Power outage

Where I live we get a great deal of power outages. Last night's was heralded by a blinding flash of lightning and an immediate clap of thunder that shook the entire house. Both my husband and I need CPAP to be able to sleep, and without power, no CPAP so no sleep. We keep power packs and it is my responsibility to keep them topped up. Yesterday afternoon I walked past them thinking, "I really ought to charge these just in case", but my laziness made me forego the task. Serves me right that I was then up all night. I keep asking myself when I'm going to start listening to that inner voice that is telling me something important. God speaks to us in many ways, and often it is a soft inner voice reminding us of what needs to be done in our lives. Repeated lessons have shown me the wisdom of heeding that voice. I was weak and ignored it. Fortunately on this occasion it was just a night's sleep that I lost. I am slowly learning to listen, but not just listen, to also ACT on what is being said. I'd love to be able to say that I won't make the same mistake twice, but I know better. It's just one of those things that I have to be more aware of.

Where I live we get a great deal of power outages. Last night's was heralded by a blinding flash of lightning and an immediate clap of thunder that shook the entire house. Both my husband and I need CPAP to be able to sleep, and without power, no CPAP so no sleep. We keep power packs and it is my responsibility to keep them topped up. Yesterday afternoon I walked past them thinking, "I really ought to charge these just in case", but my laziness made me forego the task. Serves me right that I was then up all night. I keep asking myself when I'm going to start listening to that inner voice that is telling me something important. God speaks to us in many ways, and often it is a soft inner voice reminding us of what needs to be done in our lives. Repeated lessons have shown me the wisdom of heeding that voice. I was weak and ignored it. Fortunately on this occasion it was just a night's sleep that I lost. I am slowly learning to listen, but not just listen, to also ACT on what is being said. I'd love to be able to say that I won't make the same mistake twice, but I know better. It's just one of those things that I have to be more aware of.

Hello Egraine;

I hope you and your husband are ok. Is the power restored today and are the CPAPs operating now?

You both remain in my prayers. God bless you.

I have just found that after I repent for missed opportunity for obedience, I then thank Him for the reminder, and speaking. It keeps my mind realizing that The Holy Spirit spoke, and keeps me on the faith side, without dwelling upon the mistake of missing the instruction.

Praying for you both to be able to regain your lost rest, and healing for your breathing to come to your bodies. In Jesus name.

Blessings to you my friend and thank you for sharing this reminder.

On the heels of the power outage I got this in my email and it seemed to fit the situation nicely,

"There are benefits and blessings hidden in the folds of every experience and every outcome. That includes every 'bad' thing that may be happening to you right now. ... Know that nothing ever happens from the Lord that is not for your highest good." (Daily Affirmations - Grief Connections./Lyle Reeve)

This was a fitting message considering the circumstances. By the way, the power company foreman came to the house yesterday evening to let us know they had FINALLY found a faulty transformer. We were only without power for 18 hours. It was a wonderful excuse to eat a lot of ice cream yesterday for fear it would melt. (LOL) I also learned how to wash oneself from a single bowl of water (with no power here the well pump does not work). I am so grateful that on this occasion it was not minus 20 degrees when this happened. Our personal record for no power or water or heat is 3 days in the dead of winter. We are all back to normal again today, except for a couple pounds heavier from the ice cream overdose.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. Blessings.

On the heels of the power outage I got this in my email and it seemed to fit the situation nicely,

"There are benefits and blessings hidden in the folds of every experience and every outcome. That includes every 'bad' thing that may be happening to you right now. ... Know that nothing ever happens from the Lord that is not for your highest good." (Daily Affirmations - Grief Connections./Lyle Reeve)

This was a fitting message considering the circumstances. By the way, the power company foreman came to the house yesterday evening to let us know they had FINALLY found a faulty transformer. We were only without power for 18 hours. It was a wonderful excuse to eat a lot of ice cream yesterday for fear it would melt. (LOL) I also learned how to wash oneself from a single bowl of water (with no power here the well pump does not work). I am so grateful that on this occasion it was not minus 20 degrees when this happened. Our personal record for no power or water or heat is 3 days in the dead of winter. We are all back to normal again today, except for a couple pounds heavier from the ice cream overdose.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. Blessings.

Thank you Egraine for the update. Glory to God for getting you all back to power quicker than normal and I agree! Glory to God that it was not winter :)

Blessings

I have just found that after I repent for missed opportunity for obedience, I then thank Him for the reminder, and speaking. It keeps my mind realizing that The Holy Spirit spoke, and keeps me on the faith side, without dwelling upon the mistake of missing the instruction.

AMEN to that!!! When I am forewarned and don't listen, it is always a reminder to me that I am a child of God and the Holy Spirit just spoke to me. I am amazed everytime it happens. But I must admit as well that I have to pay more attention to that soft voice that speaks. But it is a wonderful feeling to know that God's spirit speaks to His children.

Back