Praise Breaks The Chains

Psalm 50:23
Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God

Psalm 51:15
O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

Psalm 54:6
I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.

Psalm 56:4
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Psalm 56:10
In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.

Thanks for all those praise verses and I have written them down . I do feel so much better and it is silly now when I think of letting satan get the better of me .... but not for long as the awesome praise like you said breaks the chains of our enemy and he has to flee. Thank you Jesus .

Thanks for all those praise verses and I have written them down . I do feel so much better and it is silly now when I think of letting satan get the better of me .... but not for long as the awesome praise like you said breaks the chains of our enemy and he has to flee. Thank you Jesus .

The enemy's tactic is a battle for our mind. But the second he starts talking to us, if we immediately put him on the run by stabbing with the Sword of the Spirit ( the scriptures) as Jesus did when He was tempted, then satan will have to flee!

The enemy's tactic is a battle for our mind. But the second he starts talking to us, if we immediately put him on the run by stabbing with the Sword of the Spirit ( the scriptures) as Jesus did when He was tempted, then satan will have to flee!

Right on my sister .... Thanks

Good Times Bad Times

Although things are not perfect

Because of trial or pain

Continue in thanksgiving

Do not begin to blame

Even when the times are hard

Fierce winds are bound to blow

God is forever able

Hold on to what you know

Imagine life without His love

Joy would cease to be

Keep thanking Him for all the things

Love imparts to thee

Move out of "Camp Complaining"

No weapon that is known

On earth can yield the power

Praise can do alone

Quit looking at the future

Redeem the time at hand

Start every day with worship

To "thank" is a command

Until we see Him coming

Victorious in the sky

We'll run the race with gratitude

eXalting God most high

Yes, there'll be good times and yes some will be bad, but...

Zion waits in glory...where none are ever sad!

- Author Unknown

Acts 16:25...... About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

Reading this passage this morning it brought to mind how our worship can break the power of chains in our life as well as physical chains .

As we worship and praise God _ chains are broken . A wonderful example is when Paul and Silas were in prison after having been flogged stripped and beaten , put into an inner cell and their feet fastened with chains.

God sent a powerful earthquake and everyone's chains came off and the prison doors were opened .

Similarily when we praise and honour God our chains of rebellion, lust, alchohol , and drugs are broken and we are freed from the devil's desception .

So that we as believers can sing ---- amazing love, amazing grace , my chains are gone , I am set free, My Lord , my God has rescued me .

GodSpeaks said:
Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.26And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

When Paul and Silas prayed and sang to the Lord and the chains fell off. Sometimes in our midnight hour we just need to pray and praise God until all that holds us bound is loosed !

Praise is so powerful it will shake the foundation of our prison and loose the bands that hold us captive! It will shake the enemy for he trembles at the sound of praise.

I have been thinking of this verse also. When we realize He has already paid for our deliverance from every bondage, habit or dependency, we will praise Him for it and it will become a reality in our lives

GodSpeaks said:
Psalm 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger

Even the youngest child can defeat the enemy with praise. He had no power against it when we lift up the name of the Jesus, the most powerful name there is. Demons tremble at that name, the name above all names. Every evil, every sickness, disease, problem or situation has to bow to that name.

Philippians 2:9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.

2 Chronicles 2:14Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
15And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
16To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
17Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

They had to face their enemy but they would win by the power of God, not their own strength. We don’t turn our back on the devil but we stand up to him. When we get direction from the Lord what to do to in a situation and then step out in faith doing as He instructed, then the battle is the Lord’s. He will back us up.

19And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.

We praise the Lord even in the face of the enemy, in faith that God will deliver us. Praise was their weapon that the enemy cannot overcome.

22And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
23For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.

When we ask for the Lord’s deliverance and continue to believe and praise Him for it, He will turn the situation around.

Back