Praying The Wife Home Safely

Please join me if you think of it, and pray for the safe return of my wife from Florida. She will depart Ft. Myers in the early morning (Southwest) and have a layover and plane change part way up. Lord Willing, she will arrive in Hartford after Lunch. I will be there to meet her.

Pray also that our reunion is sweet, and that she finds joy in being home with her family, anticipating the Blessing of the Lord as we share time together again, after a time apart.

Pray that I exercise the love and grace that comes from God, and show great wisdom in my words, and my actions; my emotions and my heart, as we work through a fairly rough spot in our 37 year marriage.

"Thanks" ahead of time for any moment or two you take, to lift up "Bette and Steve." I am very grateful for any "real" support in this way.

In Him,
-Soupy

Please join me if you think of it, and pray for the safe return of my wife from Florida. She will depart Ft. Myers in the early morning (Southwest) and have a layover and plane change part way up. Lord Willing, she will arrive in Hartford after Lunch. I will be there to meet her.

Pray also that our reunion is sweet, and that she finds joy in being home with her family, anticipating the Blessing of the Lord as we share time together again, after a time apart.

Pray that I exercise the love and grace that comes from God, and show great wisdom in my words, and my actions; my emotions and my heart, as we work through a fairly rough spot in our 37 year marriage.

"Thanks" ahead of time for any moment or two you take, to lift up "Bette and Steve." I am very grateful for any "real" support in this way.

In Him,
-Soupy

Father, thank You so much for loving Bette and Steve. Thank You that You are the foundation that they have built their marriage on. And thst because their marriage is built on the rock of Jesus.....it is a good thing, and is blessed. I pray a hedge of protection around Bette and the plane that she will be getting on, and thank You for bringing her safely to her husband who is joyfully awaiting his wonderful bride of 37 years. Thank You for supernaturally filling them both with peace and love and that neither one of them have any aught against the other. Thank You, Father for surrounding them both in Your presence and for giving Steve the wisdom to know how to speak and act towards his wonderful bride. Thank You Father for filling her with the peace that passes all of her understanding and the comfort and Joy that comes from You. Bless them Lord and draw them close to You and each other through this whole process. In Jesus Name, Amen

Father, thank You so much for loving Bette and Steve. Thank You that You are the foundation that they have built their marriage on. And thst because their marriage is built on the rock of Jesus.....it is a good thing, and is blessed. I pray a hedge of protection around Bette and the plane that she will be getting on, and thank You for bringing her safely to her husband who is joyfully awaiting his wonderful bride of 37 years. Thank You for supernaturally filling them both with peace and love and that neither one of them have any aught against the other. Thank You, Father for surrounding them both in Your presence and for giving Steve the wisdom to know how to speak and act towards his wonderful bride. Thank You Father for filling her with the peace that passes all of her understanding and the comfort and Joy that comes from You. Bless them Lord and draw them close to You and each other through this whole process. In Jesus Name, Amen

Thanks so much!

-Soupy

In Him,
-Soupy
The Lord will be with her and you :) Praise the Lord!

All your words and prayers, are definitely appreciated. I will be doing my best to cheer her heart when she arrives home, and giving her as much of the Love of God that I can, to help her through the rough spots.

After 37 years, I can attest to at least one thing.........."love" given in honesty and without expecting anything in return, is all that is asked of us, with our spouses. What they DO with that, is up to them.

In Him,
Soupy

Update: It's been four days or so now, since she came home. Her "spiritual perspective" is tolerant, rather than enthusiastic; but she has a foundation, so I hold out much hope that she will find her way back, with the help of the H.S., and with my gentle example. (Last thing I should do, is push).

In terms of the "us" of all this, we are doing well. Of course, I am never fully at ease, knowing that the confidence I once had, in her loyalty and devotion, was shaken. It would seem that all was well, and then she would do something 180 degrees different than I would have expected.

"Communication" without interrogation; "Love" without expected return; "Joy" without fake enthusiasm; "Hope" without wavering based on the past; "Confidence" in the Lord who has all things under His Control, even when the bottom falls out..........these and other things are necessary and right.

-Soupy

Update: It's been four days or so now, since she came home. Her "spiritual perspective" is tolerant, rather than enthusiastic; but she has a foundation, so I hold out much hope that she will find her way back, with the help of the H.S., and with my gentle example. (Last thing I should do, is push).

In terms of the "us" of all this, we are doing well. Of course, I am never fully at ease, knowing that the confidence I once had, in her loyalty and devotion, was shaken. It would seem that all was well, and then she would do something 180 degrees different than I would have expected.

"Communication" without interrogation; "Love" without expected return; "Joy" without fake enthusiasm; "Hope" without wavering based on the past; "Confidence" in the Lord who has all things under His Control, even when the bottom falls out..........these and other things are necessary and right.

-Soupy

Walking out 1 Corinthians 13:-7 and the beginning of vs. 8 is Love never fails! We are still praying for you and your wife and family.
Blessings

A good reminder; "thanks." She is still struggling with her own demons, as was attested to at dinner last night. Meanwhile, I remain faithful to her, to my promises to her before God, and diligent in the guarding of my words and actions, so that I can one day give an account to the Lord of faithfulness in spite of my own faults.

She talks about "finding her own voice," a lot, and that is certainly something that every one of us wants. As "believers," I would think that our "voice" should be that of Christ. Our actions, our words, our thoughts, ........they should be driven by the things of God. Of course we all fail in that regard. That's because "sin" is not absent, just subdued; brought under subjection.

As I look around us in our lives, I see many of the ways in which her "voice" has been heard and manifested into reality. We talked about that a bit. I think she sees the evidence of 37 years in many examples, showing how her "voice" was counted, considered, and acted upon in her favor. Of course "God" was included in those decisions and actions, at least MOST of the time. I can also see examples of our own selfish intent, apart from God. But I'm sure MOST of us can see those too.

I'm reading currently (once again) in Isaiah. I'm at Chapter eight at the moment. Apparently Isaiah was married to a Prophetess. I'll bet SHE had a "voice" to contend with!! Anyone know anything about Isaiah's wife? There's not much there, is there. She gave birth to at least two..........

-Soupy

Back