- Nov 16, 2012
Readings for the Week
1. What do you think Martha and Mary were thinking, as they waited for Jesus to arrive?
2. Why do you think Jesus wept?
3. With whom do you identify in this story? How would it have felt to be in the crowd that day?
4. Are we afraid when something truly powerful, truly astonishing, happens?
5. What is the Still speaking God saying to us today, in the tears of Jesus?
Dennis Hopper, 20th century
"In a world where the dead have returned to life, the word 'trouble' loses much of its meaning."