Random Thoughts- 2

Random Thoughts- 2

I was at a traffic signal the other day crossing a road and many were waiting with me as the signal was red. A girl with her mom stood beside me. As the signal turned green, people started walking across the road. I too started walking, looking back because the girl who stood beside me was tugging at her mother's hand and telling her that the signal had become green, but the mother just stood there and seemed to be thinking about something else.
The girl then started shouting and finally her mother seem to come out of her thoughts, but then the signal had already turned red.

God spoke to me through this as I walked on. On many occasions in our life God shows us the green signal to go ahead with our projects or plans that we place before him, but we ignore/ delay them and finally we are not able to acheive the desired results.

I was at a traffic signal the other day crossing a road and many were waiting with me as the signal was red. A girl with her mom stood beside me. As the signal turned green, people started walking across the road. I too started walking, looking back because the girl who stood beside me was tugging at her mother's hand and telling her that the signal had become green, but the mother just stood there and seemed to be thinking about something else.
The girl then started shouting and finally her mother seem to come out of her thoughts, but then the signal had already turned red.

God spoke to me through this as I walked on. On many occasions in our life God shows us the green signal to go ahead with our projects or plans that we place before him, but we ignore/ delay them and finally we are not able to acheive the desired results.

A very interesting concept, J.
And it's true.
Sometimes we ignore something we feel compelled to do because we don't understand 'WHY'.
But if we have put our trust, our faith, our life in God's hands, we must follow through
whether we understand or not.

Only God knows what tomorrow holds and we have to trust that He DOES know what He is doing within our lives.

How many times indeed?:eek:

Random Thoughts- 3

The other day I was in a worship and the pastor while preaching on some topic stated how electricity is invisible most of the times, but still how effectively it works. He said that when you 'on' a switch, the effect is seen somewhere, either a bulb lights up or a fan or a motor. The power behind the working of the object is rarely seen but it works nevertheless.

God spoke to me through this regarding my ministry of preaching and teaching. When someone hears when we preach the Word or someone reads what we write, God the Holy Spirit starts working. We can't see Him, but silently like electricity He touches those who have receptive minds or anyone for that matter and brings about the desired effect. Wonderful, isn't it?

Random Thoughts- 4

I am often surprised by the way that God speaks to me and lately His voice has been so distinct in certain situations that I too feel overwhelmed. A few days back I was discussing with another believer, the 40 yr. trek of the Israelites through the wilderness and how most of them backslided and were destroyed.

While speaking on this, suddenly I said, "I just don't know how these people could have walked through the midst of the Red sea, experience such a great miracle and then forget the mighty God who had performed that." And as I paused, the still small voice spoke to me and said, "How many times you have travelled by aircrafts through the skies flying over nations and seas and after you reach your destination you often forget all about it and consider it as just another happening when all along I have carried you in my loving hands."

While speaking on this, suddenly I said, "I just don't know how these people could have walked through the midst of the Red sea, experience such a great miracle and then forget the mighty God who had performed that." And as I paused, the still small voice spoke to me and said, "How many times you have travelled by aircrafts through the skies flying over nations and seas and after you reach your destination you often forget all about it and consider it as just another happening when all along I have carried you in my loving hands."

Thank you, that's very true. :israel: Sometimes I think that too about the Israelites in the wilderness, but just because God doesn't do extraordinary miracles (like those with the Israelites) all the time in my life, it doesn't mean he doesn't do amazing things in my life! God protects us and strengthens us through seemingly ordinary things in our lives, as well as through extraordinary things.

Random Thoughts- 5

Nothing is impossible for God. Often we say we have faith but our words and actions point in the opposite direction. Sometimes I too stand guilty regarding this matter. This was another occasion that God spoke clearly regarding what we often think.

Sometime back, I saw a dream concerning a servant of God. He is a good friend of mine and has the gift of prophesy. He has a widespread ministry in Kerala, South India.
In the dream, I saw that God was preparing a way for this servant of God to go to Saudi Arabia to minister. The next morning I called him up and told him what I had seen. Immediately he said, "That's impossible. I have no relations there and no one there knows me too." I was speaking on the phone and as soon as he said that, the still small voice spoke to me and said, "Joseph had no relations in Egypt, yet........" and I marvelled at what the Lord said.

God is all powerful and once He gives us a promise, He doesn't back away, but fulfills it in His own sweet time, however impossible the situation be.

Random Thoughts- 3

The other day I was in a worship and the pastor while preaching on some topic stated how electricity is invisible most of the times, but still how effectively it works. He said that when you 'on' a switch, the effect is seen somewhere, either a bulb lights up or a fan or a motor. The power behind the working of the object is rarely seen but it works nevertheless.

God spoke to me through this regarding my ministry of preaching and teaching. When someone hears when we preach the Word or someone reads what we write, God the Holy Spirit starts working. We can't see Him, but silently like electricity He touches those who have receptive minds or anyone for that matter and brings about the desired effect. Wonderful, isn't it?

I am reminded of a friend of mine. He got up to speak at church and shared this- God has been speaking to me and I feel he is telling me that the evil in this world is all around us. Even if you are not sitting in front of your tv the signal is being broadcast all around you continually bombarding you, guard your heart. Even as he was speaking a car must have driven by with a powerful CB radio and the man's voice came booming across the pa system in the church. I called that a confirmation.

