Reincarnation In The Bible

Hi, I am sorry to ask this, but does the Bible mention even one thing about the thing that when a person dies, the person can reincarnate? I recall that someone said that that thing was taken away from the Bible, and I read some Bible verses where they say something that sounds like reincarnation...

Also, I believe I lived in the Medieval times in my past life, and in those times I was tortured at the end and I died, and when I see some things that remind me of the past life torturers, I get a very anxious feeling...

Do you believe that people can reincarnate for some reasons? Some people say that good people GO to Heaven when they die, but they will usually be only for a limited time and then they reincarnate because the people who need to reincarnate have to still complete a life mission or something...

I am just asking, and I hope it's not bad to ask this. I just want to know that why do I have that feeling about the Medieval times. I hope asking about reincarnation is not against the rules of this website. If it is, then just tell me and delete this post, but don't ban me.

There is no such thing as reincarnation, The God never mentioned Reincarnation.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

We get one life, and at some time in our life we die. (Words of our mouth, obedience will lengthen life, we don't have a set time to die but appointed to meet bodily death at some point)

We don't come back as cows, rabbits, or people. We die, then we are judged.

Blessings.

There is no such thing as reincarnation, The God never mentioned Reincarnation.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

We get one life, and at some time in our life we die. (Words of our mouth, obedience will lengthen life, we don't have a set time to die but appointed to meet bodily death at some point)

We don't come back as cows, rabbits, or people. We die, then we are judged.

Blessings.

Then what does my Medieval past life memory mean? Did some demon lie to me about it?

Then what does my Medieval past life memory mean? Did some demon lie to me about it?

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

There can be no memory of a Medieval Past life that you personally experienced since your time to be born is in this day. So whatever you think may be some distant memory was planted by something, but it's not because you were actually there.

We line our thoughts up with the Word and believe that only. For the Word is life unto your life and a lamp unto your feet.

Blessings

Hi, I am sorry to ask this, but does the Bible mention even one thing about the thing that when a person dies, the person can reincarnate? I recall that someone said that that thing was taken away from the Bible, and I read some Bible verses where they say something that sounds like reincarnation...

Same as mentioned in another post: would suggest you quote the particular bible verse.....

Did you ever consider that you are merely mistaken. I have plenty of false childhood memories. I distinctly and vividly remember my brother biting a chunk out of my arm when I was a toddler. Yet, the event I remember so starkly never occurred. Reincarnation has never made sense to me philosophically. It is a beautiful idea that we are able to live life upon life, again and again, but I think it does violence to the human being. What makes me me is the whole host of memories, dispositions and experiences. The reincarnated person is not the same concrete, actual person, but merely the same abstract soul. Reincarnation is the return of the same abstract potentiality not the actual human being.

Did you ever consider that you are merely mistaken. I have plenty of false childhood memories. I distinctly and vividly remember my brother biting a chunk out of my arm when I was a toddler. Yet, the event I remember so starkly never occurred. Reincarnation has never made sense to me philosophically. It is a beautiful idea that we are able to live life upon life, again and again, but I think it does violence to the human being. What makes me me is the whole host of memories, dispositions and experiences. The reincarnated person is not the same concrete, actual person, but merely the same abstract soul. Reincarnation is the return of the same abstract potentiality not the actual human being.

Well, reincarnation makes sense to me because first, what if Heaven has a ceiling and a floor so there wouldn't be enough space for the people, or is it possible to have enough space? Also, the other reason reincarnation makes sense is that the soul is like recycled, so the soul enters the new body after the previous body died.

Well, reincarnation makes sense to me because first, what if Heaven has a ceiling and a floor so there wouldn't be enough space for the people, or is it possible to have enough space? Also, the other reason reincarnation makes sense is that the soul is like recycled, so the soul enters the new body after the previous body died.

Well, you have been told........... Seems you need to go find one of New age groups and ask Questions. It won't end well for you, but we all have to make choices once presented with what is true. God is faithful to show you right, the choice is yours and to your own hurt if we disregard the Word.

Space is a further determination of Nature. Nature is the Other/Antithesis of Heaven. It makes absolutely no sense to propose that Heaven contains within it the notion of space. Also, your second proposition is without justification. You cannot say that reincarnation makes sense because of recycling. You first have to justify the notion of recycling. Why should we assume the soul recycles? Perhaps there is an energy that recycles, but this is not what people mean by the term "soul". The soul is something personal, which gives us our personal identity. It would not be the same person that reincarnates, but merely the same abstract energy. While this does not de-rail the notion of abstract-energy reincarnation, it does de-rail the notion of karmic reincarnation. There is no justification to punish or reward abstract energy.

Also, I believe I lived in the Medieval times in my past life, and in those times I was tortured at the end and I died, and when I see some things that remind me of the past life torturers, I get a very anxious feeling...

Do you believe that people can reincarnate for some reasons? Some people say that good people GO to Heaven when they die, but they will usually be only for a limited time and then they reincarnate because the people who need to reincarnate have to still complete a life mission or something...

I am just asking, and I hope it's not bad to ask this. I just want to know that why do I have that feeling about the Medieval times. I hope asking about reincarnation is not against the rules of this website. If it is, then just tell me and delete this post, but don't ban me.

No problem Polly. No reason why anyone would be upset over your question.

The answer is NO. The Bible teaching "Resurrection" not reincarnation.

I believe that you and those who believe in reincarnation are allowing their mind of imagination run away with them. It is "romantic" to think that in the past we were some great person or warrior. But that my dear is the WESTERN idea of reincarnation.

