Recently found God

Recently found God

I am new to this forum as well as other christian/religious things.
A while back a co-worker started talking to me about her faith and from that moment on I have been more and more interested in religious things, things like people (and animals) having been healed by prayers, people who have been given help in difficult times.
I am praying that I one day would be able to help needing people in any way possible with the help of God.

Welcome to CFS Mike! There are a lot of good brothers and sisters here that would be glad to help in any way they can. I look forward to talking to you!

Hi Mike,

WELCOME. Glad that you decided to join the forum. Even more glad that you decided to give your life to the Lord.

God bless you

I am new to this forum as well as other christian/religious things.
A while back a co-worker started talking to me about her faith and from that moment on I have been more and more interested in religious things, things like people (and animals) having been healed by prayers, people who have been given help in difficult times.
I am praying that I one day would be able to help needing people in any way possible with the help of God.

Well, Mike, since God isn't lost He doesn't need finding. Christ came to seek and to save the lost--us. Anyway, welcome to Christian Forum Site.

Great News Mike that you have become a Christian. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John:3.16. ) What a great blessing for you that you can put your own name where it says "whoever", and know for sure that you have eternal life.

Now that you are a Christian you need to grow and for growth you need food, and all the spiritual food you need is in the Bible. Read it and grow to love it. I would suggest at this time of the year, as we approach Christmas, you might like to start reading Luke's Gospel, as it starts with the Christmas story. You also need to Pray - just talking to God, asking for his guidance for the day, praising and thanking Him for all he has done for you and all he will do in your life.

I think that's enough preaching for now. Welcome, I am remembering you in my prayers.

Thanks you all guys for the nice welcoming!
For birthday present this year I got a Bible from a co-worker so I have been reading it and praying and I have found that prayers do work!

Thanks you all guys for the nice welcoming!
For birthday present this year I got a Bible from a co-worker so I have been reading it and praying and I have found that prayers do work!

A big amen to that Mike! Our heavenly Father loves to answer the hearts cry of His children.
If I may recommend this:
The Father sits upon His throne.
Jesus sits at His right hand constantly making intercession for us.
The Holy Spirit of God is the one they sent to be our Paraclete (the One who walks with us) as our Teacher, Comforter, the One who leads and empowers us, the One who reveals the Father's love to us, the One who reveals the glory and the grace we find in Jesus Christ.
My point- if the Holy Spirit is our teacher and helper -and He is- then when you read the Word of God ask Him to teach you what it means in your life. Ask Him to reveal God's Word, to show you how to apply it in your life, to help you to understand the Father's will for you. To guide your steps and give you revelation in every area.
Remember this precious Holy Spirit is with you each moment of the day. Learn to include Him in all you do as He is in the midst of your life for a purpose. He will be with you as you work, study, play, etc. It is a great thing when we begin to discover that we are not only filled with the Holy Spirit of God but that He wants our intimate fellowship on a moment to moment basis. Life begins to be rich indeed when we learn to walk in this fellowship and it is our birthright in Christ.

I don't know if you've seen the movie, The Gospel of John
but it's great, you'll have to check it out. I was only able to find it at Barns & Nobles out here, but I'm sure you can get it online somewhere.
Gold Bless
When you buy it (about $140 it comes in a 2 & 3 hr. DVD set. i recomend watching the three hour and then loaning them out. The 2 hr to people with less patience, the 3 hr to people who are more interested. Don't be surprised if you don't get them back, though. I think it's a great evangelism tool. Actually I think they have a set that's geared for ministry, but I haven't checked that out yet, peace

Welcome Mike

Welcome Mike to the friendly and warm Christain Forum Site and more importantly congradulations in entering a loving relationship with God the Father.

wel21.gif

Back