Question About God

I've recently encountered somebody that asked me this question, and although I think I know the answer, I would like to see what everybody thinks...

I know alot of people who live life without really acknowledging God. They certainly don't deny that there is a God, and they certainly don't acknowledge the presence of God. The concept of God just really isn't a part of their everyday lives. Now let's say they say they believe in God, but never do anything (such as pray, go to church..etc) to show that.

Ultimately, what is the end result of these people? I know it comes down to between "you and God" but I am just interested to see what feedback you have to offer.

Thanks!

Well,

Praying, going to church, etc...doesn't grant Salvation: being 'saved' from the separation from God for eternity in what we refer to as Hell. Faith in Jesus Christ and what He did DOES grant salvation.

A person that truly believes in God will be made visible by their 'fruits'; not that 'works' save anyone, but a saved person finds joy in serving God and in becomes evident in their life.

Can you be 'saved' and do nothing in this life for God? It is a question that has been debated many times over. I think it is possible-but not likely. Even the thief on the cross made a profession with his mouth on the cross next to Christ-but was not able to DO anything. Yet Christ told the thief he would join Him in paradise.

I've recently encountered somebody that asked me this question, and although I think I know the answer, I would like to see what everybody thinks...

I know alot of people who live life without really acknowledging God. They certainly don't deny that there is a God, and they certainly don't acknowledge the presence of God. The concept of God just really isn't a part of their everyday lives. Now let's say they say they believe in God, but never do anything (such as pray, go to church..etc) to show that.

Ultimately, what is the end result of these people? I know it comes down to between "you and God" but I am just interested to see what feedback you have to offer.

Thanks!

Fact 1: The Holy Spirit is daily trying to reach out to all and reveal Jesus (God in the flesh) to us.

Fact 2: Nobody truly believes there is no 'creator God' unless they are a fool Rom 1:20 and Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Fact 3: God draws near to us if we draw near to Him James 4:8.

Fact 4: We draw near to Him by following scripture like Psalm 51:17, Matt 16:24, Rom 12:9

Fact 5: God is not a fool He knows our hearts and minds intent Jer 17:10.

Fact 6: If we are sincerely after God's heart we have an undeniable encounter with the Holy Spirit who reveals Jesus as Lord to us 1 Cor 12:3 and Matt 16:16-17.

Fact 7: In the end .... God will separate lambs and wolves! All those who don't want to be with God will not be in heaven with Him but in hell.

Facts about hell are 1. It's eternal Matt 25:46, 2. It is punishment by God (banishment from heaven was the first consequence of satans and Adam's sin) and 3. It will involve suffering (Not even God could escape that on the cross).

It is quite an eye opener when you repeat in your mind the reality that wolves will live with wolves and lambs with lambs for all eternity. Just think about that. Wolves with wolves. Imagine a world where the shop owner, teacher, neighbor, girlfriend are all full of pride, hatred, jealousy, envy, strife etc etc. I think this concept is an effective means of catching the attention of people we know are living in unrepentant sin.

Once again, the thief on the cross died under the Law, before the resurrection.
The resurrection proved the righteousness of the Lord Jesus:
The outpouring of the Holy Spirit was proof that the blood sacrifice was accepted.

Brother Villa, what about the thief's confession?

He was a thief: scriptures do not testify that he was blind or deaf. He must have seen the works of the Lord; or heard about the works of the Lord...even as we did before coming to the cross, but had previously done nothing about it...like us! (Please don't tell me I use too many !!!!!: I likie them, so what!!!!!!!)
If the thief was a Jew, he knew that a sinner or an outlaw could not do the works that Jesus did: and now Jesus was crucufied right next to him!

The thief died under the Law.

Now let's say they say they believe in God, but never do anything (such as pray, go to church..etc) to show that.

