Regenerating a Mammoth for $10 Million

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
Been there, done that. :p

Maybe they'll let people recreate some good ol mammoth hunting with spears. XD

I have heard that people were thawing and eating some of these beasts .

Any one else find it amusing how they state the years so matter-of-factly. "As long as the DNA is within the last 6,000 years." "They went extinct during the ice age 100,000 years ago." Pretty annoying to me that they use a theory (carbon dating) to date things and then state it as if it's a law.

I don't know what artical you two (two above me) were reading, But the artical says:
within the last 60,000 years, the effective age limit for DNA.
and
The mammoths fell extinct in both their Siberian and North American homelands toward the end of the last ice age, some 10,000 years ago.

Not 6,000 and 100,000 years.

LOOOL that is really funny because i didnt even read the article xDD but then I checked out to see where they wrote the 6000 year thing and I didn't find it so then I didn't feel like modifying my message lool :( then I wondered where did dodson get that haha xD

You know carbon dating and all those other dating methods can't be trusted.
There was a test scientists done to find the age of one of these mamoths that was frozen in the ice age, the flesh was older than the skeleton....

yeah carbon dating from all that I have read is not to be trusted.
things get fossilized very quickly during the Flood :D ;)

and something that is fossilized that is only 100 years old can be carbon dated to thousands and thousands of years if I remember correctly, it simply doesn't work well.

Back