Pulling Down Strongholds

A stronghold is just that, anything that has a strong hold upon us. I would like to discuss using the mighty weapons that Jesus has given His people to overcome obstacles, hang-ups and habits.
Our world is hurting and needs a bona-fide demonstration of the power of God to able to have the faith that will be necessary to be delivered, set free and to be able to live a life pleasing to Him.
2 Corinthians 10:4-5
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
4 (for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
good post ..

NASB
2Cr 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

wow .. we see a lot of that today ..

1Cr 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness before God. For it is written, “He is THE ONE WHO CATCHES THE WISE IN THEIR CRAFTINESS”;

2 Corinthians 10:4
4 (for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

NASB
2Cr 10:4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

how is this for a mighty-divine weapon ???

Exd 4:12 “Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say.”

Luk 12:12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

We should remind our adversary (old slew foot) when he come a knockin'
That he was defeated by the shed blood of Jesus Christ and by His death at Calvary !!

Ephesians 6:11-18
King James Version (KJV)
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

The Lord gave us each a free will but, the devil's job is to tempt us to make bad choices and fall into sin. In many cases people can become enslaved......Drugs, alcohol, gambling, sexual immorality, materialism, glutony, violence etc.....
Not every sin is necessarily a spirit, but if a person continues to entertain certain spirits, they will come into him and take him captive.
I have seen some unfortunate things over the years such as professing Christians living in torment because they are clinically depressed and don't want to be. They believing they should have "joy" and happiness in their life.
It seems like so many sincere believers are left on the pew to accept this as their "lot in life"
I am glad that there is a God (Jesus Christ) who is a great deliverer !! There is hope..... This is spiritual, NOT chemical.
Jesus will give you joy unspeakable and full of glory !!

Back