Proverbs For Today

Dusty

Inactive
Proverbs For Today

This is a living Bible translation.

Proverbs 20:24-25

Since the Lord is directing our steps why try to understand everything that happens along th way ?
It is foolish and rash to make a promise to the Lord before counting the cost.

Amen to that Dusty!

I remember when I first got saved . . . Being the super Christian that I was I was going to save the world! :cool:

I promised God all sorts of things, but when it came right down to keeping those promises . . . AAAAAHHHHHH! What did I get myself into? :eek:

I thank God every day for understanding my youth and releasing me from most of those promises. :)

Count the cost before making any promises. :shepherd:

:groupray:

I agree, I had all these plans for my life when I was saved. I immediately started telling God all that I was going to do for Him, the road that I had planned for myself and the lives I would save for Him.

Oh, was I wrong. God had other plans for me, other roads that I had to walk down, He had sacrifices that I had to make, pain I have to endure. None of which was on my list:D:D

But you know what, I would not trade any of it for nothing in the world. You are right, he orders our footsteps. If I had gone my own way, I don't believe I would be here today.

Back