Prayer of Thanks for those who helped me.

Over my years in Christ, there have been many people that the Lord used to encourage me as well as aid me in difficulties.

This thread is to acknowledge them and to publicly thank God for sending me to them and them to me.

The first entry is a whole Christian family that although did not lead me to Christ, they certainly nurtured me and challenged me and saw to my growth.

When I was in High school and a new Christian I sat down at a lunch time Bible study led by a young lady who encouraged me greatly. Her Fiance ran a Friday evening Bible Study at her house. . The Father in this family drove the bus on Sunday and was a very forthright and friendly man. Her mother headed up a team of Sunday School teachers for 4rth and 5th Graders. After a while of study she had me take on a group, and using prepared materials taught for many months. Her younger sister was likewise turning into a a Godly young lady.

So this was a dynamic Christian family and showed me as well as taught me much of what living for God was all about. They are still in my thoughts and prayers!

I would like to publicly praise and thank God for all they did for me!

Oh Lord!
I thank you for Charla, Steve, Charles, Doris and Donna!
Though we are separated in time and distance I know you have been with them throughout their lives. Let them continue to be an inspiration for my commitment to you.
I pray this in the name of Christ whom this family serves.

I plan a few more posts telling how God saw to my needs through His people around me. These are in public thanks to Him.
Feel free to post from you own life!

I had not intended this thread to be autobiographical, but in retrospect that is to be expected. I pray I am not being too self indulgent.

The next person I wish to thank the Lord for I was my fiance (for a while). She was a chaplains assistant when I was serving in the Air Force. My proposal was impulsive but I felt committed to the union. It was a relatively short time but it taught me many things about patience and trusting the Lord as well as my own short-comings. Eventually she chose someone else and I hope and trust they are doing well. They wished to express to everyone that knew us both that no one was treated badly so they asked me to photograph the wedding. That was a difficult task. I am confident that where ever she is she is still serving the Lord.

It's been 45 years since and I don't think of her often, but I find the experience has helped me know myself and has helped me as I try to help my adult son who has/is going thru the end of a relationship.

Lord,
I thank you for the time I had with your servant Denise. You taught me and are continually teaching me much through that relationship. I am confident that she and her husband continue to love and serve you and look forward to seeing them both in your kingdom. I pray with great gratitude, Amen.

Hello Siloam;

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt thanksgiving! This didn't come across as autobiographical or self-indulgent. It will help many of us who may also have thanksgiving in our hearts and wanting to express.

I believe the manner you displayed in your past relationship came from God and how He is using your experience to console your son.

God bless you and your family, brother.

I had planned on thanking God here for my wife.

I find that I am inadequate to the task. She has and continues to mean too much to me in ways that would mean little to others except those that have been blessed by their partner.

Instead, I will here thank God for Mrs Shell.

I only talked to her a couple of times before or after services but she invited the young lady to church who I would meet and would become my strength for the rest of my life.

One can discount little seeming acts, but when the Lord leverages such small things, great mountains can jump.

Lord,
I than you for your servant Mrs Shell. She may never have known how her ministry touched the lives of my self, my partner, and all those that our partnership touched. She was in here middle years then and is likely in your care. I ask that you continue to bless her and bring us together in your kingdom so I may thank her in person.

I pray this as a fellow believer in Christs name, Amen

After I received Christ, and since then, I have been blessed by many pastors and teachers who have worked tirelessly to edify their community. Their ministries have been essential to my growth and have fostered my personal growth in Christ and encouraged me in living and working for Him.

Here I would like to acknowledge two whose words and teachings still resonate.

The First being Pastor Ken D. who was pastor at my first church as a committed believer. In my mind I think of this as my milk church since they provided my initial spiritual nourishment.

I had many discussions with Pastor Ken, and He was generous with his time an attention. There were so many wonderful believers in that congregation (see my post #1 above), and I am sure that he is one reason that attracted and developed such a loving and committed group of believers. Pastor Ken taught putting in Christianity into action and encouraged personal, evangelism.

The second is Pastor Ray B. who gave me more advanced instruction in the time leading up to my retirement. Pastor Ray was one of the kindliest persons I have known. On Sundays, He taught a Sunday School class for early risers followed by a traditional style service followed by a contemporary style service. Not to mention a full schedule through the week. One thing he taught and demonstrated is that one can be doctrinally sound, and scripture based without preaching against believers with contrasting doctrine.

Father, I thank you for the ministries of your Pastors that you provided for the edification of your people.

I know that much of my knowledge of You and what commitment I have shown was fostered by your servants at the places I worshiped. I am particularly grateful for Pastor Ken and Pastor Ray whose teaching you continue to bring to my mind.

I Pray This in the Name of Your Son Jesus. Amen.

Back