Praise Breaks The Chains

Praise Breaks The Chains

Exodus 17:10So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

As long as Moses raised his hands they were winning, but when they were down they would begin to lose.

1 Timothy 2:8I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Psalm 141:2Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Hebrews 12:12a Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down…….

If we continue to lift our hands in prayer and praise we will have the victory. Why do you think the enemy tries to keep you from praying? Why does he fight praise and worship so much? Its because he knows how powerful it is. So lift your hands and your voice: go up to that mountain of praise and lift His name on high!

Exodus 17:12But Moses hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun .

Moses couldn’t hold up his hands until the end of day alone. Aaron and Hur had to help him hold up his arms. If they hadn’t, they would have lost the battle.

Hebrews 13:15By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Paul and Silas probably did not much feel like praising God when they were beaten and thrown in prison. But in their spirit they wanted to lift him up.

Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.26And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

When Paul and Silas prayed and sang to the Lord and the chains fell off. Sometimes in our midnight hour we just need to pray and praise God until all that holds us bound is loosed !

Praise is so powerful it will shake the foundation of our prison and loose the bands that hold us captive! It will shake the enemy for he trembles at the sound of praise. He hates praise. He wanted the worship for himself. Praise and worship will send him on the run.

Psalm 8:2Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Praise breaks the chains of bondage and sets captives free. Not only for us, but even those around us are influenced when they see what the Lord has done for us and they can be set free too!

When we praise and pray doors that have been closed are suddenly opened! When Peter was in prison they prayed for him and he was freed.

Acts 12:7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
8And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
9And he went out, and followed him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision.
10When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.

Psalm 22:3But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

When He is lifted up He comes on the scene. The gifts of the Spirit begin to move. The anointing and power of God begin to work. When we lift Him up He will come and do what He wills. And what is his will?

1 John 3:8b For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Luke 4:18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

I have been speaking concerning us as indiviuals, but just as Aaran and Hur held up Moses hand we also need to hold up the hands of our pastors and leaders. The enemy will try to attack them even more than the sheep. He knows if he can get the leader he can scatter the flock and harm or destroy the sheep.

Lift up their hands in prayer for protection, direction and revelation. Pray the scriptures over him, the needs of his family and guidance. Open the doors by continuing to praise God for the answer. He will do what His Word says. I don’t mean just say a little pray and go your way. I mean prayer and fasting; deep intercession in the spirit until victory comes. Let him know you are standing with him and how much your care. We should hold each other up in prayer too. Where one is weak the other is strong. We are the body and we need each other and work together for the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

John 13:35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

That is so beautiful GodSpeaks and you have said so much that is does not leave much else .

Yes our God covets the praises of His people and the example of Moses is a wonderful one . We need to lift up holy hands in praise to our God .

Sometimes when we enter the service and we have a heavy heart and don't feel like praising is the time when we need to praise Him ( but of course our enemy does not want us to) When we lift our hands to Him in praise those heavy bands are released and fall off .He has set us free from the chains of discouragement , dispondency , depression and negative thoughts. OUr whole being is cleansed and renewed by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We sing a song and some of the words are : shake off those heavy bands , lift up holy hands .

Praise breaks the chains of bondage and sets captives free. Not only for us, but even those around us are influenced when they see what the Lord has done for us and they can be set free too!

When we praise and pray doors that have been closed are suddenly opened! When Peter was in prison they prayed for him and he was freed.

Amen and as people begin to lift their voices in praise , we too feel the presence of the Holy Spirit , like a fresh breeze sweeping through the congregation.

We had a praise and worship convention in our large facility " The Rogers Center " which holds about 50,000 people and when people began to worship from all cultures , backgrounds , colours, nationalities , I tell you it was the most electrifying experience I have ever felt . After I said to my freind : Did you feel the cool breeze pass by ?' and she said yes and there were no windows or air vents nearby ... It was the Holy Spirit. Behind us were teen agers who were praying in tongues and dancing in the Spirit . I love these experiences more than all the worldly concerts . Yes dear GodSpeaks we do need to praise the Lord more for He is worthy to be honoured and praised.

And if we don't praise Him the rocks will cry out in our place and I don't want a rock to replace my worship .

That's why I love the Psalms .... they are full of praise.

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds — his name is the LORD— and rejoice before him.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/passage/?search=Psalm+107:32&version=NIV

Psalm 117:2
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD.

Let them exalt him in the assembly of the people and praise him in the council of the elders.

Dusty,
Good post

Like alot of us, on New Years eve, I was praying and prasing at midnight last night. And there was a breakthrough. Bondages were broken

Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.26And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

We can pray and praise in our midnight hour, when it looks so dark, and the Lord will hear and come to our rescue.

And if we don't praise Him the rocks will cry out in our place and I don't want a rock to replace my worship .

0014.gif
!!!

Yes, Dusty, that's biblically accurate ;) It would really be embarrassing if rocks would replace us.

I know a song about " I won't let no rock take my place! " LOL

I thought I posted a post at Thankgiving time about praise and the rocks crying out. I can't find it now. In fact, I don't know the place where it says find your own threads since the upgrade, only those in Dec are showing..

Apparently with the new software all posts that were not posted on the current server went poof. I have over 4,000+ posts and threads that are gone with the new change.

I thought I posted a post at Thankgiving time abou tpraise and the rocks crying out. I can't find it now. In fact, I don't know the place where it says find your own threads since the upgrade, only those in Dec are showing..

