Really?

rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I find this both odd and sad. Last weekend, some people came over to the house to play in the pool. One of them brought a “six pack” of been with the title “Unholy.” It is made in a brewery in Tampa, Florida. Have no idea what it tastes like, as I did not have one. Don’t get me wrong, I have no issues with a beer on a hot weekend, but I thought this was a bit too much. Anyway, I went to the company’s web site and found the following description: “Our take on the Trippel style originally brewed by monks in Belgium features fruity / funky notes from the traditional Belgian yeast paired with a sacrilegious American hop character. ... Not like a tripel [sic] at all, more of twist on a pale ale. The high alcohol content was not noticeable in the flavor.” Their tag for this is "Blasphemy in a glass."

Sometimes, you really have to ask yourself what is wrong with some people. I understand the whole marketing thing, but really? I was agnostic for over 40 years and I would not have found this funny even then. In my defense, the guy who brought it is not what I would call a friend. He is married to one of my wife’s teacher friends who, I might add, goes to my church.

rtm3039

I find this both odd and sad. Last weekend, some people came over to the house to play in the pool. One of them brought a “six pack” of been with the title “Unholy.” It is made in a brewery in Tampa, Florida. Have no idea what it tastes like, as I did not have one. Don’t get me wrong, I have no issues with a beer on a hot weekend, but I thought this was a bit too much. Anyway, I went to the company’s web site and found the following description: “Our take on the Trippel style originally brewed by monks in Belgium features fruity / funky notes from the traditional Belgian yeast paired with a sacrilegious American hop character. ... Not like a tripel [sic] at all, more of twist on a pale ale. The high alcohol content was not noticeable in the flavor.” Their tag for this is "Blasphemy in a glass."

Sometimes, you really have to ask yourself what is wrong with some people. I understand the whole marketing thing, but really? I was agnostic for over 40 years and I would not have found this funny even then. In my defense, the guy who brought it is not what I would call a friend. He is married to one of my wife’s teacher friends who, I might add, goes to my church.

rtm3039
Meh we have 'demon drink' in the shops and a pizza chain called Hell Pizza.

Advertising and marketing people are just mad. Mad I tell you. Obviously they not marketing to the christian crowd.

I can handle hell pizza (actually not a fan of their pizza, its pretty disgusting actually...kind of mushy cheese on doughy bread) because well they put in a pizza oven which is supposedly very hot like hell.
But the demon drink..i dont know if its actually got alcohol in it, maybe tonnes of sugar tnat could kill you if you drank too much of it I supoose. KFC also has 'wicked wings'. They are wicked because they have hot chilli spice in them, but actually, they taste alright. They not marketing them as 'angel wings' though.

Oh demon drink is actually an energy drink.

Personally find energy drinks pretty insipid too. All those chemicals. Yuck!

rtm3039

We are surrounded by dead people my friend.

Ephesians 2:1-3 ….....
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

I find this both odd and sad. Last weekend, some people came over to the house to play in the pool. One of them brought a “six pack” of been with the title “Unholy.” Sometimes, you really have to ask yourself what is wrong with some people. I understand the whole marketing thing, but really? I was agnostic for over 40 years and I would not have found this funny even then. In my defense, the guy who brought it is not what I would call a friend. He is married to one of my wife’s teacher friends who, I might add, goes to my church.
rtm3039

Meh we have 'demon drink' in the shops and a pizza chain called Hell Pizza. Advertising and marketing people are just mad. Mad I tell you. Obviously they not marketing to the christian crowd.
I can handle hell pizza (actually not a fan of their pizza, its pretty disgusting actually...kind of mushy cheese on doughy bread) because well they put in a pizza oven which is supposedly very hot like hell.
But the demon drink..i dont know if its actually got alcohol in it, maybe tonnes of sugar tnat could kill you if you drank too much of it I supoose. KFC also has 'wicked wings'. They are wicked because they have hot chilli spice in them, but actually, they taste alright. They not marketing them as 'angel wings' though.

We are surrounded by dead people my friend. Ephesians 2:1-3 ….....
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

Romans chapter 1 talks about this pretty well!! Verses 18 to 32

Thank you and amen.

