Reading Daily Horoscopes for fun.. is it considered a sin in God's eyes?

So I sometimes read my horoscope for fun and my wife always says that I should not do so even if it's for fun because God looks at that as witchcraft and I was kidding around with today's tarot which was the devil. It got emailed to me. It says Cancer, let the light inside of you shine bright. When you see the light within you, you also see the glimmer of hope in others. And I gotta say I guess it's kind of accurate because during this injury things have gotten pretty dark.. and sometimes I do feel like hope is gone for a lot of other reasons as well but that's something I have to pray about. I was just wondering what you guys thought though about the whole reading horoscopes because I don't really believe in any of that kind of stuff but mine is almost always accurate. Though I wouldn't want to continue reading for fun if it upsets God. I obviously only believe in His word and nothing more!

Ugh would agree with your wife I would block my email from that kind of rubbish. So all those people born in the same month have exactly the same thing as you. What about the people born a day later. Do they have something different. People that write those psychic things never mention about Jesus. Jesus is the light of the world and it doesnt matter what day you are born. Hes the same yesterday, today and forever.

When we are born again, its on Gods timing, not according to a horoscope.

Deuteronomy 18:10-13 (KJV)
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.​

Because it can seem so harmless a bit of fun and bit of a joke therein lies the great danger and once the hook is in very difficult to remove, Satan is also Fisher of men. The hook is removed by genuine repentance recognising the afront against a holy God. It comes under the heading, occultism . Quite apart from it being a lie, it is a damned lie and those who persist in such behaviour partake of its condensation.

I also agree with your wife, particularly because horoscopes tend to lead your expectations or even behaviour. But I also have read them in the past. It is seductive because mostly these horoscopes are written very positiv. It is a very interesting topic, because is it also sin to watch Harry Potter? God bless you and your family.

I also agree with your wife, particularly because horoscopes tend to lead your expectations or even behaviour. But I also have read them in the past. It is seductive because mostly these horoscopes are written very positiv. It is a very interesting topic, because is it also sin to watch Harry Potter? God bless you and your family.

Watching or listening to anything that is opposed to the written Word is a sin ..... watching Harry Potter will not renew your mind to the things of God. It will renew your mind to the things of the enemy and when a person believes those things over the Word of God... then it becomes a sin, because a person ends up acting upon the wrong beliefs and attitudes.

Choosing to Believe or fill ones mind with wrong thinking also perverts or twists the truth of God's Ways. And it will creep into every area... and then problems arise. Because that person will end up reacting upon lies and wrong thinking which also can lead that person into sin or bondage to the enemy which can be very difficult to get out of or away from.

The best thing is to saturate ones mind with things that encourage or back up what the Word says so that one will know where/what the deception of the enemy is. To pattern our lives after the Word, instead of choosing verses that make what we already do acceptable in God's sight.

Watching or listening to anything that is opposed to the written Word is a sin ..... watching Harry Potter will not renew your mind to the things of God. It will renew your mind to the things of the enemy and when a person believes those things over the Word of God... then it becomes a sin, because a person ends up acting upon the wrong beliefs and attitudes.

Choosing to Believe or fill ones mind with wrong thinking also perverts or twists the truth of God's Ways. And it will creep into every area... and then problems arise. Because that person will end up reacting upon lies and wrong thinking which also can lead that person into sin or bondage to the enemy which can be very difficult to get out of or away from.

The best thing is to saturate ones mind with things that encourage or back up what the Word says so that one will know where/what the deception of the enemy is. To pattern our lives after the Word, instead of choosing verses that make what we already do acceptable in God's sight.
Amen!
That's what I am talking about!
;) Blessings

I'm glad I brought this up then. Thank you all for your answers. I mean in a way I always thought about it and wondered if God would be upset and if i have to think about it then I should already know that abstaining from horoscopes or anything that "predicts my future" other then then what God has planned for my life should be considered a sin. Yeah they keep bugging me with emails talking about how the next month will reveal something big and to click on the link which would probably charge me an arm and a leg and I unsubscribed to all of them. I'm over it lol no more innocent horoscope readings. Better to follow God's truth and be obedient instead! Thank you brothers and sisters!

I'm glad I brought this up then. Thank you all for your answers. I mean in a way I always thought about it and wondered if God would be upset and if i have to think about it then I should already know that abstaining from horoscopes or anything that "predicts my future" other then then what God has planned for my life should be considered a sin. Yeah they keep bugging me with emails talking about how the next month will reveal something big and to click on the link which would probably charge me an arm and a leg and I unsubscribed to all of them. I'm over it lol no more innocent horoscope readings. Better to follow God's truth and be obedient instead! Thank you brothers and sisters!

Another way to know that horoscopes are not of God... He may show us a tiny little piece of the future.... but as it is faith that pleases Him... having ones supposed future predicted is not walking by faith. Besides what one thinks is their future being predicted is just lies of the enemy to get someone to go down a path that the devil has set up for their destruction or leading them away from God. Those people are not led of God but of the devil.
One doesn't need faith to be told what's up ahead next. But if we are trusting The Father... then we will see that He will lead us One step at a time, and we walk by faith.. not by sight.

Back