Question

Question

I am really confused right now.

Okay, so what IS the 1,000 year reign? Will Jesus be here (on Earth) when He reigns for a thousand years? Or will we be in Heaven or the New Kingdom...? I got confused because when I read things on the Second Coming, they talk about all nations/leaders/cultures/peoples will come to Him, etc.

But, will we be here when this happens, and is this the thousand year reign, or something else?

I am really confused right now.

Okay, so what IS the 1,000 year reign? Will Jesus be here (on Earth) when He reigns for a thousand years? Or will we be in Heaven or the New Kingdom...? I got confused because when I read things on the Second Coming, they talk about all nations/leaders/cultures/peoples will come to Him, etc.

But, will we be here when this happens, and is this the thousand year reign, or something else?

You sound so much like me when I first got on this site. I wanted to know all the answers and found out I could get them by just asking questions. This is a good one and since I am pretty new at this also, I will pray someone a little more seasoned will come up with a site to help you.

But, it is my understanding that the 1000-yr reign will be here on earth, after the Christians are taken from the earth. We will return to earth with Jesus and reign here for 1000 years.

Now, I don't really understand yet, why this happens because I just want to stay in Heaven, but I guess it is necessary for those who did not go during the tribulation. I'd better stop here and hope someone else intervenes. Perhaps someone will share a site that will explain it all.

You sound so much like me when I first got on this site. I wanted to know all the answers and found out I could get them by just asking questions. This is a good one and since I am pretty new at this also, I will pray someone a little more seasoned will come up with a site to help you.

But, it is my understanding that the 1000-yr reign will be here on earth, after the Christians are taken from the earth. We will return to earth with Jesus and reign here for 1000 years.

Now, I don't really understand yet, why this happens because I just want to stay in Heaven, but I guess it is necessary for those who did not go during the tribulation. I'd better stop here and hope someone else intervenes. Perhaps someone will share a site that will explain it all.

Yeah, I thought it was a good one too.

Personally, I'm not EXACTLY sure, I believe we may be brought back down, I don't really know for sure. I have to read up again and continuing studying.

I ran into an unxepected comment and I realized maybe I need help with this. I run into people who like to impress one with their worldly words of wisdom and I think because of my mind set, at that time, they got me.

"GOD created us in 6 days and on the 7th HE rested. So if a day is like a 1000 years did it take HIM 6000 years to make us?" :confused:

I ran into an unxepected comment and I realized maybe I need help with this. I run into people who like to impress one with their worldly words of wisdom and I think because of my mind set, at that time, they got me.

"GOD created us in 6 days and on the 7th HE rested. So if a day is like a 1000 years did it take HIM 6000 years to make us?" :confused:

I believe it was 6 literal 24 hour days,

Genesis 1:1-31
"1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day
6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."

This statement may not be the most popular you will ever read but here it goes:
All the things many try to figure out in Revelations are certainly interesting but nobody has all the answers and nobody has it all right. If we as Christians would focus on building our realtionship with God, evangelism and personal growth in our walk we would have no need to worry.

All the things many try to figure out in Revelations are certainly interesting but nobody has all the answers and nobody has it all right. If we as Christians would focus on building our realtionship with God, evangelism and personal growth in our walk we would have no need to worry.

There is a lot of wisdom in what you are saying here Boanerges. I think of the Pharisees who had such strong ideas of what the prophesies were "supposed" to mean and how to live out God's commandments. Unfortunately, they seemed to have placed so much emphasis on what they had figured out was God's truth, that when Jesus came, they couldn't accept Him. To this day, there are Jews who cannot accept that Jesus fulfilled the prophesies concerning Messiah, because He didn't fulfill them in the way that was expected.

Eschatology is a fascinating subject, and one that we should study, but it's important to keep a very open mind, and not get locked into thinking that there is only one way that the prophesies can be fulfilled.

Freedom, I liked the link you provided, as it gives a fair explanation of the differing interpretations. I tend to lean towards the Amillennial view myself, but I do keep an open mind.

The Lord's Day, which is 1000 years, is a time of teaching here on earth [Rev. 20:6]. The purpose is to teach all of those billions of people that have lived and died from the time of Christ to the end of this flesh dispensation, including many of those alive at Christ's return, who never had a fair opportunity to know Christ and fair opportunity to choose whether or not to accept Him. This includes all of those folks in other religions -- Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, innocently-duped christians, etc.

That is why Judgment is postponed until the end of the Lord's Day. It is also why Satan and hell are not done away with immediately upon the return of Christ. God still needs Satan to be loosed at the end of the Lord's Day [Rev. 20:3] to test the souls of those taught during that dispensation of time. No one makes it to 'Heaven' [the eternity] without overcoming Satan.