Classic reincarnation is the successive embodiment of the soul in a series of bodies which may not consist of only human. Hinduism claims that the soul, which is of God, finds its beginning and end in God, and we are told that it chooses embodiment for learning and progressing. As one enters the physical realm it will take numerous lifetimes, maybe millions, to progress back to the source and understand who they really are. The soul is entrapped in what is called the wheel of birth and rebirth and this is what is called karma; one must come back to pay off their debts in the next lifetime. Ones present condition on earth was determined by their previous actions in their former life.

Real reincarnation in Hinduism is what's called transmigration. It is the belief that the soul not only progresses but can digress, that in spiritual evolution we can go upward from an insect to a tree to a vegetable, an animal and a man and eventually back to God. However, in classic reincarnation we can also go backwards, something to consider before buying into this mythical philosophy.

But you see, people educated in Western thought and philosophies would not and did not accept the teaching that we might come back lower than what we died as. In other words we may die a man but because of sins committed which have to be paid for, we can come back as a worm to live a life of nothingness.

Christianity says that Jesus, the Son of God died in order to pay for all of humanities sin. When we by faith accept that, we are born again spiritually but we will die eventually. Then when the Rapture takes place, the body will be "resurrected" and re-united with the spirit so that we will be known then as we are known now.

NO mention or thought in re-incarnation in the Bible!

Glad you asked and I hope this helps you.

The mind plays real tricks on us Polly. Consider your last dream. Remember how goofy it was and all jumbled up????
The brain is still awake and it works when we sleep without any self control.

Recycling is something man has come with to protect the earth from garbage. It has NO basis for any consideration of re-incarnation whatsoever.

No problem Polly. No reason why anyone would be upset over your question.

The answer is NO. The Bible teaching "Resurrection" not reincarnation.

I believe that you and those who believe in reincarnation are allowing their mind of imagination run away with them. It is "romantic" to think that in the past we were some great person or warrior. But that my dear is the WESTERN idea of reincarnation.

Classic reincarnation is the successive embodiment of the soul in a series of bodies which may not consist of only human. Hinduism claims that the soul, which is of God, finds its beginning and end in God, and we are told that it chooses embodiment for learning and progressing. As one enters the physical realm it will take numerous lifetimes, maybe millions, to progress back to the source and understand who they really are. The soul is entrapped in what is called the wheel of birth and rebirth and this is what is called karma; one must come back to pay off their debts in the next lifetime. Ones present condition on earth was determined by their previous actions in their former life.

Real reincarnation in Hinduism is what's called transmigration. It is the belief that the soul not only progresses but can digress, that in spiritual evolution we can go upward from an insect to a tree to a vegetable, an animal and a man and eventually back to God. However, in classic reincarnation we can also go backwards, something to consider before buying into this mythical philosophy.

But you see, people educated in Western thought and philosophies would not and did not accept the teaching that we might come back lower than what we died as. In other words we may die a man but because of sins committed which have to be paid for, we can come back as a worm to live a life of nothingness.

Christianity says that Jesus, the Son of God died in order to pay for all of humanities sin. When we by faith accept that, we are born again spiritually but we will die eventually. Then when the Rapture takes place, the body will be "resurrected" and re-united with the spirit so that we will be known then as we are known now.

NO mention or thought in re-incarnation in the Bible!

Glad you asked and I hope this helps you.

Okay. So do you mean that we can't or can come back as someone else or some other being?

Okay. So do you mean that we can't or can come back as someone else or some other being?

We do not come back through re-incarnation Polly. We do not come back as someone or something else.

We, our bodies are raised from the dead which is called resurrection and then re-united with our spirits.

1 Thess. 4:13-18................
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This is the resurrection of the saved unto eternal life in heaven.

Rev. 20:12-15.........
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And this is the resurrection of the un-saved dead unto eternal damnation.

We do not come back through re-incarnation Polly. We do not come back as someone or something else.

We, our bodies are raised from the dead which is called resurrection and then re-united with our spirits.

1 Thess. 4:13-18................
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This is the resurrection of the saved unto eternal life in heaven.

Rev. 20:12-15.........
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And this is the resurrection of the un-saved dead unto eternal damnation.

Okay, but what happens after the second death then? Will the person just experience the nothingness, or will God create a new soul but the new soul won't feel anything about the old soul and the new soul is just someone else who is different and then the new soul starts living on physical Earth just like me but the new soul is not me?

Okay, but what happens after the second death then? Will the person just experience the nothingness, or will God create a new soul but the new soul won't feel anything about the old soul and the new soul is just someone else who is different and then the new soul starts living on physical Earth just like me but the new soul is not me?

Polly.......did you read the verse I posted for you from Rev. 14???? It answers your question!

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

The wicked lost who are the ones that have rejected the Lord Jesus Christ will be throne into the lake of fire. That is eteral damnation.

According to the Word of God the un-believers body will be resurrected and re-united with his spirit and placed into the the fire that burns forever.........eternal damnation which is the 2nd death.

Rev. 20:15............"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

It will NOT be "nothingness but instead will be eternal punishment in the lake of fire.

I really do not know how else to say it. The spirit/soul that is YOU will go to heaven upon death IF you are a Christian. Your body will stay in the earth. At the resurrection, God will re-unite those two entities into what you were. That satisfies 1 Corth. 13:11..........
"For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face; now I know in part but then shall I know even also as I am
known".
In other words, we will know our loved ones and friends when we get to heaven.

Back