Question

Thank you. I just don't want to be bitter or jealous or disappointed or struggle with sinful behavior or be displeasing. I hate that it's hard to be content. My soul just needs to hush! Focus on God.

I have a little different take. We are to be His witnesses. A witness is one that shares his life experience in ways that emphasize God's work in and through our lives. When we share a joy, it is an invitation for the person we are talking to vicariously experience some of the joy (or pain) in our lives. Yes, it must be done with sensitivity. And should not be done to one-up each other. And a good relationship will cover many facets, but I enjoy hearing about good times my friends have and hope they enjoy hearing about mine. I am getting older. I can no longer do many things I could in the past. As I have posted before, I lost my bladder a few years back, and while many ostomates travel extensively, I am a little leery about flying or taking a long bus ride, etc. But I still like hearing about the adventurous activities of people I know. During times of introspection I have noticed that a lot of my posts are drawn from my experiences. It is not a focus on myself, it is sharing God's working with others.

Hello TransformedinChrist;

I feel you answered your own question. When we focus on God He leads us what to say at that time and moment amongst our closest family, friends, acquaintances and those we meet for the first time. If we read carefully Siloam's post there is wisdom in what he shared.

God bless you, sister, and your daughters.

I listened to a great sermon today. I was very blessed. Adversities are important key events and experiences to draw closer to God and trust Him. Over abundance can be just as dangerous. We can forget God in these circumstances and be pulled into the world. We are so prone be sin, temptation and waywardness. Philippians 4:11-13 it is important to be content and not allow emotions or circumstances dictate our lives. We all have different states but the approach remains the same. Be content in Christ - I can do all things thru Him. I have to live inwardly not outwardly. Contentment is through experience, over time. I will get there. I am greatly encouraged today through God's Word. You know - there will be a time that this won't be the way.

I tend to observe outward things, if the sun is shining, it can be a good day I can do things, if its wet, I can't go outside without being soaked and complain a little. But these things shouldn't matter to me. I could be calm through a storm like Jesus was and take a nap.

I do enjoy hearing about people who were able to go to a concert and enjoy it even if I didn't or couldn't go. I'd be like next time take me. If thats what they wanted to share. I don't feel like it's bragging or malicious that they want to tell me of all the exciting things they do. I'm sure when the men landed on the moon, people might have said wow what was it like rather than...be a downer on them and think stink *I'll* never get to go! Not everyone can go to the moon right.

I dont know if NASA or the US went to the moon specifically in order to brag and say they went there. Did they?

Theres the whole 'I conquered Mt Everest' thing with Edmund Hilary in NZ when, actually many sherpas probably had already made it to the top but they don't go round publicising it all the time. If you really wanted to climb a mountain you could - Sir Ed simply said he did it cos it was there. Some people are into that! Even if he went to the top, (I believe he did) he had to come down again right?

I do enjoy hearing about people who were able to go to a concert and enjoy it even if I didn't or couldn't go. I'd be like next time take me. If thats what they wanted to share. I don't feel like it's bragging or malicious that they want to tell me of all the exciting things they do. I'm sure when the men landed on the moon, people might have said wow what was it like rather than...be a downer on them and think stink *I'll* never get to go! Not everyone can go to the moon right.

I dont know if NASA or the US went to the moon specifically in order to brag and say they went there. Did they?

Theres the whole 'I conquered Mt Everest' thing with Edmund Hilary in NZ when, actually many sherpas probably had already made it to the top but they don't go round publicising it all the time. If you really wanted to climb a mountain you could - Sir Ed simply said he did it cos it was there. Some people are into that! Even if he went to the top, (I believe he did) he had to come down again right?
Like I said most people prefer to be able to connect. If you're always talking about yourself and everything you do. It gets boring fast. There IS no connection. If you meet people that travel as much as you and share everything that you are doing every other week of travel plans, site seeing etc without having any cares financially - great have at it! ;) i feel it's insensitive and it's worldly. We are suppose to find joy and contentment IN Him.

Thats only if you are travelling and meet fellow travellers.
But generally, they would have that in common.
People that stay at home often talk about home stuff, like housework and gardening. I think others find that boring, but I find gardening fascinating.

I gave my boss a four page email on all the things I was doing in the library and she complained, YET she said I HAD to go to her for everything about the library and all the changes to clear it with her. lol. She's not a librarian and doesn't care. I sent the four page email anyway haha

If you want to be rude, you can just say I DONT CARE about your travels. It doesn't matter to me what you do or where you go. I want to talk about what *I* do, and then go into great endless detail about your ailments.... ;)

Back