Pure of heart

Pure of heart

Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart! For they shall see God.

Php 4:8 Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things arepure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things.

This is how we develop a pure heart, sure is difficult though!

I have a different view. I Pastor once told me we get longsuffering by suffering long. On the surface it seemed right but I felt as if I heard God whispering in my spirit this- Longsuffering is a fruit of the Spirit and is manifest as we abide in the Vine.
God has placed a new man inside of us, this spirit man is pure of heart:
1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
As far as our thinking we are told to think on things of good report, transformed by the renewing of our mind and to be renewed in the spirit (or life force) of our mind.
This mind, will emotions,intellect or soul is what Jesus came to save. We are renewed as our thoughts line up with the Word of God by the power of His Spirit which again is accomplished as we abide in this heavenly Vine:
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

It can certainly seem hard to surrender and let His Spirit lead us in life but that for the most part is a deception of the flesh (at least it is in my case). Things I have struggled with that seemed so impossible to let go of and be free from seem unimportant when I view them in my rear view mirror. In my thoughts it seemed impossible but in reality all things are possible with God. If things seem to difficult we may find that we are pulling ahead of or lagging behind the Master as His yoke is easy and His burden light.
Apologies for rambling- these are just some of my experiences and I know each one of our walks is unique. Thanks for getting me thinking!
Much love in Christ, brother Larry.

Surrendering to the Holy Spirit is a long hard battle (in my case). God teaches me things, one step at a time.

Got Mathew chapter 5 on my heart at the moment.

So much to strive for. Jesus was all of these.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a mountain. And when He had sat down, His disciples came to Him.
Mat 5:2 And He opened His mouth and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn! For they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek! For they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness! For they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful! For they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart! For they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers! For they shall be called the sons of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they who have been persecuted for righteousness sake! For theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for your reward in Heaven is great. For so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

:cool: As I said all our walks are different. I used to struggle a lot more know I surrender as fast as possible- it seems to work best for me. Jesus walked in total submission to and then only at the leading of the Holy Spirit according to the Father's will. He did nothing in His own strength- all I can do is follow. As I abide in Him ( the Vine) His life flows in and through me and brings much change.
Anyway I have a great love for you in Jesus Name and I will be praying for you.

How do you surrender? Completely. I am trying so hard to surrender totally. But then my rebellious side sets in and I figure I can handle things on my own.

Thanks Bo,

wasnt disagreeing with you, just rambling on in my own way.

Interesting about the "poor in spirit" statement. Jesus never had a heart of pride, he never thought he was above anybody. As God, he chose to walk the dusty streets, go hungry, sit in the blazing sun, eat in small homes, get down and really speak to people on a one to one basis. Walked amongst people where they could actually touch him, no body gaurds, no entourage, just declaring the kingdom of God. When He rose from the dead, he took his earthly body with him. holes and all.

Such humility, such sacrifice. such Love!

Thanks Bo,

wasnt disagreeing with you, just rambling on in my own way.

Interesting about the "poor in spirit" statement. Jesus never had a heart of pride, he never thought he was above anybody. As God, he chose to walk the dusty streets, go hungry, sit in the blazing sun, eat in small homes, get down and really speak to people on a one to one basis. Walked amongst people where they could actually touch him, no body gaurds, no entourage, just declaring the kingdom of God. When He rose from the dead, he took his earthly body with him. holes and all.

Such humility, such sacrifice. such Love!
I understand and I am in total agreement with you Kevin. Jesus left heavens throne and humbled Himself to be a servant of all out of His great love for us.

How do you surrender? Completely. I am trying so hard to surrender totally. But then my rebellious side sets in and I figure I can handle things on my own.
We all have the flesh to deal with but with God all things are possible. We fill ourselves with His Word and saturate ourselves in His presence. as we fix our heart and mind ion Him we are changed and earthly things have less pull. I may be bold in saying this but I believe at least most sin is the result of a heart yearning to be filled but left empty. There is only one who can truly fill and fulfill our souls and that is Jesus Christ Himself.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
The more we see Jesus the more we are changed into His image.
This thread has been an immense help to me and I like to go back and read it whenever I find myself struggling in my own strength:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/general-discussions/10249-powerful-life-changing.html

Much love in Christ, your b(r)other Larry.

We all have the flesh to deal with but with God all things are possible. We fill ourselves with His Word and saturate ourselves in His presence. as we fix our heart and mind ion Him we are changed and earthly things have less pull. I may be bold in saying this but I believe at least most sin is the result of a heart yearning to be filled but left empty. There is only one who can truly fill and fulfill our souls and that is Jesus Christ Himself.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
The more we see Jesus the more we are changed into His image.
This thread has been an immense help to me and I like to go back and read it whenever I find myself struggling in my own strength:
http://www.christianforumsite.com/general-discussions/10249-powerful-life-changing.html

Much love in Christ, your b(r)other Larry.

Thanks Bo. Your words mean a lot.
I can't even struggle in my own strength. All I do is fail.

Thanks Bo. Your words mean a lot.

Thanks for your kind words my brother

I can't even struggle in my own strength. All I do is fail.

Join the club- I am a charter member of the I cannot do it myself club.:eek:

our walks are very diffrent,my lust is starting to disappear,and seems unimportant,and very strange that i was there.things take time to get straight.there will be people who will be scared off by satan.by many things .

Back