Reading the book of Mark

M

Mark_18

Reading the book of Mark

I haven't read the bible much at all, but it's starting to mean something more to me now. I just started reading some of Mark in the New Living Translation Version. This part will help me very soon:

"Jesus Heals a Man with Leprosy

40 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean,” he said.

41 Moved with compassion,[i] Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” 42 Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed. 43 Then Jesus sent him on his way with a stern warning: 44 “Don’t tell anyone about this. Instead, go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.[j] This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.” 45 But the man went and spread the word, proclaiming to everyone what had happened. As a result, large crowds soon surrounded Jesus, and he couldn’t publicly enter a town anywhere. He had to stay out in the secluded places, but people from everywhere kept coming to him."

I need to resist the urge to preach to my friends who I don't think will understand, and rather listen to where he wants me to go next. (I now know that I can stop worrying about what I will say to people about God, and I don't even have to ask anyone for advice on it, I just know. I guess. lol.. I will be faithful. My friend's salvation is would, no WILL be so exciting I get inpatient. But I don't want to disobey like the former lepor.) Maybe start going to church and make my salvation known? I'm asking but all I hear right now is "keep reading" I think...

So that's what'll do.

Thanks for sharing that.
We feed ourselves by study of the bible. Not just important but essential.
You mention going to a church and making your salvation known. Please do get involved in a good biblical local church. We all need the support and fellowship and you will benefit greatly from solid bible teaching and fellowship with other Christians.

Back