Precious Promises

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
2 Peter 1:4 NKJV
by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This will be a continuation of another thread(see it's promise).. https://christianforumsite.com/threads/jesus-is-interceding-for-you.63341/#post-575766
which gave me the idea of this thread.

Please feel free to add your own like the most famous promise of all..

John 3:16 NASB95
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
OR
one that comes to mind often..

Romans 5:10 NKJV
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Last edited:
This may come with an ouch, but in the end it is assuring..

Hebrews 12:5-6 NKJV
And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; [6] For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."

Psalm 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

This is a wonderful command with a wonderful promise attached to it 🙂 (the "key" to which is found, according to Spurgeon, in always chasing after the Lord, never after the things that we desire).
The secret to understanding that promise is to recognize that when we walk in the will of God, our desires and God's desires are one in the same.

God bless you

That brings to mind a true story about a blacksmith and his young son, who, in all ignorance, was about to do something that could have very serious consequences. Seeing the danger and being too far away, the boy's father threw his hammer at him. It hurt, but it kept him safe from harm.
I suppose that is one way of looking at this 'promise'...

Proverbs 29:17
Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul.

(being fulfilled in Heb 12:5-6)

Hello crossnote;

My prayer is Precious Promises will bless all those who read this thread, and instill the hope we have in God and His Word.

Proverbs 8:17, 17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. - ESV

When we love and seek God is the sign of wisdom. Wisdom brings us promises of God's riches and His unconditional love.

Love in Christ.
Bob

Joshua 1
8 This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.

Psalm 1
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;

And in whatever he does, he prospers.

--Papa Smurf
p.s. - here is another OT passage along the same lines that I have always loved as well :)

Deuteronomy 11
18 You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead.
19 You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.
20 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,
21 so that your days and the days of your sons may be multiplied on the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens remain above the earth.

John 14: 2-3 (NASB)

2 In My Father’s house are many rooms; if that were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will take you to Myself, so that where I am, there you also will be.

John 14: 2-3 (KJV)

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Philippians 4:19

19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

This is what I am currently waiting on.

I know I need to not worry so much but I cannot seem to help it but the joy in this verse is that He will come through and supply me with what is needed when it’s actually needed.* In His time. it also reminds me even though I’m not in control of what will happen I know at least I will have done my best and leave everything to Him to bring out the rest and as long as I do what I can the rest is up to Him. Amen.

Philippians 4:19

19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

This is what I am currently waiting on.

I know I need to not worry so much but I cannot seem to help it but the joy in this verse is that He will come through and supply me with what is needed when it’s actually needed.* In His time. it also reminds me even though I’m not in control of what will happen I know at least I will have done my best and leave everything to Him to bring out the rest and as long as I do what I can the rest is up to Him. Amen.
Romans 8:28-29
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Back