power of Words

have you ever looked at mighty buildings, like a large hospital or school or a bridge or large statues,
and thought wow that is really impressive, I could never do anything like that or create it,
imagine all the millions of dollars budgeted to build it,
the thousands of workers and time involved.
But,
it all began with words.
Words that began with a politician or an a lobbyist or an activist or
just a mum or dad who needed something or maybe it was a committee or
just ordinary men and women sitting around having cups of coffee planning
the future development of the city.
Words began it, originated it, created it.

The money, the manpower, the obstacles of mountains or rivers were just things subject to the power
of Words.

The origin of the Statue of Liberty is sometimes traced to a comment made by French law professor and politician in 1865. In after-dinner conversation at his home.
Matthew 8 7Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him." 8But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed..
Words have power like ...marry me...I do....I will...can't...help me...
Words of praise, words of gossip, words that build up or tear down.
You can't really judge a person on looks, but as soon as they speak ....
A decision can be the words yes or no, and If you say I won't decide you have already said no.
So say after me...

I am a child of the living God,
He will prosper me and heal me,
He will show me His ways and lead me.
He will forgive me and change me
and protect me.

or any such words of faith,
but do you want to say those words? or are they screwing your mind up with all sorts of debates
about one thing or another about who you are and your relationship with Him?
The Words are in your mouth, not on the moon.

Is the past somehow in the present to suffocate your words? it exist only in your mind, the bondages
of an abused childhood, the guilt of things done wrong, don't they?
Who are you actually today? this minute.
Here are some words: I am free in Christ.

Words brought everything into existence in the beginning.

There was a time when I used to be very obnoxious and sarcastic with words I thought to be witty. I can recall several instances where I used words that hurt others. It took the Word of God to help me realize the error of my ways; that and God working in my life.

I actually had to cover my mouth with my hand to keep me from spewing words that did no good.

People I know now have often told me that I'm quiet and don't speak much.

Genesis 1:3 (NKJV)
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

2 Timothy 2:16
But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.

Words are everything. You cannot be charismatic without words, You cannot be witty, clever. I first realized words were weapons when I used them to disarm people. I used words to get the reaction I wanted. That is one reason I hate the news so much. They adjust words to fit their needs.

I am not arguing the points, just the words that they use. "undocumented workers." "Moderate rebels" "Job creators" "common sense laws" . When they want to push something on you that you don't want, they need to make it sound good to you, or at the very least unappealing and uninteresting so that you do not look at it twice.

When I speak of Christ, or listen to others speak of him, I do not feel those kinda word betrayals.

Back