There is no such thing as a 'rapture' of the church. Christ is coming here to close out the flesh dispensation of time.

Thank you.

Chaplain, you said, "GOD created us in 6 days and on the 7th HE rested. So if a day is like a 1000 years did it take HIM 6000 years to make us?" :confused:

Born2LoveYou, you said, "I believe it was 6 literal 24 hour days..."

These are good points and I don't want to go into it on this thread, but if you switch to the thread "Is Creation a Tabu Subject", I have included some information there that might be helpful or will generate some discussion - if you are interested in exploring the subject. I always believed it was a 24 hour day because that was what I was taught. But what we have to look at is, what does the Bible say. Too often we either rely on what our denomination tells us or what we "feel". The fact is that there is a lot to look at in Scripture and it isn't always as easy or clear as it seems at first glance. In 2Peter3, speaking about creation, Peter emphatically states that we have to keep in mind that 1 day is as a 1,000. The question is, are we going to ignore that because we have a preference that is not necessarily biblical or are we going to deal with it and develop sound doctrine? Please go to the other site and state your case. I want to hear it and I am sure that others do too.

As for the 1,000 years reign, that is also something that we have to deal with. My thinking is that if it is in the Bible, it is worth studying. As Handy said, Amillenialism (the view that there is no millenium, but that we are currently living in the millenium - a view held by the Catholic Church and many of the Church Fathers), is one interpretation. I am not sure, but maybe someone else can shed some light on this, but I think that this is where the Kingdom Now emphasis is strongest. If I understand it right, they believe that we have been placed on the earth as Christians to influence our culture and have such a strong impact that when civilization is sufficiently saturated with Christian values, Christ will return.

Those that believe in the Millenial Reing of Christ on Earth, believe that after the marriage supper of the Lamb the Saints will return to earth and govern. On the earth there will be those who were still alive after the Tribulation and, since the devil will be bound for those 1,000 years, they will live under the reign of Christ and the Saints. Unfortunately, not everyone believes and when Satan is freed after the 1,000 years, many will follow him. One thing to keep in mind is that God will create a New Jerusalem for the Believers and that when we were created, we were created for the earth. And after all, aren't we also a part of the heavens?

A cluster of texts speak about a millennium (eg Rv.20:5,7). Revelation is pretty symbolic – some would say “symbolic” but not "pretty"! My own eschatology has morphed over some decades.

I would look at what messages are told about this zone & immediately thereafter. Then I would take “1,000” as symbolic – the number of completion, 10, cubed – and wonder whether the picture of events being tied up is a poetic way of telling us that whether or not God’s designed a special time after Jesus’ return, these kind of issues will not be left undone.

Thus, assuming no post-parousia timeslot, mankind & the universe will see clearly that sin is so endemic in man that far from there being millennium conversions, those who refused God throughout history before Jesus returned died set in their rejection, truly aligned to Satan. Even witnessing a divine reign they would return to their true allegiance. This would not mean they were not sociable & considerate in this life – like the dragon shot by Hercules, deposited goodness can take time to truly die off even when the poison is in the veins.

For a number of reasons I don’t think that even if a literal millennium is yet to be, that that would be a first opportunity for all from the dawn of humanity who have never heard the Christian message. It’s an interesting idea though, and I do hold that none will be eternally lost who have not had a fair chance of eternal life.

AMEN!

Below is a link of different interpretations on what may take place. I have done some studies on this topic and I could tell you what I believe takes place, but then again this is what I feel in my heart.
I have other links to this topic if you are interested NTG.
Bible teachings on future things Biblical views on the end times. Believersweb.org

Oh, thank you for sharing that site with us, freedom! It was such a concise explanation of the Second Coming and Tribulation. I will print it out and use it for my Bible studies with my new Christian friends.

Hi everyone-

If I may, I'd like to share some insights, having studied and taught on the subject as God has lead me to for many years.

First- There is a Rapture that will happen, Early church Leaders never called it "Rapture", but a "calling up", "catching up", "catching away", "snatching", etc.These Early Church Leaders of the first 4 centuries of the Church age, used the Scripture references of most I wil share but not all, too many. But, by reading the diverse groups, you will see where Christ will come unseen by the unsaved first, to call the Church to bring His Bride to Heaven.

Second- These are different events, for Christ never reaches the earth in one, but comes back to earth in the other. The Rapture happens before the Tribulation, for there are a multitude of Scriptures where God speaks thru several apostles, we are not appointed unto wrath, but to miss it.

Third- Jesus does come bodily back to earth and brings His Church- (Bride) with Him when He arrives at earth, destroys thse against Him and sets up His 1,000 year reign in which the Church and those saved and reborn during the 7 year Trib. Period also live and reign with Christ here on earth.

