Question + Prayer Request

I don't really understand why, but I finally feel like I'm actually saved, and that God loves me. It took me so long to get here it seems, but really it was about a year or so and then a few months of me cracking down and really figuring out what it meant to be a true Christian. As well as listening to all of you and reading the word. Not just verses, but chapter bu chapter.

I believe it has to do with me ministering and praying for others. I find myslef praying for people before myself lately and I truly feel like God is answering those prayers. I've seen it happen before my very own eyes. I am so haooy what God has been doing in others lives as well as my own.

Question: did you feel saved right away or did it take some time?

Now the Lord hasn't given me riches. He hasn't given me a plethora of friends. However, he has given me inner peace and a sense of love that I have never felt. Even on my loneliest days, I feel surrounded by his presence. The only problem, is my ED. I am still struggling with it terribly. I have come to the conclusion that if I had never had this, I may have not depended on God the way I do now. I believe that God has taught me humility through this, but it's time to move on. I understand I have an addiction and I don't know how to get rid of it. For reasons I would rather not explain, I cannot get into treatment and I refuse to go into treatment I am doing other avenues for treatment but I'm not going to do the traditional treatment center. So I just ask that you guys continue to pray for me to overcome this. I know that God will heal me, I guess I'm just trying to understand why its not happening sooner. Thank you.

You know I am praying for you Sis.....

With understanding and wisdom comes peace, serving and working for the Lord bears fruit. Prayer and compassion are fruits of the Lord. Grow Sister.....GROW!

Sometimes the Lord allows or gives affliction; maybe you still need it? It's hard to view things from a God perspective stuck in this flesh. Like our Pastor says- "If something is rubbing you the wrong way; turn the cat around" (The essence of repentance)

What about a gluten free or diabetic diet?

Be blessed-stay in the way of faith. Be ware-put on your armor everyday because you WILL be attacked. It's not an option. Ephesians 6:10-18

You are a commissioned soldier of God now it appears....

I don't really understand why, but I finally feel like I'm actually saved, and that God loves me. It took me so long to get here it seems, but really it was about a year or so and then a few months of me cracking down and really figuring out what it meant to be a true Christian. As well as listening to all of you and reading the word. Not just verses, but chapter bu chapter.

Question: did you feel saved right away or did it take some time?

The verse that came to my mind when I read that part was:

Proverbs 11:25 - "The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed" Proverbs 11:25

I was born into a Christian family that went to church/sunday school and it wasn't until I was 17 that I got baptized and began to be a bit more aware of where God was leading me and working with in my life. It was something gradual for me but I did have to deal with putting away my childish thoughts/actions and the Lord helped me along the way. I still deal with temptations from time to time but his grace give me a way out each time.

Sorry I cannot answer your question directly but like DRS said, the Lord has his way and sometimes uses an affliction to draw us closer to him. Jeremiah 29:11 confirms this...

Am praying!!

One more thing I thought I'd add in. God's kingdom works on the principle of sowing and reaping - Galations 6:7-8
Pray about it and plant a sacrificial seed of faith wherever the Lord leads you to do so, but ask him about it first including the amount. If you still feel you need to it with faith and ask him to heal you and deliver you from your ED.

One can argue about it but it WORKS!! - When you have a need, plant a seed - Ps Oral Roberts

God Bless

Now there is a difference between being Saved and begin Sanctified. Being saved is something that happens at a point in time, as where Sanctification is a lifelong process after being Saved. My guess is your process of Sanctification is just beginning and thorns of the flesh are part of that process sorry to say.

It’s through our struggles and trials that we keep the Faith and fight the good fight. Then once we are Sanctified through His Good Grace we hear the words we so long to hear; “Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant”.

Now there is a difference between being Saved and begin Sanctified. Being saved is something that happens at a point in time, as where Sanctification is a lifelong process after being Saved. My guess is your process of Sanctification is just beginning and thorns of the flesh are part of that process sorry to say.

It’s through our struggles and trials that we keep the Faith and fight the good fight. Then once we are Sanctified through His Good Grace we hear the words we so long to hear; “Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant”.

Bless you Donato...you just made my day.

The only problem, is my ED. I am still struggling with it terribly. I have come to the conclusion that if I had never had this, I may have not depended on God the way I do now. I believe that God has taught me humility through this, but it's time to move on.

As I have repeatedly discovered in my own life, God's timing and ours are usually quite different. I'm almost always ready to "move on" long before He is when He is dealing in an area of my life. :) I am slowly learning to trust His timing and submit to His program. And it has only taken me a lifetime to get to this point.:D

As I have repeatedly discovered in my own life, God's timing and ours are usually quite different. I'm almost always ready to "move on" long before He is when He is dealing in an area of my life. :) I am slowly learning to trust His timing and submit to His program. And it has only taken me a lifetime to get to this point.:D
What if I feel like dying?

What if I feel like dying?

Why? Because of frustration? Because of shame? Because you think that if you can't have victory over this, you won't have victory over anything? Here's a little something to chew on: God is using you (right now, in the present!) to bring glory to Himself and to build up the Church despite your weakness and struggles. He will continue to do so if you don't give up.

Many are the days when I tell God, "I can't do this. I can't fix everything that needs fixing. I can't be who You want me to be." Those and other similar sentiments. And His answer to me? "It's not all up to you."

Im happy you feel loved by God and feel His presence... I know God loves me b/c of His word (what it says) I know it mentally..but I haven't felt it in my heart .. and you can feel His presence... shoot If you can do that you don't need riches or bundles of friends..you have what most of the world is searching for..but find in the wrong things. Anwho, don't get discourage by your ED ... God will deliver you from your afflictions..it's just on His own time . My pastor has dealt w/ chromes disease for the for almost 10 years and recently started having seizures.... but last weekend the Lord touched her legs and is now healed, Sometimes God does it instantly or the healing could be gradual. For her its gradual, but I know she's healed b/c she , well, she can walk.... she went in the hospital in a wheelchair and when God touched she was walking out ...even the doctor's said it was a miracle... b/c her organs were slowly shutting down ...one by one...but God intervened and healed her. So, just keep positive..and God will heal you soon enough.. Just focus on Him.

For the question; Umm , I don't remember much of my feelings ...but i do know that Im saved b/c I see the fruit that Im bearing... and I believe jesus is God died, rose on the 3rd died ..you know the rest XD ...even when my heart condemns me, and it does at tiimes, I know Im saved b/c of my fruit. An apple tree won't grow oranges and an orange tree won't grow apples... I know ,now, Im a sheep :)

Why? Because of frustration? Because of shame? Because you think that if you can't have victory over this, you won't have victory over anything? Here's a little something to chew on: God is using you (right now, in the present!) to bring glory to Himself and to build up the Church despite your weakness and struggles. He will continue to do so if you don't give up.

Many are the days when I tell God, "I can't do this. I can't fix everything that needs fixing. I can't be who You want me to be." Those and other similar sentiments. And His answer to me? "It's not all up to you."

Because it has taken over my life.

Back