reading the bible

smellycat

Account Closed
reading the bible

i was asked today at work about reading the bible,as if i was strange to read it most days.why do people have a problem with ,this and think it,s peculiar.what you read is basically common sense,but from thousands of years ago,that never change.:jesus-sign:

The Bible is regarded by far too many as mythology, unfortunately.
Many think anyone who could believe in such writings as The Scriptures is silly~
Too bad it is that way but it does seem to be.

I find it ironic, that many people disregard the Bible as myth yet disallow the reading of it in schools, jobs, etc. If the Bible is such a myth then reading it shouldn't be any different than if a student wanted to read Mother Goose in school. Yet I read of accounts all the time where students are asked not to read their Bibles in school.

Those people who find reading it to be peculiar, don't realize that those who read it find it peculiar that others do not! ;)

May God be with you!

Well....what benefits from discouraging reading the Bible? Satan.

In the words of St. Jerome about 150ad, "Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ."

Amen! and God bless you!

" there is none so blind as he who will not see"

Psa 53:1 <To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David.> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Hosea 9:7
The days of punishment are coming,
the days of reckoning are at hand.
Let Israel know this.
Because your sins are so many
and your hostility so great,
the prophet is considered a fool,
the inspired man a maniac

Pretty much the same deal in America :eek:

It is christianity that is keeping this nation afloat-:D

Back