When we look to the Bible for answers, the quality of the questions we ask has an effect on how we interpret what we read. Better questions produce more faithful results. I've personally found that if I read the Bible asking "What are the minimum requirements that I have to do to ensure my place in heaven," I get less satisfying answers than when I ask the question, "How can my relationship with God be restored?"

God is interested in restoring our relationship with Him, and in having us experience His real, transforming power in our lives. Whether a person is experiencing God's power will be evidenced by changes in the way they choose to live their lives.

The Bible uses an analogy in James 2:15-16. To paraphrase it, say you meet a person who doesn't have food or clothes. You can tell him, "Here's a blessing for you: be warm and fed!" You can really feel like you want him to be warm and fed. But the evidence of your compassion is in whether or not you actually do something to feed and clothe him.

Belief is similar. I can tell God I believe Him. I can feel like I believe in Him... but real belief produces real evidence.

So instead of "what happens to people who believe in God but don't do anything to show it," a better quality question might be, "If a person's relationship with God is being restored, and they are experiencing His transforming power, what kind of evidence should we be able to see in their life?"

No one can be saved with their own works, we all KNOW that. So the real question is not whether a person is nice, good to the children, never drinks nor smokes, nor commits adultery or fornication, etc.
The real question is: has that person heard the gospel.
Please: no nit-picking...and I hope the question that began this post is only hypothetical
Scenarios:
1) The person has heard: so, what has he done with the gospel? Run with it, or run from it?
2) The person has never heard the gospel. Shame on the "church" or "christians" around him.

I heard about Jesus since early in my childhood; but never the gospel. Had I heard, a multitude of sins might have been covered. I have no excuses, the Lord knows. But that's the catch for everyone on this forum: will we tell people about the gospel; or will we "...show forth the praises of that called you out of darkness and unto his marvelous light"?

Thanks!
True believing in God is believing in God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Being saved (or certain that one if free from condemnation by God and will be with God for all eternity), is not only believing in the existence of God, but believing that Jesus came to earth, lived in the form of a man who was perfect and without sin and never sinned, took the sins of humankind upon himself (took the penalty of your sins upon himself which only Jesus was able to do because he was perfect), died on the cross to pay the penalty for those sins, and rose from the dead to God's right hand because he was perfect (even though all sin was placed upon him it had no hold on him for he never sinned). Salvation life begins in believing and confessing these truths to be reality and submitting oneself to this life (which is Christ).

" because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved" (Romans 10:9-10).

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Salvation is a gift from God. It cannot be acquired by anything anyone does.

"This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 33"Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear (Acts 2:32-33).

13In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Those who are sealed with the Holy Spirit have the truth of God within them. The Spirit will speak God's truth to that believer who every moment chooses whether to believe that truth and live by it or reject that truth. Living by the life in the truth of God will cause a believer to do works because they are compelled by God's voice to do his will. The works did not save and could not save the person. God saved the person and then that person does works because they love God's love and see that love in the words that God speaks to them. Do you have this life within you?

Thanks!
I think simply acknowledging God is different from knowing him personally as Lord and Savior.. Because when someone just says he or she knows God, what G(g)od do they know? Do they know the true and living God or some god? It is not just acknowledging that there is god, it is believing in the true God..

I think another poster hit the nail.. It is all about relationship, which should be evident in our lives..

When people tell me that - depending on how open I feel they are to a different opinion - will depend on if I will say anything or not.

If I feel they are open to conversation I just point out that -
Even Satan and the demons know about God - but that doesn't mean they are going to live eternity in Heaven.

For myself -
when I have studied the Bible more - I have found that Satan quotes scripture to Jesus, demons acknowledge Jesus is the Son of God, they obey and respect His authority ...
Yet by God's Grace, God still loves me and accepts me with all of my imperfections.

Important Note -
(What is the greatest commandment?)
To Love God with all of your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul.
The second is to love your neighbor as yourself.
Jesus then expands on that and says we need to love others as Christ Loves us.
(In Mark - Jesus said to the man who knew the greatest commandment that he was close.)

