Questions

In The Hiding Place, Corrie ten Boom writes about a question she asked her father.

"Father, what is sex sin?"
My father turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case from the rack over our heads, and set it on the floor.
"Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said. I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning.
"It's too heavy," I said.
"Yes," he said. " And it would be pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger, you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you."
And I was satisfied. More than satisfied--wonderfully at peace. There were answers to this and all my hard questions--but now I was content to leave them in my father's keeping.
And so it is that to find peace, we must leave many questions in our heavenly Father's keeping.

Knowledge, Mystery, Sex, Tragedy, Trials, Trust
Deut. 29:29; John 16:12

How many times have you told your child, "when you get older you'll understand" or "when you have children of your own you will understand why I am doing what I am doing."

Thank God that He holds the answers to all our questions and in due time He will reveal the answers.

Back