Question about the AntiChrist

Matthew 24:23-5 (NLT)
“Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.
That is just the scrupture that came ot my mind HMS! Emphasis on the if possible.

Yeah.

I mean, look around. Even today there's bad people out there who identify themselves as Christian.

Better yet...they elevate themselves..."true" Christians, some of them say.

I was just pointing out that the deceiver is going to be crafty, even to the point where a Christian might begin to follow.

:eek:

Look at it like this- you are only responsible for your own walk. If you love Jesus , if you cling to Him by faith no matter what then you will not be deceived- His sheep know His voice and another they will not follow. This will allow you the opportunity to be a light in the darkness.
I could call myself a car but in reality I would still be a human. What you are refering to is simply the seperating of the wheat from the tares.

Also - I dislike people who try to claim they know who the AntiChrist is.

It says that wisdom is needed to understand who the AntiChrist is, and that his number is 666 (six hundred threescore six). So, I find it hard to believe that such and such is the AntiChrist just because someone had a dream about him.

john is a very trustworthy man.you must be on the wrong site.:confused:

What do you mean?
I wasn't talking about the Apostle/Prophet John - I was talking about people who say (example)
"Barack Obama is the AntiChrist - I know it because I had a dream about him."
That's what I meant,
NOT John. :)

as Kevin said, there are many Christians who do not believe in a rapture at all... in fact, no one believed in a dual coming of Christ until the late 1800's... so if the church got along with out any "rapture" doctrine for nearly 2000 years, I can get along without it very well today..... in fact, I find it hard to believe that all Christianity missed this rapture doctrine until Darby, Scofield and others came up with this doctrine, which eventually came to be known as Dispensational Pre-Millennialism. Anyways, today, to deny the rapture is so shocking to most Christians that if someone denies it, they almost immediately think that person is a heretic or something!!! LOL!!! But its not a matter of disbelieving Christ's return, all Christians believe in this, but not all Christians believe Christ will return,partially..... then leave, then return again... only to have Satan released again after a thousand years, and then have Jesus reinstate His reign yet again!!! Dispensational Pre-Millennialism (which is the theology behind the Left Behind series, has never made sense to me. But this fictional series has come across as if Dispensational Premil is the only eschatology there is within the church, and has popularized the belief more so than Dallas Theological Seminary, and all the other bible schools that teach this eschatological theory combined.

So this to say that the idea that the number of the beast is going to be a microchip or bar code or something like that might not be true at all. Some believe that the number represented Caesar's name and that the majority of the prophecies spoken of in Revelation took place in 70 AD when Rome sacked Jerusalem and erected a pagan symbol in the temple.

" 5. What's the "Mark of the Beast"? Isn't it at all curious to you that for the first time in human history -- with microchips, retinal scanners, a growing one-world economy -- that the technology exists to make the "Mark of the Beast" a reality?
(1) It is no more a literal mark than the mark of the Lamb in the next few verses (14:1).
(2) Such a mark is a metaphor for dominion and control. In Rev 13 no one may buy or sell without the mark.
(3) The beast who imposes it has divine pretensions, forcing his worship on the world (13:4, 8). This speaks of emperor worship by Nero Caesar.
(4) This very OT oriented book is using the mark on the right hand and forehead as a negative reflection on God's requiring his Law on his people (Dt 6:8).
(5) Any present day mark goes against John's time-frame (near), relevance (persecuted churches), and theme (judgment of Israel)."
(BEAST FAQ)

see also

Free Online Books @ PreteristArchive.com, The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterism and Preterist Eschatology

The Forerunner Forum for more

lastly I am not advocating any particular eschatology simply because my own mind is not made up yet. I just think it is important that Christians realize that Dispensational Premil is not the only option on the block, and further, maybe we ought to be very careful in making one's eschatology a test for orthodoxy, eg to immediately think that anyone's Christianity that denies the rapture is automatically suspect. A person can indeed still be a saved Christian and not believe in a literal thousand year reign, a literal number/code being implanted in the forehead or right hand, in denying a pretrib, midtrib pr posttrib rapture etc etc. As far as I know, salvation is by grace through faith, and is not based on one's eschatology.

blessings,
Ken

My personal belief on this topic is this.

Jesus is coming again to judge the world, all the world, everybody who ever lived on this planet.

I am prepared for the tribulation but if Jesus takes us away before the tribulation, well all Praise goes to Him.

Rather be prepared for the worst so if we are still here when it happens we will not be disillusioned.

Prophetic books have many different interpretations but only one truth. I believe that we will only recognise the fulfillment of these prophecies when they actually start to occur. Pray for God to show us the signs clearly as they begin to unravel so we can be prepared to try and save as many people as possible before it is too late.

It seems that all here expect a second coming of Christ. Once this happens it will make a universal paradigm shift in all of us. Some expect a secret coming and a third and forth coming as well. Some of us expect the second coming to be as Peter described with no further comings. The second coming will change all of this and we will finally all be on the same page.

Larry II

the second coming will be very bad to the people who are not taken first.good people will repent easily,only evil will go down.:)

Whoa, guys, this topic is going way off-topic. Any more insight onto what I had originally asked (which is on the first page), please do so.

I believe Revelation, and I'm not worried if you don't either. But, threads that go off topic usually end up confused, jumbled, etc.

Thank you. :)

Okay, so, I was thinking for a while, what will happen when we (or some people) won't accept the mark? Will they kill us, or just something else? I haven't read Revalation in a while, I need too, lol. Also, will the AntiChrist destroy Bibles/churches (either one, or both)? I kind of think they will remove Bibles and Churches from society, lol...but I'm not exactly sure.

This was my original question.
I'm still a bit confused on the Churches/Bible part...

Thank you, smelly cat. I don't think they'll be doing any beheading for that matter - we have better technology - but I'm not going into that, it's a bit to graphic.

you only have better technology from God,if any country falls away,the chop is significant.usa is like the romans,the kingdom fell when they left good.

Possibly a third-world country would do it - they would probably get even MORE third-world when the AntiChrist comes into power. Of course he's going to be the "false messiah" for some people - but that doesn't mean he's going to be nice forever. One-World Government may sound nice to some people - but it's a lot like dictatorship - you have to "do what your are told". Disobeying their laws means death or the other, not sure which other, xD.

Also, I also have this mental image that when the one-world government arises - the Army will be totally different. They'll probably be the ones killing people if you don't agree to receive the mark or worship the beast, but I'm going to move this into another thread, 'kay? So we can talk there. :)

Back