Praying

Praying

Hi guys.
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any books / websites or any advice on praying. I really dont know how to pray properly , from the heart.

Thanks guys.

Can I make a suggestion, hon?
You don't need a book to tell your heart how to fall in love or to feel happy, right?
Talk to God just like you would your best friend, or Dad!
There are no special words needed.
Sincerity is all that is needed.
He is your Father, your friend, and you can talk to him just like you talk to me or anyone else!:)

Thank you for your replies.

I have trouble with talking as it is.
Although, mostly in my head I talk to God more than anyone else, lol.

The best book I have read with regards to prayer is Understanding the purpose and power of Prayer by Myles Munroe. It realy showed me how to pray, why to pray and what power are in prayers. We have a lot of misconceptions when it comes to praying and this book realy changed that for me. You can find the book at BooksChristian at $9.95.

"Got on his knees ,folded his little hands , talked to Jesus like he was talking to freind'

From the words of a currently popular country song. Don't much more realy need to said about it.

The way to effectively pray in one word,
Sincerely.

Everything else is window dressing

Born2Love You, if I may make a reccomendation- the second most powerful book I have ever read (next to the bible) is on prayer- it contains more scripture than any other book I have ever read (next to the bible) and is breathed on by God's Holy Ghost- it ( by God's grace) can lead you into th faith of an apostle- I know that's alot to say about any book but it has impacted my life in ways I cannot describe- the book is called In His Presence by E W Kenyon and can be picked up on line at a very reasonable price- enjoy- your bother Larry

Hi guys.
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any books / websites or any advice on praying. I really dont know how to pray properly , from the heart.

Thanks guys.

Dear Born2LoveYou,

May God be with you!

Great name by the way! I have a book called, " The Ten Prayers God always Says Yes To." It's by Anthony DeStefano.

But I think it's important to understand the types of prayers.

Petition: These are prayers where you are asking for something. The Our Father is a bit of a petition since there are seven petitions in it.

Worship: This type of prayer is reserved for God alone and we should all give praise and worship to God everyday for all He does for us.

Meditative: Pick up Scripture and a particular passage, then prayerfully meditate on it and it's meaning for you.

Contemplative: Open yourself to God. In the silence, prayer is the fruit (Mother Teresa).

We so often just to petitions. But would you only have a one way conversation with your spouse? Your child? Your parents?

Let God speak to you.

Some of my best prayer time is in the car. I have my regular prayers and then I just open myself to God. To praise Him to be sure, but just to listen and BE with Him.

I am Catholic, so I start every prayer with the sign of the cross. I teach my children that when we visit family or friends we always exchange greetings first - even hugs. For me, the sign of the cross is my hello and hug to God as well as my acknowledgment that I am His.

God bless you!

Hi guys.

Thanks guys.

Matthew 6 ;)

I do not know books about praying, but if I got questions about my prayers, I always read that chapter, and an answer comes out of it.

My Weakest Link is prayer

I have devoted my life to serving Jesus Christ for many years. And yet my prayer life is not what it should be. For that reason, I will be going on an extended time of prayer and fasting. I will publish the results on a real-time day by day basis on a Bog I have been publishing for two-and-a-half years.

I know there is power when prayer is combined with fasting. I am expecting great and powerful works from God. But I really don't know how He will answer my prayer, eventhough, I have faith they will be answered. I will be starting my time of prayer and fasting, sometime in the first week of the new year.

If anyone wants to follow along and hopefully see God in action, click onto www.exposing-pseudo-christianity.org

Hi JCepc!

The LORD loves those who are truly devoted to serving Him. There are very few, but with these few He knows which ones He can place His trust. When we speak (Pray) to our Heavenly Father this a bond between Him and ourselves. He will give us what He knows we need and when we need it.
Even in the Garden Jesus was on His face and he said Father let Your will be done.
We are also told in Scripture (I'm sure you already know these verses) when we pray or fast do not do so for the world to notice, (paraphrase).
Praying is a deep level relationship with He that is Holy, respect the Redeemer and he will enrich your life with treasures you cannot measure.
May the LORD bless you and keep you always.

Prayer should be as natural as breathing. To pray without ceasing is simply to maintian an attitude of prayer throughout the day. To put it simply learn to talk to God. It doesn't have to be fancy- He knows what you need and what your problems are.
Father I love You, come be with me today. Help me to hear Your voice always. Thanks for always hearing. I am going to work now lets do it togeather. I am cleaning the house now won't You join me. I really love the way you paint the sky, wow thise flowers are awesome God. What do You think I should do next? I really love You amd I love to be with You. Let's go cheer up my friend.
Talking to God is simple, we try to make it complex. He created us to fellowship with Him so it is simply an extension of who we are to be with Him. The more time we spend with Him the more we know His heart they more our heart reflects His:

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

A book I'm currently reading about prayer is titled : PRAYER Finding the Heart's True Home, it's written by Richard j Foster.

Jesus taught them how to pray

Jesus told the disciples to pray the OUR FATHER or the LORD'S PRAYER --
I'll type it here by memory -- possibly not an exact quote here --

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom Come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine be the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever Amen.

P.S.

I suppose someone wanted an entire book to help them learn how to pray better.

There are many books on this subject. It is possible to put books on prayer or power of prayer on the search engine while online and you may get a number of books to read.

In my opinion there is still no better book than the Bible for learning anything of real lasting value.

Christian people taught me how to read the Word of God and apply in my life and my prayer life. When you read that God says he desires that evil people turn from their sins it helps you know how to pray for people walking in sin. When you read that God brings those things that are hidden into the light it helps you know how to pray when some things are hidden.

The best book is usually the one you should feed on every day.

God bless!!

Back