Priest disguises himself as a tramp to teach his own churchgoers a lesson

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
Very powerful message.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what would happen here if I did that?

the disgusted churchgoers did their best to ignore him as they filed past.

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, 'Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and "sinners"?' On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners'" (Matthew 9:10-13).

I have seen "Christians" walk by homeless people in front of their Churches. How far are they from Jesus's heart?

I really want to thank you Boanerges for posting this article.

On Sundays, after service, I read the pericopes for the following week and I pray that God will enlighten me as to what message people need to hear.

He always does, this week (Tomorrow) the message is on how we look at and think about the people who we see going into XXX bars, and the girls who work in them.

Here it is Saturday and the Lord has used you to place an even greater emphasis on His message.
This is exactly what I had planned to speak about tomorrow, my how our attitudes would change if we would just learn to walk in the other persons shoes more often.

Boanerges, I posted the sermon in another topic. I greatly respect your views and would really appreciate your opinion of it.

Awesome story;
You just gotta love a spiritual leader who can give their congregation a real-life concept lesson...That would be much too humiliating to ignore.:pray: Thank you Lord for Your mercies that are new every morning.

Back