Random Thoughts- 6

Faith involves taking risks, but taking unwanted risks in the name of faith can be dangerous and invite problems into our life.

The other day I was out for dinner with my friends. The friend who picked me up that night has a wondeful car and as we travelled to the restaurant, I was surprised by the way he was driving.....overspeeding. Time and again as he accelerated, I kept jamming the imaginary brakes in front of me. (I believe some of you have done that.)

Now, he's a good believer but I think accidents caused by overspeeding doesn't come in God's protection coverage. Believers need self-control, one of the ingredients of the "fruit of the spirit"

There's no point in complaining, "God didn't avert the accident, after one has been overspeeding." We have to respect the traffic laws that are laid down by the govt."

Once a servant of God received the anointing and gift of prophesy while driving his car and he was very happy and asked the Lord, "What must I do now?"

"For a start, said the Lord," Slow down the car."

Random Thoughts- 7

One of the costliest cars in the world is the Maserati MC12 Corsa. It costs around 3 Million Dollars.

On Feb. 16th, 2008, there's an auction to be held in the U.A.E for a number plate that's going to cost way higher than the costliest car. The number plate "1" was the star exhibit at a recent supercar show that featured the world's most expensive cars. Number "5" sold for 7 million dollars and they are expecting number "1" to fetch 10 million and already there are 5 people to bid that amount.

And all this when there are people in Asia, Africa and other places who do not have even one full meal.

How inconsiderate can mankind become! Long back the Lord looked upon the wickedness of man and said, " I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth - men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air - for I am grieved that I have made them." (Genesis 6:7)

And the Bible also says, " By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men." (2 Peter 3:7)

Random Thoughts- 8

Someone asked me the other day....What's the difference between "Ask, seek and knock" in "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)

Asking is simple as when a child prays. Some prayers are answered by God just by asking.
What does one do when nothing happens when we ask. Jesus said, "seek"
Seek actually means "To try to locate or discover; search for" What's there to serach? Search for things that are hindering your prayers from being answered by God. Something that's not pleasing to God in your life. That may be a stumbling block. Investigate yourself and your relationship with God. Everything's clear, but still no answer.
Now what's to be done? Jesus said "knock". Knock on the doors of heaven. Add fasting to your prayer if prayer alone doesn't work. Fasting can overcome doubts and unbelief that hinders our prayers from being answered.
If one knows the combination, it's easy to open the lock.

Random Thoughts- 9

Our heart beats about 100,000 times in one day and about 35 million times in a year. During an average lifetime, the human heart will beat more than 2.5 billion times.
Our body has about 5.6 liters (6 quarts) of blood. This 5.6 liters of blood circulates through the body three times every minute. In one day, the blood travels a total of 19,000 km (12,000 miles)--that's four times the distance across the US from coast to coast.
The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime--that's enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.

Just place your hand where your heart is and say, "Thank you Jesus that till this day, my heart has been working perfect"

If your heart is diseased, your Creator who made this wonderful organ is also the person who can fix it, so pray, hope and trust that He will restore it to perfection.

Random Thoughts- 9

Our heart beats about 100,000 times in one day and about 35 million times in a year. During an average lifetime, the human heart will beat more than 2.5 billion times.
Our body has about 5.6 liters (6 quarts) of blood. This 5.6 liters of blood circulates through the body three times every minute. In one day, the blood travels a total of 19,000 km (12,000 miles)--that's four times the distance across the US from coast to coast.
The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime--that's enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.

Just place your hand where your heart is and say, "Thank you Jesus that till this day, my heart has been working perfect"

If your heart is diseased, your Creator who made this wonderful organ is also the person who can fix it, so pray, hope and trust that He will restore it to perfection.
:cool::) God is awesome!

Random Thoughts- 10

This was another time that God spoke to me regarding a certain matter in my life. I had an important interview coming up and though I had been praying, I had some fears.

A couple of days before the interview, as I was watching the news on TV, as usual there were some commercials being shown and one commercial was about a soft drink and suddenly I realized that God had given me a message through it. The audio in the commercial said, "There's victory beyond your fear."

I know that some of you who are reading this are going through the same situation. You are praying about a certain matter, but you have fears too. Relax. Trust in Jesus. "THERE'S VICTORY BEYOND YOUR FEAR."

It is a mystery... and shame. I know it's true, but only heaven will reveal what could have or should have been...

But, HE IS MERCIFUL. :)

Sometimes, realizing how frail I am and prone to "day dream" at green lights... I would pray, "Lord, see my faults, and hedge me ahead and behind. Know the mistakes I will make, and keep me in your perfect will."

I believe He has. :)

Random Thoughts- 11

For a visa change in the U.A.E. I happened to travel by a small aircraft from Dubai to Kish island. Looking through the window, I could see the vast ocean on my left. It just stretched for miles and miles. The thought that if something went amiss with this small plane sent a fear signal through my system, but then I remembered the promise of Deuteronomy Ch.33:27.
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...."

However vast the ocean and however small the aircraft, the unchanging factor was the "everlasting arms."
Neither was I in control of the plane, nor could I have any authority over the sea, but I realized I was in safe hands. The hands that bled for me.
Unchanging promise....Unchanging love......Unchanging Savior....Praise the Lord.

God doesn't need you to do what he wants. He only gives you the opportunity to participate. If we don't do what He wants it gets done by someone else normally. Thinking any other way would put the divinity of God into question.

Back