question

smellycat

Account Closed
question

if a serial killer asks for forgiveness,from Jesus,he is saved,but if he carries on killing would he still be saved.?or could this never happen?

Michael,

If you were to come to my house. And set your wallet on the table.

If I were to take $20.00 out of it, and not tell you.

Later, If I put $100.00 back into your wallet, because I felt guilty and wanted to make up for what I had done.

Would you call that "confession?"

Now,.... What if after stealing the $20.00 from you, I felt "TRUE" repentance.

And I came to you, with the $20 .00 to replace what I had taken or not, but If I said to you...
"I am TRULY sorry for what I have done. Please forgive me."

What I am saying is that "Asking Jesus for forgiveness" is not the same thing as true repentance.

Jesus does provide absolution for those of us who truly repent of our sins, but only if we trust in Him, and not try to "FIX" things without him.

Someone who is truly repentant, would confess, and sin no more.

...Does that help?

Good to hear,and i know we sometimes slip etc but we change our ways.Jesus talks of being dead twice,i imagine this is what he means,going back to a state worse than you started.

i know we sometimes slip etc but we change our ways

I think you made a great point right there Michael.

WE, change OUR ways.

If I were to try to slip some extra money into your wallet, to "atone" for my own sin, and hopefully, by my own actions, somehow make the sin as though it had never really happened....

I would probably fall back into my old ways before long.

But when God places repentance in our hearts, be it theft, or murder, or whatever.... and I confess my sins. (With my true heart, and not with my actions.)

Then true repentance has taken place.
It isn't what we do, it is what He has done for us.

When I was young I belonged to a church that taught that you could sin..go to church,...receive forgiveness,..then go out and do it again.

I always wondered what people thought would happen to them if they died on a Sunday morning just prior to service? Having a weeks worth of sins piled up?

True repentance, is understanding in your own heart that what you have done has offended God. That sin is not what we should do as representatives of Jesus Christ.

When that happens, He has given us the power not to fall into that trap again. that is absolution.

I'm not saying that a person might not stumble and fall again, but I am saying that they will turn to Christ, and not to themselves when they do.

i was just showing the distinction ,if you murder on wendsday and confess on sunday.how do you improve,and how do you follow God and his son.

Hatred jesus said is just as bad as murder in His eyes hey if we cant love peoople who we can see how can we love God whom we cant see if you keep getting told you are no good and all your capable of sinning everyday by believers because it gives them an excuse to live in sin im talking about pastors who is to blame we all must give an account before God it all boils down to who we believe either Gods testomny about His Son or peoples beliefe about there private interpratation Gods word is truth what is true gospel teaching that wich is taught by Gods Holy Spirit and produces true repentance and fruits of repentance etc answer me this plerase if you can in Christ Jesus there is no sin but if you are taught all you can do is sin even as a believer what will yiou produce sons of hell

there is a proper way to sttle disputes but that is only for those who are truly courage enough to confront the individual with thier slanderous accusations there are laws in place to protect people against outright lies you know but i commit my ways to God He is love and my times are in His hands i thought this was a christian site

i thought this was a christian site
Was something said that would lead you to believe otherwise?

people can also murder with thier tounges so tell me wich is worse and by whos spirit are you speaking
In the eyes of man, or rather individual societies, there is a communal distinction with regard to the severity of "sin."

Hatred jesus said is just as bad as murder in His eyes
Agreed.
For example, very few would disagree with the statement that stealing a candy bar from a store is not as severe as murdering an innocent human being. (In the eyes of man.)

However, in the eyes of God, it only takes one sin, regardless of mans law, to keep one seperated from God.

God will not even behold sin in any degree.
Habakkuk 1:13
The kingdom of God is absolutely righteous, and has no place for sin of any kind.

answer me this plerase if you can in Christ Jesus there is no sin but if you are taught all you can do is sin even as a believer what will yiou produce sons of hell
I think I did a poor job of making my comment.
I am sorry if I offended you.
What I was attempting to express was the fact that man tries to atone for his own sin.

We can correct what we have done wrong, we can "make things right" with our neighbor, sometimes that even requires going to jail in order to pay our "Debt to society"
Or it may be as simple as an apology.
And that is what we are commanded to do.

But the sin still remains.
Just because "WE" do something that makes everyone feel better, does not erase the original sin.

Christ paid that price, and not us.

Therefore, we can stand in the presence of Almighty God, in Christ's Righteousness, which is perfect.

And not in our own, which has been sinful.

Peace. :)

His deeds reject the very notion of his salvation. The belief is that if the serial killer was saved, he would repent from evil. If he continues, he is nothing more than a liar, plus a killer

wounded in post 1, our brother Smellycat asked
"if a serial killer asks for forgiveness,from Jesus,he is saved,but if he carries on killing would he still be saved.?or could this never happen?"

we answered that if he repents, yet continues to kill people and sin then he is a liar and he never really repented. and he never was born again to begin with.
we're not talking about anyone in particular. just an example brother.
God bless you

oK THANKS FOR CLEARING THINGS WITH ME THE REASON I REACTED WAS I HAD A PASTOR THE SAME ONE THAT CALLED ME A MISSFIT SIT THERE TALKING TO ME ABOUT THINGS AND I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHERE HE WAS COMING FROM OR GOING TO WITH SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME BROTHER MICHEAL IM REALY MIXED UP AT THE MOMENT I WISH I COULD TELL YOU ALL MORE BUT IT WOULD TAKE ME MONTHS TO DO SO jESUS IS lORDAND I LOVE hIM SO

Back