questions for Hebrews?

questions for Hebrews?

Hi everyone. I am taking a class called Hebrews at Bible school, and we have read Hebrews 16 times and come up with 96 questions (6 for each time you read it). Does anyone have any questions on Hebrews? Thanks for your input:)

I would appreciate questions ASAP, as this assignment is due in less than 24 hours! Thanks again!

Hebrews

I always have lots of questions. The biggest one is the mystry of Melchisedec, King of Salem. Does anyone know who he really is? Was it a made up person. I think it says something about him being a type of Christ.

If there is something about the tithe in Hebrews (I don't have time to look it up), I'd like to know where you are supposed to tithe. Everyone seems to tithe to a church. But, what if you don't have one? Can you tithe to something like Ex-Mormons for Christ? It says Abraham gave a tenth part of all to this Melchisedec.

Hopefully you will try to answer these questions. I know they are for an assignment, but I really have them. Thanx

I may be wrong but as far as I can see you are asking us to do your homework and to help you cheat on your studies at Bible School.
If that is the case I urge you to examine your heart and I urge other members to stop helping you cheat.
If I have read your question wrongly then I apologise.

Hi everyone. I am taking a class called Hebrews at Bible school, and we have read Hebrews 16 times and come up with 96 questions (6 for each time you read it). Does anyone have any questions on Hebrews? Thanks for your input:)

I would appreciate questions ASAP, as this assignment is due in less than 24 hours! Thanks again!

Seven great things in the Book of Hebrews..

1.A Great Salvation..

Heb 2:3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard [Him],

2.A Great High priest.

Heb 4;14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] confession.

3. A Great man.

Heb 7: 4 Now consider how great this man [was], to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils.

4.A Great Fight.

Heb 10: 32 But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings:

5. A Great recompense.

Heb 10: 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.

6.A Great crowd of witnesses.

Heb 12: 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares [us], and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

7. A Great shepherd.

Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

I've read that a handful of Jewish scholars believe Melchizedek, the High Priest who anointed Abraham may have been Shem, son of Noah. It makes sense because Shem would have been alive during this time, and someone greater than Abraham would have to be accredited with anointing him.

I may be wrong but as far as I can see you are asking us to do your homework and to help you cheat on your studies at Bible School.
If that is the case I urge you to examine your heart and I urge other members to stop helping you cheat.
If I have read your question wrongly then I apologise.

I am sorry that it appeared this way to you. Even if that was my intent, (which it wasn't), there were not any responses to my thread when I handed the assignment in. And by the way, 96 questions on the book of Hebrews (13 chapters) can make questions very repititious. I just thought that it would be interesting to see if some people had the same questions as me.

Can you post all 96 questions let me answer each and every one by His grace.

Perhaps I should explain. Out of our 96 questions, each student has to submit ONE which they would really like answered. Then the teacher compiles each students one question and we have to write a like 12 page paper answering each persons question, so we do not answer or get answers to all 96 questions. There are 22 (i think) of us in the class, so we will end up with answers to 22 questions. I'll try to post my paper when I'm done. (we haven't even got everyones questions yet, so it might be a few weeks).

Thanx, Boanerges for the study site on Melchizedak. I read it and it was very interesting. I think I agree with the Gnostic view and the scripts found in 1945 known as Nag Hammadi Library. Of course that would only explain it to satisfy me. It doesn't mean it's right. It will be a good question to ask God when we see him in Heaven.

Back