Question

Question

So, I started this in my introduction, and I'm going to continue it here. I have many questions. This is just the beginning.

In Genesis 1:26 God seems to be plural. Then in 27, it's back to singular. This wouldn't be such a throw off if it had explained who "us" is, or used it like that prior to just tossing it in there like that. It's like you're reading and it's going smooth and then suddenly that stands out like, "what?" I don't see an explanation in the Bible, if anyone can help me with a biblical answer I'd appreciate it. My mom said that God was referring to himself in the perspective of the trinity, or whatever you want to call it. Someone else said he was talking to Jesus. The Bible says neither, is this just a mistranslation, or am I missing something here?

Well, is he speaking of Jesus?
Jesus wasn't born yet but he did exist.
I'm not sure and maybe someone else will have a better answer.

Well, technically God could get away with talking to himself if he felt the need to, but I'm not sure that's what was going on. I just want to know if I missed something here.

God is triune- He manifests Himself as the Father, as the Son and as the Holy Spirit- as you read and study you will see this woven all thru the scripture- He is one God but has three parts.
If I may be so bold as to make a recomendation- I always found it is necessary to get an understatnding of the New Testament to see the Old in it's proper perspective-
and perhaps one more suggestion- Jesus Christ Himeself told us that the Holy Spirit would be our teacher- if you are born again you have access to Him and when you read the scripture it is quite appropriate to ask this wonderful Person to help you to understand what you are reading- I generally pray and ask Him to " help me understand what You are saying to me and how to apply it to my life"- you could find this immensely helpful- the pharasees were the religious crowd in the day of Jesus's earth walk- they took the scriptures and made them into bondage and death while Jesus by the Spirit brought life and freedom to all with those very same Words for as the scripture declares:
2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Indeed a head knowledge only approach will birth dead religion, cultism and/or many other aborigions- the scripture is a spiritual thing and needs to be spiritually discerned- Head knowledge is excellent and to be sought after but only when illumend by God will it yield any eternal fruit in your life- many blessings- brother Larry

I know I speak for everyone here when I say it would be a pleasure to asist in any possible way Aaron !:D many blessings on your day- Larry

See, what mine says, is "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, an dlet them rule over ther fish of the sea..."

Then 27, "So God created man in his own image..."

The way my Bible words that is in 26 God is speaking to someone else, and then in 27 it's just back to God alone.

Back