Psalms 10

I was reading Psalms 10, comparing it to today's times and seeing so many parallels. I can relate so well to the first verse, wondering where God is, asking why He is standing so far off! So many times I have felt that feeling of having my prayers hit the floor instead of falling on God's ears. The wicked who openly defy God and continue to prosper is especially difficult for new Christians to understand. David cries for Divine justice for his people, but who is crying for that justice for the afflicted today? But God is still there...ever faithful, just as He was in David's time.

I was reading Psalms 10, comparing it to today's times and seeing so many parallels. I can relate so well to the first verse, wondering where God is, asking why He is standing so far off! So many times I have felt that feeling of having my prayers hit the floor instead of falling on God's ears. The wicked who openly defy God and continue to prosper is especially difficult for new Christians to understand. David cries for Divine justice for his people, but who is crying for that justice for the afflicted today? But God is still there...ever faithful, just as He was in David's time.

I can certainly relate to that my friend.

The Psalm certainly paints a graphic descrition of the wicked one who is the oppressor. It seems to me that the basis of his wickedness is found in verses 2 and 3 by the words pride and boasteth.
In my opinion, all the other offenses described in the Psalm have their root in those two emotions.

In PRIDE, one will persecute the poor. These poor are that way in spirit who Jesus mentions in the Sermon on the Mount in Mt. 5:3. Then there is HE THAT BOASTETH OF HIS HEART"S DESIRE, giving vocal expression to the great greed of his soul..."God is not in all of his thoughts" (vs.4).

The description is of a self-opinionated person whose own thoughts are more important than God's will. This person does not believe that God will intervene in behalf of the righteous who are oppressed and harmed by his actions and does not see the error of his ways.

Althrough history there were many oppressors in David's life(IMO the writer of the Psalm #10) to whom these verses can be applied to, but it is hard to escape the conclusion that these verses also describe prophetically the coming anti-christ who through deceit and pride by boasting will try to overcome the whole world. That maybe why you and me are asking why God has not delivered the righteous in the days that we now live.

Very good point and question.
The true Lord God expect from the believers/clerics namely to show as possible as more: Goodness, Compassion, Mercy, and Charity to all (the) needy/afflicted human-beings, and this is very easy and simply by the "prayer and fasting".

Isaiah 1:15-17 "And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood(ie your minds and acts of/in the faith are evil/bad). Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well(ie Good(-ness)); seek judgment(ie seek the Universal/Overall Good/Weal for all), relieve(ie Correct) the oppressed, judge the fatherless(ie be enough Good to the non-believers), plead for the widow(ie Care too/as well for the problematic(-al) believers).",

Isaiah 1:21-23 "How is the faithful city(ie the faith/clergy/church) become an harlot(ie iniquity)! it was full of judgment(ie of Righteousness/Goodness); righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers(terminators/destroyers). Thy silver(ie conscience) is become dross, thy wine(ie spirit) mixed with water(ie with impurity/uncleanness): Thy princes are rebellious(ie blasphemers), and companions of thieves(ie of self-interested/avaricious): every one loveth gifts(ie self-interests), and followeth after rewards(ie self-seeking): they judge not the fatherless(ie they do not Save enough the non-believers), neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them(ie also they do not Care enough for the problematic(-al) believers)."

Back