Reaping and sowing

2 Corinthians 9:6
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

My church (and most, if not all, others) thinks that this verse relates to getting material wealth in this world. Is it possible that this verse is talking about what we will get in the Kingdom? I heard that people will get riches of different amounts in the Kingdom. The Kingdom being Paradise, Heaven, and all other names you might have.

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

My church (and most, if not all, others) thinks that this verse relates to getting material wealth in this world. Is it possible that this verse is talking about what we will get in the Kingdom? I heard that people will get riches of different amounts in the Kingdom. The Kingdom being Paradise, Heaven, and all other names you might have.

Reaping and sowing is a principle laid out by God. It doesn't just apply to material and physical things, it applies to spiritual things as well. In fact this principle is applied more often to spiritual things than physical. Although this verse and it's immediate context is referring to material things; it's greater context refers to spiritual things, as you can see from verse 9 on. This verse in context is not referring to reaping in order to sow rewards in heaven but I am pretty sure that the concept does exist and it is found elsewhere in the bible.

Reaping and sowing is a principle laid out by God. It doesn't just apply to material and physical things, it applies to spiritual things as well. In fact this principle is applied more often to spiritual things than physical. Although this verse and it's immediate context is referring to material things; it's greater context refers to spiritual things, as you can see from verse 9 on. This verse in context is not referring to reaping in order to sow rewards in heaven but I am pretty sure that the concept does exist and it is found elsewhere in the bible.
Thank you for the clarification.

Hey Juk my man here is an easy understanding comparison

word of God says........what you sow is what you reep
the world says.......what goes around comes around
Same principle big time.

If you sow from the spirit you reep spritual things or of the spirit
sow from the flesh you reep fleshly things..........

Example.........those girls who were teasing you.............act Christ like then you will reep Christ like results..........and God can work in your behalf

Act like them or the world or fleshly..........then reep from these things of trouble, problems and so forth and God can not work on your behalf..........

This principle is the way the kingdom of God operates...Seed time........Harvest time....
The written word of God is SEED......... Plant His word reep His results in every area of our lives. Everything starts with seed.

One last thing........people get caught up with things as if they are all heaven things or things for the next life and so forth...........REALLY ? ROFL...... why would any one need healing or food or a car etc in heaven ? NO ! we need these things NOW here in this earth......

God Bless my Friend Mr Juk
Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: Juk
Hey Juk my man here is an easy understanding comparison

word of God says........what you sow is what you reep
the world says.......what goes around comes around
Same principle big time.

If you sow from the spirit you reep spritual things or fo the spirit
sow from the flesh you reep fleshly things..........

Example.........those girls who were teasing you.............act Christ like then you will reep Christ like results..........and God can work in your behalf

Act like them or the world or fleshly..........then reep from these things of trouble, problems and so forth and God can not work on your behalf..........

This principle is the way tyhe kingdom of God operates...Seed time........Harvest time....
The written word of God is SEED......... Plant His word reep His results in every area of our lives. Everything starts with seed.

One last thing........people get caught up with things as if they are all heaven things or things for the next life and so forth...........REALLY ? ROFL...... why would any one need healing or food or a car etc in heaven ? NO ! we need these things NOW here in this earth......

God Bless my Friend Mr Juk
Jim

Back