Praying before a meal can land you in jail.

Praying before a meal can land you in jail.

Students, teachers and local pastors are protesting over a court case involving a northern Florida school principal and an athletic director who are facing criminal charges and up to six months in jail over their offer of a mealtime prayer.

Mr. Staver said the district also agreed to forbid senior class President Mary Allen from speaking at the school's May 30 graduation ceremony on the chance that the young woman, a known Christian, might say something religious.
"She was the first student body president in 33 years not allowed to speak," he said.

SOURCE: School prayer charges stir protests - Washington Times

In response, many members of the 300-plus-member student body taped crosses to their mortarboards and stood for an impromptu recitation of the Lord's Prayer during the ceremony.

YEAH!
41W-YQ1t65L__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Though I have to add I find it a bit notable that so many commenters there are calling out ACLU for being anti-Christian when I recall not just a few months ago they were being praised for boldy defending Christians in other lawsuits.

Just my opinion, but this is exactly what is majorly wrong and causing the problems facing our nation today. This is insane. when you can't bless your food without fearing to go to jail...well folks, it speaks for itself doesn't it?

I saw this on the news tonight. Not only could they face a fine of $5,000 and 5 years in jail, they could lose their retirement. All for saying grace?:eek:

We need to keep these gentlemen in our prayers.

Cheri

Though I have to add I find it a bit notable that so many commenters there are calling out ACLU for being anti-Christian when I recall not just a few months ago they were being praised for boldy defending Christians in other lawsuits.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the ACLJ ? :confused:

The ACLU doesn't defend Christians, only Muslim religions.

In fact, I think the ACLU actually breeds lions on the side, just in case they can ever bring that old Roman law back. :eek:

Back