE DRAW NEAR TO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONOR ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME.” This is true all too often among the Elect.

Eze 33:31 “So they come to you as people do, they sit before you as My people, and they hear your words, but they do not do them; for with their mouth they show much love, but their hearts pursue their own gain. 32 Indeed you are to them as a very lovely song of one who has a pleasant voice and can play well on an instrument; for they hear your words, but they do not do them.

Wherein my heart weeps for the complacent negligence of Yeshua forgetful Bride. Shalom!

Personally, I have never heard the term POTLUCK dinner used in church. I am thinking that it is a localized saying.

I don't know if it is always negative.. For me

pot·luck
ˌpätˈlək/
noun
noun: pot luck; noun: potluck; noun: pot-luck
  1. used in reference to a situation in which one must take a chance that whatever is available will prove to be good or acceptable.
    "he could take potluck in a town not noted for its hotels"
    • NORTH AMERICAN
      a meal or party to which each of the guests contributes a dish.
      "a potluck supper"

I think you're looking way too much into the phrase. Pot, not the weed, was a cooking pot, and luck was only meant to describe the fortunate or adverse dish inside. Some non-cooks want to participate and the dish in the pot might be awful, or from an awesome cook, making an awesome dish: hence, pot luck - potluck.

Synonyms for luck: hazard, chance, destiny, fortune, lot, portion, fortunate

Used by Jesus the word in Luke 10:31, 12:46, the disciples used it to select Judas' replacement, Acts 1:26, and remember:

Titus 1:15 (KJV)
Unto the pure all things [are] pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving [is] nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Still, I like it, so I'll use "PotBlessing"! :D

I think I have only heard the term "Potluck" used at church gatherings, from all denominations. In fact, the organization I work for (mostly Protestant actually) is having, as advertized, a potluck luncheon for tomorrow.

The first time I heard this term was back when I was really little, listening to a Christian audio show called "Kids Praise w/ Psalty, the Singing Songbook." In one episode, they held a potluck. It's where I learned the term and its meaning.

It's background, however, does stem from Irish tradition, but not meaning "luck" so much as meaning chance or even hope. "Hope for good dishes" from what I just looked up.

I'm not one who worries so much on colloquialisms provided the juices behind them aren't dangerous. For instance, I link the word "Easter" to meaning the resurrection of Christ, so it is a very good thing with me. Though I know for others, they refuse to call it "Easter" and insist it be called "Resurrection Day" because of the title's pagan history.

When a group come together for fellowship (ideally legitimate Christian fellowship) with joy and friendship, I don't mind if it is called a potluck, a potblessing or a dinner party.

Personally, I wouldn't let something like this consume you.

I would like to think of it as potlock as in if I invite you to this potlock, you're locked into bringing a pot of food to the party.

Back