Apparently with the new software all posts that were not posted on the current server went poof. I have over 4,000+ posts and threads that are gone with the new change.

I thought I posted a post at Thankgiving time about praise and the rocks crying out. I can't find it now. In fact, I don't know the place where it says find your own threads since the upgrade, only those in Dec are showing..
Ok I guess it was lost. I posted it again.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/bible-studies/27319-rocks-will-cry-out.html#post206211

They didn’t like it when she washed His feet with her tears and could not see the beauty of her worship, but it was precious to Jesus. There are always some who will not like our ways of praise and worship. Why refuse to praise Him just because they have a critical spirit? It’s not what they think that matters but what GOD thinks about it.

He is looking for those who will praise Him. And when we do, we are just doing what we were created for. It’s not about us but about giving Him the glory due Him.

I took some of your post GodSpeaks as it does speak to me . I like the fact that it is not about us and all about Him . We do not come to church to look around to see what Mrs . so and so is wearing or what the back up singers are doing; we come with thanksgiving in our hearts for who Christ is and who we are in Him . Jesus is the reason we come to worship and honour Him corporately . He says we should gather in His name and worship Him . Worshipers are told to worship in spirit and in truth .

We sing a song .... We have come into this place with thanksgiving in our heart to worship Christ the Lord.

Psalm 132:7
"Let us go to his dwelling place; let us worship at his footstool

Hebrews 13:15
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.

So let us bring the sacrifice of praise unto our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for to Him it is like sweet savory . Praise His Holy Name

Dusty,
Good post

Like alot of us, on New Years eve, I was praying and prasing at midnight last night. And there was a breakthrough. Bondages were broken

We can pray and praise in our midnight hour, when it looks so dark, and the Lord will hear and come to our rescue.

Amen , and I was thinking the same thing as I thought of all those people with their empty glasses , and hangovers , dancing and celebrating . What a feeling of emptyness the next morning .

What better place to be on New Year's Eve than in the house of the Lord praising and singing and testifying of all His goodnes and mercies over the past year. We had a testimony time and the testimonies of healing , provision , God giving new jobs ,. students passing exams , God's sustaining power . and the list goes on . What an encouragement to those who are hurting and discouraged. I love my Jesus . We serve an awesome God .

We had a wonderful praise and worship service as well and a time of prayer where we welcomed in the New Year . We even had a countdown and tons of balloons were released up to the ceiling and then the hugging and dancing and wishing every one God's Blessing .

If you praise God when everything in your life is good, but don't praise Him when things are bad, your praise when things are good is false.

Praise is the weapon! When everything around you seems overwhelming, when it seems like it's just not going to happen for you, break out in PRAISE! God inhabits the praises of His people. The devil can't stand to hear us PRAISE God because he knows when we PRAISE, our VICTORY is about to happen...SUDDENLY!!! HALLELUJAH

A fast testimony of this mornings church service . A gentleman was getting ready to come to church but just did not want to come because of all the overwhelming problems in his and his families life . Our pastor was talking about praise and that we need to lift our hands and open our mouths and praise Him no matter what and the man came forward and started praising the Lord even though he did not want to and he testified to the congregation that the Holly Spirit broke through and he now has such peace about all the problems .

Praise God people . I need to praise Him more.

A fast testimony of this mornings church service . A gentleman was getting ready to come to church but just did not want to come because of all the overwhelming problems in his and his families life . Our pastor was talking about praise and that we need to lift our hands and open our mouths and praise Him no matter what and the man came forward and started praising the Lord even though he did not want to and he testified to the congregation that the Holly Spirit broke through and he now has such peace about all the problems .

That's a great testimony. Jesus is still breaking the chains today, bringing deliverance, settting people free.

Psalm 47:6
Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.

Romans 15:11
And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and sing praises to him, all you peoples."

This is one that I really like ; I am a princess because God says I am from royal priesthood so that is why we should praise Him

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1 Peter 2:9[/URL]
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
That's one of my favorites.
Here's one

Psalm 79:13
Then we, your people, will always thank you. We are like sheep with you as our shepherd, and all generations will hear us praise you.

There's so many in Psalms there no way to post them all. Thats why I like psalms.
This is one I really like:

Psalm 102:18
This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.

Back to Praise and it's power. Of course we can all have a spirit of heaviness if we let satan drain us but if we put on the garment of praise , he has to flee . If you and I are find ourselves there, wearing that spirit , try on the garment of praise .

Even yesterday with all the wonderful praise and worship and the rejoicing because of Resurrection Day , I have to confess , satan was trying to steal my joy . Just to tell you a little of what was going on ...... My son and I have been estranged since the divorce ( 11 years) and I decided not to go out of town ( my few relatives live out of town ) Even though I tried several times to invite him to church and come for dinner he kept saying maybe . Well , long story short maybe didn't come . As I came home , the heaviness hit me ..... no relatives here and no son to come . I got into word and started praising and no matter how difficult the situation , God shows up .

Isaiah 61: 1-3 ......
The Year of the LORD's Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 ...... to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 .......and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

Psalm 147 : 1 ........... Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

Hallelujah !!!!!

Praise is a weapon against the enemy and is why he fights it so much in some churches. There's power in praise that defeats him and his purposes.

Praise is a weapon against the enemy and is why he fights it so much in some churches. There's power in praise that defeats him and his purposes.

I know that but even though I praise Him ...again today am attacked again with the same issue.

He's always up to his tactics, but Jesus gives the victory. I'll be praying for you.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place

Back