Reaching out to the homeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, but I don't think its the poor that can afford drugs, they are pretty expensive actually, but people will do anything to get them. So after spending the money they have on it, they might rob someone to get more money. Drug addicts aren't necessarily poor, they can be of all backgrounds.

Though its true cocaine and heroin are available for more wealthy, (Class A) and alcohol and weed are lower gateways. Prescription drugs, including opiates, can be accessed to all. Even doctors and medical professionals abuse them.

So I don't think it's 'poor people abuse drugs' . Anybody with access can abuse them. It's more, people with too much time on their hands (this includes very rich people) or in unfulfilling jobs crave drugs. It numbs the pain. The highs people get from it become addictive to the point they cannot function without a hit.

If people want easy money, drug dealing is profitable.

Yes, Lanolin,

Good point. You mention all kind of scenarios but I'm sharing from experience of ministering to the poor not just in America but other parts of the world while doing missionary work. And that is, many poor cannot afford drugs (which can be a blessing in disguise for their own health benefit.)

But unfortunately on the flip side, many poor can obtain and abuse themselves with drugs, if not by money but by other means (selling themselves as drug runners, prostitution and various underground labor) which the drug lord or dealers know and will take advantage of the poor's desperation for the dealer's evil benefit.

Getting back to Brother IND's ministry no doubt includes this sad situation but this is just one in the mix of the poor and their suffering he is ministering to.

God bless you, sister.

Did you ever minister to the rich?
I wonder if thats a bit different from ministering to the poor.
I imagine that has a different set of problems, but drugs can affect rich and poor alike. Money may be no object, but rich people I imagine still need salvation. Mostly to stop them from gluttony.

Did you ever minister to the rich?
I wonder if thats a bit different from ministering to the poor.
I imagine that has a different set of problems, but drugs can affect rich and poor alike. Money may be no object, but rich people I imagine still need salvation. Mostly to stop them from gluttony.

That's a great question, Lanolin, and a big YES!

I'm sure we have all heard how the rich, though they have lots of money in their pockets and material possessions, at the end of the day they are unhappy, ungrateful, lonely and one serious area they struggle with, greed because it's never enough.

In Mark 10:17-23 Jesus encouraged the rich man, though he lived in obedience there was one thing he lacked. Give up everything and give to the poor and he will receive eternal riches in heaven.

I shared this with many prosperous people whether they attend church or are not saved, and when I spoke with them, it still fell short.
Riches have a way of replacing God because you can see and feel the money, the possessions and results which to them is much sweeter than trusting and having faith in God, who actually owns everything.

Now, this doesn't mean there aren't the rich who have actually given much of what they owned. I strongly believe God gave wealth to certain individuals who follow Christ and are used by God to help others.

But just like ministering to the poor, the rich is also a very tough ministry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back