Prophecy/End Times - Teachers & Resources

This is a topic I'm gaining a lot of interest in. Went through a Sunday School class last year that covered the book of Daniel.

For those who are learned in this area … or someone whose even just read one good book on this topic … who are the top 5 to 7 teachers in this area in your view point. Outside of the Bible what resources have you found useful?

I've googled and have come up with some interesting links … not to be lazy but if I can get a jump start by reading some quality teaching it will help me weed out the not so good stuff.

Would love to find a seminar on this where multiple speakers come in that may or may not have different views on it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello brother/sister, I'd wish i had something to help you along this topic and i must admit reading prophecy and trying to decode it, isn't my strong suit. but i do offer wisdom for you, i advise caution and recremend that you pray for God to give you understanding, i hope this somewhat helps you.

This is a topic I'm gaining a lot of interest in. Went through a Sunday School class last year that covered the book of Daniel.

For those who are learned in this area … or someone whose even just read one good book on this topic … who are the top 5 to 7 teachers in this area in your view point. Outside of the Bible what resources have you found useful?

I've googled and have come up with some interesting links … not to be lazy but if I can get a jump start by reading some quality teaching it will help me weed out the not so good stuff.

Would love to find a seminar on this where multiple speakers come in that may or may not have different views on it.

Thanks in advance.

Having been a student in this area for more years than I like to remember I would say that there are many excellent Bible scholars on this subject.

My 1st one to recommend to you is J. Dwight Pentecost and his book on this is "Things to Come".

My 2nd recommendation would be John F. Walvoord. and he produced “Armageddon, Oil and the Middle East Crisis” which is excellent.

Then I would say that Jack Van Impe would be an excellent choice as he was Known as the “Walking Bible”.

I would then say that I enjoy reading J. Vernon McGee. He has written more books that it is possible to list.

Then I would add Edward Hinson. He also has produced many, many books and is one of the chancellors at Liberty University.

Now, I am no expert in any way on this, however is you would like to ask a question I am sure that you can find the answer right here on this web site that would bless you.

Here is a link to an excellent web site that my be of help to you..........http://www.soundchristian.com/prophecy/who/

I enjoy this ministry of William Branham. When I was first introduced in 1985 I was quite sceptical because it was significantly different from my Baptist seminary training.
However, once I took a sincere look at it, I could see it lines up with scripture.
Most do not agree and that is fine but I believe it proper for everyone to make up their own mind.

I enjoy this ministry of William Branham. When I was first introduced in 1985 I was quite sceptical because it was significantly different from my Baptist seminary training.
However, once I took a sincere look at it, I could see it lines up with scripture.
Most do not agree and that is fine but I believe it proper for everyone to make up their own mind.

Of course you are free to make up your own mind. I would only suggest that the Bible be the one thing that supports your thinking. There are all kinds of teachers that will tickle your ears but be on very shallow ground.

Have you done any home work on William Branham?

If you have you will see that he is considered one of the most controversial revival preachers of the 20th century
He was not only a self-proclaimed prophet, but also claimed special discernment of Bible prophecy.

That fact alone should give you great concern as the Bible says in Acts 10:34 tells us that …...
"God is not a respecter of persons."

That means NO ONE has any special information that is not available everyone else in His written Word. IT also rules out anyone being a "Prophet" today. The completed Word of God ended the office of the Prophet.

Real history tells us that In early 1963 he preached a set of sermons which he declared a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy transpired.

He later stated the following events took place over a 7-day period in 1963:
1. Revelation 4, 5, and 10:1-7 were fulfilled;
2. The seven seals of Revelation were opened (not physically);
3. The times of the Gentiles ended;
4. The opportunity to be saved by grace ended;
5. The rapture and the Second Coming of Christ secretly occurred followed by Christ's image appearing in an Arizona cloud.

REAL history proves that he obviously had views that were completely incorrect and were distorted and riddled with errors.

My advice is that you investigate the proven Bible scholars that were posted for you which YOU ASKED for instead for accepting the teaching from someone who was so wrong and incorrect. But that is just me and you as you said have the right to chose what you want to believe.

Back