Major is so right that we are surrounded by dead people. Jesus teaches that those who don't acknowledge Him are blind and not alive in the light. Marketers will go over the line just a tiny bit with God and call it marketing but I feel deep down its a little sign of defiance and mockery to Jesus. I would rather represent a tiny bit of holy for Jesus, instead of a tiny bit unholy as defiance to God.

Ray, if you had not come closer to Jesus I wonder if you would have given a second thought to the mockery beer and its little slogans. I personally don't drink but I don't believe beer or wine is the deal breaker to obedience and eternity. I really believe our relationship with Jesus does open our eyes to the Truth and underlying motives. God bless you for that!

Lanoliin, when i read your post aside from the unattractive marketing slogans, you also made a good point of the chemicals and stuff they put inside their product. I have noticed the more I grow in Christ the more conscious I have become of looking at the labels. Even when the ingredients

Ravrindran, I'm taking a class this fall semester called "The Epistic to the Romans" I've always found Romans challenging and many times have to go back and re-read what Paul is teaching. In Romans 1:18 alone reads, 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

I'm being prudish for Christ and take God serious. The slightest joke or defiance alone takes away His glory.

God bless you all and your families.

Some of the ladies at church want to go to a pub quiz. I dont mind quizzes I like them and do a quiz everyday at work, and Ive been to pubs before, but Im not really keen on pubs its just too noisy. I dont understand why people go to certain places to be social but then cant hear anything because the music is so loud cant even carry on a normal conversation.
I dont drink, but do you reckon people are louder when they do drink alcohol. Whats the thing with loud music anyway, why does it have to be loud, or is everyone just going deaf.

I love the book of Romans. It's foundational for our Christian faith. It states, going back to the old testament, there is none righteous, not even one. We are only righteous with Christ completely taking away all of our sins. All who believe in Him and what He did on the cross for us, are then given the gift of the Holy Spirit.When one comes to true faith in Christ, there is a heart change. It is not a head knowledge, but a heart change. This happened to me over 25 years ago. I am a sinner , but I am being sanctified daily through the holy Spirit s power. I am so blessed and praise God our Father for the previous gift of salvation!!

I love the book of Romans. It's foundational for our Christian faith. It states, going back to the old testament, there is none righteous, not even one. We are only righteous with Christ completely taking away all of our sins. All who believe in Him and what He did on the cross for us, are then given the gift of the Holy Spirit.When one comes to true faith in Christ, there is a heart change. It is not a head knowledge, but a heart change. This happened to me over 25 years ago. I am a sinner , but I am being sanctified daily through the holy Spirit s power. I am so blessed and praise God our Father for the previous gift of salvation!!

Hello findtruth;

Paul had heard of the church at Rome but hadn't been there yet, nor the Apostles. But when he finally went he witnessed and developed a bond with the believers there.

I'm taking a course called the Epistles to the Romans this fall. I couldn't say this years ago because for many years I felt Romans was too deep for me to grasp, then realized I wasn't reading deep enough to learn what Paul was teaching. It took time but my Spirit gave me better understanding because, as yourself, I went through a heart change in Christ and can relate better to Paul's work, bringing a collection for the poor, his message and thanksgiving to some of the key leaders in chapter 16.

I'm still learning more every time I re-read Romans and to align what I'm sharing with rtm3039's topic, Really? is how the lostness of humanity is saved by the facts of the Gospel, thus Romans.

God bless you, findtruth and your family.

Hello findtruth;

Paul had heard of the church at Rome but hadn't been there yet, nor the Apostles. But when he finally went he witnessed and developed a bond with the believers there.

I'm taking a course called the Epistles to the Romans this fall. I couldn't say this years ago because for many years I felt Romans was too deep for me to grasp, then realized I wasn't reading deep enough to learn what Paul was teaching. It took time but my Spirit gave me better understanding because, as yourself, I went through a heart change in Christ and can relate better to Paul's work, bringing a collection for the poor, his message and thanksgiving to some of the key leaders in chapter 16.

I'm still learning more every time I re-read Romans and to align what I'm sharing with rtm3039's topic, Really? is how the lostness of humanity is saved by the facts of the Gospel, thus Romans.

God bless
you, findtruth and your family.

Agreed. Romans and Hebrews are the two keystones of the Scriptures.

Back