Receive the Word

Receive the Word

Luke 1:30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luke 1:38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

She heard the Word of God from His messenger and received it. The shepherd also received the good news of the Saviour.

Luke 1:20And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

John 1:1In the beginning was the Word and the Word with God, and the word was God.

John 1:14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus is the Word of God. We should gladly receive him, the Word, into our lives; just as Mary humbled herself, received and conceived the Word and was filled with Life.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

God sent His Son, the WORD, to heal us spirit, soul and body. He is Life and came to give you abundant life.

Ps 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.

John 10:10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

Mary and the shepherds had heard that one day the Messiah would come. They knew about One who would save them but they didn’t really know Him. Then the time came when they did receive Him. This Savior was born into this natural world, but when we receive Him, we become born again spiritually.

When we receive Jesus we are filled with His great joy!

Matthew 2:10When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.

I had heard about Jesus and was even in the church all my life. In my head I knew everything about Him, but I didn’t know him personally. I had not received Him because nobody told me I should.

Are you sure you are a child of God or do you just know about Him? Today is the time day salvation, NOW is the time, not tomorrow.

Don’t just believe in your head, but receive Him in your life. And your life will be changed dramatically! Having a vital personal relationship with the God of the universe is much better than being religious. It’s 18 inches from your head to your heart and it is the difference in making heaven your home or being separated from God forever after this life.

Are you satisfied with how your life is going? Are you living an abundant life in Jesus or just giving mental assent? So many of us have tried to do it our own way and there didn’t seem to be any change. But only God’s way will work and this is what He said to do.

Romans 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Turn from the path you’re on and turn to Jesus. Receive him now. Say this out loud with your mouth and believe it in your heart.

Jesus I believe you are the Son of God and You died for me and was raised from the dead. I turn away from sin and receive You now. You are the Lord of every part of my life. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to you. Thank you for forgiving me of all my sins.

If you prayed that and meant it you are now a child of God! Welcome to the family!

She heard the word of God from His messenger and received it.

How many times do we just hear a message from someone but we don't really recieve it for ourselves, apply it to our life? Too many times

Back