Praise Him In Suffering

I have been disabled since 1975. If it hadn't been for Joni Earckson Tada's inspirational books, I'm not sure how I would have made it. Tell me if you've heard of hear of her. BTW, I do not suffer from paralysis.

I have been disabled since 1975. If it hadn't been for Joni Earckson Tada's inspirational books, I'm not sure how I would have made it. Tell me if you've heard of hear of her. BTW, I do not suffer from paralysis.
Welcome to CFS!! Hope you have a great time here.. And, if you have not done so as of yet please read CFS forum rules and getting started threads here
http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/your-welcome-pack.104/
And here
http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/getting-started-learn-how-to-use-your-account.101/

Hello, Penion. I have not heard of Joni Tada, but I welcome you to CFS anyway! Make yourself at home here.

The only time I have heard her speak was in Strange Fire conference. She did have an amazing testimony.. Lord has blessed her amazingly

Welcome!
I have heard of Joni and she is a great example and encouragement to others! Glad to have you here! Grace and peace be yours in abundance!

Welcome!
I've read Joni's book about her life. It is so encouraging! I am happy that it helped you :)

Welcome to CFS!

I'm sure you'll settle in quickly and make friends just as quick.
Should you have any questions during your stay here, please PM any staff member who would be happy to help.

No I haven't but I have heard her speak. From where did you try and download the file? This is the link:
http://www.abdicate.net/chronologyofman.pdf

I went to your website and it worked!
BTW, anyone who is suffering needs strength:

Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Psalm 18:32-34 the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Psalm 119:23 Even though princes sit plotting against me, your servant will meditate on your statutes.

Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Psalm 18:32-34 the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Psalm 119:23 Even though princes sit plotting against me, your servant will meditate on your statutes.

When I am in pain, it motivates me to pray. I know that I would like the pain to stop, but while I am hurting, I seek to identify with a tiny portion of the pain of Christ on the Cross. I'm not a Christian mystic, only a young son who loves to be in His father's embrace.

More scriptural strength for those weakened by physical challenges:

Are you struggling through a situation today and are grasping for answers? How should you respond? Respond with faith and not fear, knowing the promises of God and His mighty hand will hold you through any situation!
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Mark 10:52 And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
Matthew 21:21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith anddo not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.

Welcome Penion! Glad you're here!

Dear Friend,
Thank you for your gracious welcome. I'd like to share a short devotional message with you:

Through the centuries, some of God's servants have faced the possibility of an agonizing death unless they renounced their faith. They knew that God could deliver them, but they also knew that in keeping with His own purposes He might not answer their pleas for supernatural help.

In the book of Daniel, three young Hebrew captives faced a life-and-death choice: Worship the king's gold image or be thrown into the fiery furnace. Their response was unhesitating: "Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace." They added, "But if not, . . . we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up" (Daniel 3:17-18).

But if not! Those words challenge our allegiance. Suppose we face crippling disease. Suppose we are facing shameful disgrace. Suppose we are facing painful loss. We plead for God's intervention, yet in every threatening circumstance our plea should carry the proviso, "But if not!"

Is our attitude that of Jesus in Gethsemane? "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will" (Matthew 26:39).

Are we willing to endure whatever will glorify God and work out His holy purposes? —Vernon Grounds (Our Daily Bread, ca.1998)

They climbed the steep ascent of heaven
Through peril, toil, and pain:
O God, to us may grace be given
To follow in their train. —Heber

I like your message. I've had to choose between family and God's Word. I chose God's Word about cosigning a note. I became the black sheep of the family because of standing my ground. It was very difficult. My definition of integrity is doing the godly thing no matter the cost. Through the process, I had to dig in and learn what forgiveness is really about. It was truly liberating.
God Bless you!

I like your message. I've had to choose between family and God's Word. I chose God's Word about cosigning a note. I became the black sheep of the family because of standing my ground. It was very difficult. My definition of integrity is doing the godly thing no matter the cost. Through the process, I had to dig in and learn what forgiveness is really about. It was truly liberating.
God Bless you!

filarks,

Glad to hear from you! Yes, standing up for what is right can be costly. I admire your integrity; forgiveness can really be refreshing. What are some of the other threads you post to?

Back