Rapture Scriptures-

John 14:1-3, Rom. 8:19, I Cor. 1:7-8, 15:51-53, 16:22, Philip. 3:20-21, 4:5, Colos. 3:4, I Thess. 1:10, 2:19, 4:3-18, 5:9, 23, II Thess. 2:1, I Tim. 4:1,8, Titus 2:13, Heb. 9:28, Jms. 5:7-9, I Pet. 1:7,13, 5:4, I Jhn. 2:28-3:2, Jude 21, Rev. 2:25, 3:10.

Jesus' bodily return to earth-

Dan. 2:44-45, 7:9-14, 12:1-3, Zech. 12:10, 14:1-15, Matt. 13:41, 24:15-31, 26:64, Mrk. 13:14-27, 14:62, Lk. 21:25-28, Acts 1:9-11, 3:19-21, I Thess. 3:13, II Thess. 1:6-10, 2:8, I Pet. 4:12-13, II Pet. 3:1-14, Jude, 14-15, Rev. 1:7, 19:11-20:6, 22:7,12,20

who is wrath mean't for? Rom. 1:18-32.

Who will miss the wrath- (Trib. Period) of God?

Rom. 5:8-9, Ephes. 5:6, col. 3:6, I Thess. 1:10, 5:9-10.

Now, I don't know all details, but only that which God has taught me so far from His word.

God Bless!!

Hi everyone-

If I may, I'd like to share some insights, having studied and taught on the subject as God has lead me to for many years.

First- There is a Rapture that will happen, Early church Leaders never called it "Rapture", but a "calling up", "catching up", "catching away", "snatching", etc.These Early Church Leaders of the first 4 centuries of the Church age, used the Scripture references of most I wil share but not all, too many. But, by reading the diverse groups, you will see where Christ will come unseen by the unsaved first, to call the Church to bring His Bride to Heaven.

Second- These are different events, for Christ never reaches the earth in one, but comes back to earth in the other. The Rapture happens before the Tribulation, for there are a multitude of Scriptures where God speaks thru several apostles, we are not appointed unto wrath, but to miss it.

Third- Jesus does come bodily back to earth and brings His Church- (Bride) with Him when He arrives at earth, destroys thse against Him and sets up His 1,000 year reign in which the Church and those saved and reborn during the 7 year Trib. Period also live and reign with Christ here on earth.

Rapture Scriptures-

John 14:1-3, Rom. 8:19, I Cor. 1:7-8, 15:51-53, 16:22, Philip. 3:20-21, 4:5, Colos. 3:4, I Thess. 1:10, 2:19, 4:3-18, 5:9, 23, II Thess. 2:1, I Tim. 4:1,8, Titus 2:13, Heb. 9:28, Jms. 5:7-9, I Pet. 1:7,13, 5:4, I Jhn. 2:28-3:2, Jude 21, Rev. 2:25, 3:10.

Jesus' bodily return to earth-

Dan. 2:44-45, 7:9-14, 12:1-3, Zech. 12:10, 14:1-15, Matt. 13:41, 24:15-31, 26:64, Mrk. 13:14-27, 14:62, Lk. 21:25-28, Acts 1:9-11, 3:19-21, I Thess. 3:13, II Thess. 1:6-10, 2:8, I Pet. 4:12-13, II Pet. 3:1-14, Jude, 14-15, Rev. 1:7, 19:11-20:6, 22:7,12,20

who is wrath mean't for? Rom. 1:18-32.

Who will miss the wrath- (Trib. Period) of God?

Rom. 5:8-9, Ephes. 5:6, col. 3:6, I Thess. 1:10, 5:9-10.

Now, I don't know all details, but only that which God has taught me so far from His word.

God Bless!!

I checked a number of your scripture references, and it seems to me that Rapture is read into Scripture, instead of out of it. I can't see Rapture in these passages, and the "Catching up" that the ECFs spoke of would probably be better represented by Michalangelo's work The Last Judgment. Show me a passage where it is specifically and undeniably proclaimed that Christians will be taken up to Heaven before the Final Judgment.

Maybe instead of trying to burst-our-brains on when the "Catching Away" or [Rapture] of the Church is going to be - how about we wait and see, eh? ;)

Maybe instead of trying to burst-our-brains on when the "Catching Away" or [Rapture] of the Church is going to be - how about we wait and see, eh? ;)

How can Christians ever hope to be one Church again if we leave these issues unresolved. People who claim to base their teaching off of Scripture in fact use Scripture to support their teachings. As Shakespeare said in The Merchant of Venice:

In religion, what damned error but some sober brow will bless it and approve it with a text, hiding the grossness with fair ornament?

Scripture can be used to support any number of absurd ideas. In my opinion, Rapture is but one of them.

Back