Praise God!

Easter is certainly a special event. :)
Hey all.Easter is not truth though.Its simply not in the bible but a tradition made by man.

This is how our Lord Jesus Christ says we should remember him.

1corinthians 11:24-26
and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

The Passover is a far greater event, I agree. It marks the time when God passed over the Israelite households and put to death Egyptian first born children and animals. Which also looked forward to Christ's own sacrifice which allow us his children to be passed over (forgiven our sins) on the day of judgment.

Easter is a name given to a holiday that today represents the death and resurrection of Christ, but had ancient roots in pagan practices.

Hey..
The Passover is a far greater event, I agree. It marks the time when God passed over the Israelite households and put to death Egyptian first born children and animals. Which also looked forward to Christ's own sacrifice which allow us his children to be passed over (forgiven our sins) on the day of judgment.

Easter is a name given to a holiday that today represents the death and resurrection of Christ, but had ancient roots in pagan practices.
I wasn't referencing the passover event but what he instituted at the passover after the passover meal.Which is commonly referred to as communion.We are not to celebrate passover which is done away in Christ.

The same goes for easter.No matter what we say it represents it still should not be practised.As you have just now witnessed to the fact that its pagan I cant understand why you would think its ok to practice such a tradition?

Jesus distinctly says how we should remember him,nothing more nothing less.

Christ teaches us a great many things and left us many examples.

Communion is a topic leading to many questions. It is a worthwhile discussion all by itself. Christ performed this after the keeping the Passover meal shortly before he was put to death.

To me this stresses the importance of regular Bible study and the need to diligently prove all things in Christ so that we can hold fast that which is good.

Christ teaches us a great many things and left us many examples.

Communion is a topic leading to many questions. It is a worthwhile discussion all by itself. Christ performed this after the keeping the Passover meal shortly before he was put to death.

To me this stresses the importance of regular Bible study and the need to diligently prove all things in Christ so that we can hold fast that which is good.
Yes regular bible study is needed because we seem to follow many traditions which are not on the bible.

Back