Pray for marriage

Choose Life
I am truly sorry you are going through this. You are both still together after 30 years. That brings hope, and maybe some happy times to remember?

Perhaps counselling would help, if you are both in agreement.

Praying that you both will find a way to forgive, that would help tremendously. Prayers for you both to find peace in your hearts, and fill you both with love to enable understanding, forgiveness and communication.

Praying you feel the Lord with you, my dear friend and Sister in Christ.

Thankyou for praying. Its all peaceful for now.

So, I have a problem, people living in denial. I always confront it, BUT, not everyone is like me.
There's a thin line between living in peace, and thrashing it out.
I don't know which is best, but the msg I got from Biblestudy last night, is, 'let go, and let God'.
I know we say this 'bumpersticker' msg to each other, but I need to grasp the vastness of The Lord.
There is a bigger plan.
(We do still need to forgive each other though) ;)

So, I have a problem, people living in denial. I always confront it, BUT, not everyone is like me.
There's a thin line between living in peace, and thrashing it out.
I don't know which is best, but the msg I got from Biblestudy last night, is, 'let go, and let God'.
I know we say this 'bumpersticker' msg to each other, but I need to grasp the vastness of The Lord.
There is a bigger plan.
(We do still need to forgive each other though) ;)
Hi Choose Life... I am just seeing this thread now... Please know that I will also be praying for you.
Your words have touched my heart. I have life so easy by being single and not having to learn how to live with another's
short-comings.... I appreciate the absolute hard work and dedication that is required to keep a marriage alive and breathing.
God bless you as you work these things out. Let go and let GOD is truly the only answer to PEACE.

My heart goes out to you.
'Let go and let God' are big words. When God works, he works on us first because the answer is already there we just need to receive it. Really, we ourselves are the real problem. If we are standing correctly and the world is fall apart around us - but 'all is well'.
As it will one day as we are taking our last breath.
Trouble forgiving is human. If we could only see ourselves in the Light and then realize what Jesus Christ has done for us we wouldn't have an enemy.
30 years is along time, long enough to be habit forming. But habits can be broken. I've heard it said, do the mechanics and the dynamics will follow.
Words are cheap but scripture says that all things work together to the good for them that love the Lord. Of course we don't often know what the 'good' looks like - and it has to be that way because - that is the whole thing behind Faith.
We don't know each other but there is someone that does and I pray that He grants you grace.
Amen

My heart goes out to you. 'Let go and let God' are big words. When God works, he works on us first because the answer is already there we just need to receive it. Really, we ourselves are the real problem. If we are standing correctly and the world is fall apart around us - but 'all is well'. As it will one day as we are taking our last breath. Trouble forgiving is human. If we could only see ourselves in the Light and then realize what Jesus Christ has done for us we wouldn't have an enemy. 30 years is along time, long enough to be habit forming. But habits can be broken. I've heard it said, do the mechanics and the dynamics will follow. Words are cheap but scripture says that all things work together to the good for them that love the Lord. Of course we don't often know what the 'good' looks like - and it has to be that way because - that is the whole thing behind Faith. We don't know each other but there is someone that does and I pray that He grants you grace.
Amen

Hello 2404;

I read your encouraging post to Choose Life and I hope it encourages her and her husband.

I really don't know what to say,
brother. Your words ministered to me. My wife and I went through some extreme tough storms and felt noone could go through what we encountered. We couldn't get past some years of those personality habits.

Today we both agree that no matter how many years we've known each other or how long we've been married, we will never truly know each other in our lifetime. We kept the faith and God's grace did abound in us.

God bless you, brother and thank you for sharing a profound post.

Bob

Thank you Bob
Yes to think that there is coming a time when we shall know as we are known. No misunderstandings then.
1 John 3:2
but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
It is a glorious thought but I guess we will just have to wait and see how this will be.
God bless you too brother.

Back