Re. Experiance from God

Re. Experiance from God

How do people get experiences from God ?
I never had an experiance from God, Is there something wrong with me ?
When I was saved, I didn't really feel any different ?

While I have had some winderful experiences that is not what counts. Trusting Him, walking with Him and loving Him- that is what counts.
Thomas was a dsciple of Christ yet in spite of walking with Christ he had little faith. In fact he had to put his fingers in the holes in Jesus Christ's hands and sides to come to faith.
Even after seeing the tressurected Christ some of the disciples had this reaction:

Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

What was the response of the Lord to all of this:

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

It has been my experience that we are to seek God and not seek experience. As we grow in our relation these experiences will generally present themselves but if not blessed are they which have not seen yet believed for these are men of great faith indeed. In other words do sweat it- seek God, walk with God, talk with God. Study His Word and ask the Holy spirit for revelation as you read ( as Jesus said He was our teacher)- concentrate on getting to know Him.This is done the same way as with any other realtionship, by spending time with the One you love.

It's not something you can force. God seems to pick & choose who & when to manifest Himself.

Something I've noticed is that He comes out of the blue, when I least expect Him to. Another thing I've noticed, is that He reveals Himself to me in very ordinary ways...a dream, something my child says, a song, just reading His word, an opportunity...

Just keep your eyes on Him, He'll show Himself to you, you just have to be ready for it.

Spend time with Him. Every day, do something to strengthen your faith in Him, just as you would exercise to gain muscle. Buy inspirational movies and watch them (think there was a thread somewhere around here about movies a while back). Buy books to read. My favorite book, I got from the dollar store...every day it gives me a passage from the Scripture, and then thoughts on that passage. It's worth a whole lot more to me today that just a dollar.:D

Keep this up. Keep "exercising". Keep watching. One day very soon, when you least expect it, he's going to blow you off of your feet!:)

There will be no question in your mind that it's Him. You'll recognize Him immediately. You'll feel Him with every cell in your body. He's going to be concrete to you, without question, and you're going to explode with joy! The God Almighty, Creator of the universe, the Alpha and the Omega, has just taken time to pay a visit!

It's going to be quite an experience, my friend!;)

Back