prayers

smellycat

Account Closed
prayers

Jesus says ask in my name,so why do people pray for people who are saved.?i can understand un-saved needing prayers,but saved people doesn,t make any sense.

And Jesus did say…

Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Jesus prayed for believers… why shouldn’t we?

because you are not Jesus.:)

Aren't we supposed to try to be like Jesus? I don't know if there are any Bible passages that say this, but I always thought Jesus set an example that we should follow in everything.

Saved people have many difficulties and challenges in life, not just unsaved people, so I think we must pray for them. We can present anything to God in prayer:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." -Philippians 4:6
I think that's what that verse means; correct me if I'm wrong.

nope i don,t understand why a saved soul would want others to pray.to me this is weakening there bond and belief.i don,t understand.

just to give you another take on prayers,evil people who know they do evil and oppose God,get cured from your prayers.because whatever you ask in Jesus name will be given,so i say it again,why do people on here who are saved need prayers.?

With the literal translation, the word “pray” shows up 483 times in the Bible.
Praying is pretty important. If you don’t want to pray for saved people, that is your choice.
I’ll just stick with 1Th 5:25. Saved people asking other saved people to pray for them.
It’s in the Bible. If it was important for them… it’s important for me.

Back