Reflecting on Psalm 54.

I was praying today, feeling discouraged over the process of finding an adult home and the right care for my husband, probably impatient, and losing hope which had been renewed recently. As most of you know we have been dealing with his alzheimer's disease for the last three years and his condition has gradually declined. Many wonderful people have prayed for him, with him, and others (especially folks on line) have also entered in prayer support from afar not really knowing us entirely nor the situation but grasping the seriousness of what it means. Most have had or seen what this can do to the person with the disease and the toll this takes on those of us who take care especially family members. So that being said..this week I had renewed hope; but today I feel like again the rug is being pulled out from under us. We Contacted three group (Christian) homes , two not financially feasible, and waiting to hear back on one. As I confess all to the Lord I think the Spirit spoke the Psalm below. I am sharing it this morning with some reflections following:

Save me, O God, by thy name,
and vindicate me by thy might.
Hear my prayer, O God;
give ear to the words of my mouth.

For insolent men have risen against me,
ruthless men seek my life;
they do not set God before them.Selah
Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life.
He will requite my enemies with evil;
in thy faithfulness put an end to them.

With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to thee;
I will give thanks to thy name, O Lord, for it is good.
For thou hast delivered me from every trouble,
and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies. (Psalm 54, RSV)

As the enemy thwarts, lies, and discourages I am believing in the power of God..As I shared yesterday with someone on here..Joshua 5-6 spoke to me. As the angel of the Lord said to Joshua that the battle was won even before the city was taken I also claim the Victory in God. Meanwhile there is the battle. Thanks for those prayers..much appreciated.

As the enemy thwarts, lies, and discourages I am believing in the power of God..As I shared yesterday with someone on here..Joshua 5-6 spoke to me. As the angel of the Lord said to Joshua that the battle was won even before the city was taken I also claim the Victory in God

The Holy Spirit reminded me of something He gave our friends several months ago.....

the walls of Jericho and how easy it was for them to be still in the presence of the Lord, Resting in Him...simple childlike faith and obedience, led through the march by and through the Word...

The naturally impossible situation was Supernaturally made simple through trust and obedience, Amen!
Praise precedes Blessing >> The Walls are down, go in to the land of plenty, to the Glory of God the Father!!

Praise the Lord!! :)

Blessings to you and your family!

Got two other verses for you..... Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

– Joshua 1:9

The Lord your God will Himself go over before you, and He will destroy these nations from before you, and you shall dispossess them. And Joshua shall go over before you, as the Lord has said.
Deuteronomy 31:3 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/deu.31.3.AMPC

I was praying today, feeling discouraged over the process of finding an adult home and the right care for my husband, probably impatient, and losing hope which had been renewed recently. As most of you know we have been dealing with his alzheimer's disease for the last three years and his condition has gradually declined. Many wonderful people have prayed for him, with him, and others (especially folks on line) have also entered in prayer support from afar not really knowing us entirely nor the situation but grasping the seriousness of what it means. Most have had or seen what this can do to the person with the disease and the toll this takes on those of us who take care especially family members. So that being said..this week I had renewed hope; but today I feel like again the rug is being pulled out from under us. We Contacted three group (Christian) homes , two not financially feasible, and waiting to hear back on one. As I confess all to the Lord I think the Spirit spoke the Psalm below. I am sharing it this morning with some reflections following:

Save me, O God, by thy name,
and vindicate me by thy might.
Hear my prayer, O God;
give ear to the words of my mouth.

For insolent men have risen against me,
ruthless men seek my life;
they do not set God before them.Selah
Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life.
He will requite my enemies with evil;
in thy faithfulness put an end to them.

With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to thee;
I will give thanks to thy name, O Lord, for it is good.
For thou hast delivered me from every trouble,
and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies. (Psalm 54, RSV)

As the enemy thwarts, lies, and discourages I am believing in the power of God..As I shared yesterday with someone on here..Joshua 5-6 spoke to me. As the angel of the Lord said to Joshua that the battle was won even before the city was taken I also claim the Victory in God. Meanwhile there is the battle. Thanks for those prayers..much appreciated.
Sorry to hear all of this Sandpiper. I was just praying for you and your husband last night not even knowing any of this. i will certainly continue to pray.

Sorry to hear all of this Sandpiper. I was just praying for you and your husband last night not even knowing any of this. i will certainly continue to pray.
Thanks, Coffee, we have an appointment at one home this afternoon to check it out and also they may do an assessment of his needs. I am most grateful for those prayers. Believing in God's grace to get us through all of the adjustments needed. Believing my husband will be a blessing for them as well.

Thanks, Coffee, we have an appointment at one home this afternoon to check it out and also they may do an assessment of his needs. I am most grateful for those prayers. Believing in God's grace to get us through all of the adjustments needed. Believing my husband will be a blessing for them as well.

I am believing good things will happen for your husband and will release blessings into both of your lives.
Our elderly family members are blessings. I am sure your husband is a wonderful man that has touched many lives throughout all of his travels and ministry work. He has touched a great deal of people throughout his life. Now I pray that all that will come back and he will be touched by the lives of the workers that God places around him and that it gives you so much peace.

I am believing good things will happen for your husband and will release blessings into both of your lives.
Our elderly family members are blessings. I am sure your husband is a wonderful man that has touched many lives throughout all of his travels and ministry work. He has touched a great deal of people throughout his life. Now I pray that all that will come back and he will be touched by the lives of the workers that God places around him and that it gives you so much peace.
I agree. Thank you.

Back