Those who do not have love - have nothing.

Also You can ask the person if it is their knowledge of 'knowing' who Jesus/God equates to us 'knowing' who Billy Graham or Obama is?
Remember people who healed in the name of Jesus, cast out demons in the name of Jesus, and healed the sick in the name of Jesus will be told to leave, because Jesus never knew them.
Also when Jesus sent out the disciples out two by two - Judas did all of those things. Judas also went to the last supper with Jesus, (but then left). Judas betrayed Jesus. Judas knew who Jesus was, he did the work Jesus did, yet Jesus says it is better that he was never born.
So who's opinion really matters mine, yours or the final judge?

(FOR MYSELF OR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS - please note - when those scriptures really 'HIT' me, I then questioned my life, and where I was going. Now I am confident with where I am going, because I know that I know that my Jesus knows I try to love Him. We are not all doomed, yes we fall short, but with God's grace, He sees our heart and what our intentions are in the mist of our struggles.)

I know what I said is kind of deep, and not everyone wants to hear that, or be responsible for the truth.
That is why I said I try to be sensitive to how they are feeling, because Jesus never forced His points of views on anyone.
Jesus did accept us all as we are.

(If other's want to post the scriptures that match up with what I said please feel free to. I lost track of the time, and need to go ... lol)

When people tell me that - depending on how open I feel they are to a different opinion - will depend on if I will say anything or not.

If I feel they are open to conversation I just point out that -
(a) Even Satan and the demons know about God - but that doesn't mean they are going to live eternity in Heaven.

For myself -
when I have studied the Bible more - I have found that Satan quotes scripture to Jesus, demons acknowledge Jesus is the Son of God, they obey and respect His authority ...
(b) Yet by God's Grace, God still loves me and accepts me with all of my imperfections.

Also You can ask the person if it is their knowledge of 'knowing' who Jesus/God equates to us 'knowing' who Billy Graham or Obama is?
(c) Remember people who healed in the name of Jesus, cast out demons in the name of Jesus, and healed the sick in the name of Jesus will be told to leave, because Jesus never knew them.
(d) Also when Jesus sent out the disciples out two by two - Judas did all of those things. Judas also went to the last supper with Jesus, (but then left). Judas betrayed Jesus. Judas knew who Jesus was, he did the work Jesus did, yet Jesus says it is better that he was never born.
So who's opinion really matters mine, yours or the final judge?

(FOR MYSELF OR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS - please note - when those scriptures really 'HIT' me, I then questioned my life, and where I was going. Now I am confident with where I am going, because I know that I know that my Jesus knows I try to love Him. We are not all doomed, yes we fall short, but with God's grace, He sees our heart and what our intentions are in the mist of our struggles.)

I know what I said is kind of deep, and not everyone wants to hear that, or be responsible for the truth.
That is why I said I try to be sensitive to how they are feeling, because Jesus never forced His points of views on anyone.
Jesus did accept us all as we are.

(If other's want to post the scriptures that match up with what I said please feel free to. I lost track of the time, and need to go ... lol)

(a)
100% Right;

(b) Beloved, God does not have His eyes on the believers' imperfections: He eyes are set on us crossing the finish line;

(c) This who healed, cast out demons, or preached were not known by the Lord. WHY? They were not known in the same manner that Adam knew his wife. Adam and Eve were intimate; those who healed, etc., were not intimate with the Lord. They knew his NAME and used it, but did not have His NAME in them;

Judas, who betrayed Jesus, received the same authority and power as the other disciples: but he was chosen to betray Jesus because he would not be saved, in spite of having received all the benefits.

Beloved, we cannot fall short of His grace: it is immeasurable. We do fall short of His glory (the glory that was in the Law), and have sinned; but "...where sin abounds, grace does much more abound."
Beloved, thank you for being sensitive to our feelings.

Back