Rejoice!

Rejoice!

Charles Spurgeon - Accepted in the Beloved

From today's morning devotional by Charles Spurgeon:
"Accepted in the beloved" - Ephesians 1:6
What a state of privilege! It includes our justification before God, but the term “acceptance” in the Greek means more than that. It signifies that we are the objects of divine complacence, nay, even of divine delight. How marvellous that we, worms, mortals, sinners, should be the objects of divine love! But it is only “in the beloved.” Some Christians seem to be accepted in their own experience, at least, that is their apprehension. When their spirit is lively, and their hopes bright, they think God accepts them, for they feel so high, so heavenly-minded, so drawn above the earth! But when their souls cleave to the dust, they are the victims of the fear that they are no longer accepted. If they could but see that all their high joys do not exalt them, and all their low despondencies do not really depress them in their Father’s sight, but that they stand accepted in One who never alters, in One who is always the beloved of God, always perfect, always without spot or wrinkle, or any such thing, how much happier they would be, and how much more they would honour the Saviour! Rejoice then, believer, in this: thou art accepted “in the beloved.” Thou lookest within, and thou sayest, “There is nothing acceptable here!” But look at Christ, and see if there is not everything acceptable there. Thy sins trouble thee; but God has cast thy sins behind his back, and thou art accepted in the Righteous One. Thou hast to fight with corruption, and to wrestle with temptation, but thou art already accepted in him who has overcome the powers of evil. The devil tempts thee; be of good cheer, he cannot destroy thee, for thou art accepted in him who has broken Satan’s head. Know by full assurance thy glorious standing. Even glorified souls are not more accepted than thou art. They are only accepted in heaven “in the beloved,” and thou art even now accepted in Christ after the same manner.
http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/2008/09/charles-spurgeo.html#_ftn1
http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/2008/09/charles-spurgeo.html#_ftnref1Charles H. Spurgeon, Morning and Evening : Daily Readings, Complete and unabridged; New modern edition., September 23 AM (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2006

God bless brother

"...I have one thing more to mention before I bring this sermon to a close. The blessings of God’s grace are blessings indeed, which in right earnest we ought to seek after. By these marks shall ye know them. Blessings indeed, are such blessings as come from the pierced hand; blessings that come from Calvary’s bloody tree, streaming from the Savior’s wounded side — thy pardon, thine acceptance, thy spiritual life: the bread that is meat indeed, the blood that is drink indeed — thy oneness to Christ, and all that comes of it — these are blessings indeed. Any blessing that comes as the result of the Spirit’s work in thy soul is a blessing indeed; though it humble thee, though it strip thee, though it kill thee, it is a blessing indeed. Though the harrow go over and over thy soul, and the deep plough cut into thy very heart; though thou be maimed and wounded, and left for dead, yet if the Spirit of God do it, it is a blessing indeed. If he convinces thee of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, even though thou hast not hitherto been brought to Christ, it is a blessing indeed. Anything that he does, accept it; do not be dubious of it; but pray that he may continue his blessed operations in thy soul. Whatsoever leads thee to God is in like manner a blessing indeed. Riches may not do it. There may be a golden wall between thee and God. Health will not do it: even the strength and marrow of thy bones may keep thee at a distance from thy God. But anything that draws thee nearer to him is a blessing indeed. What though it be a cross that raiseth thee? yet if it raise thee to God it shall be a blessing indeed. Anything that reaches into eternity, with a preparation for the world to come, anything that we can carry across the river, the holy joy that is to blossom in those fields beyond the swelling flood, the pure cloudless love of the brotherhood which is to be the atmosphere of truth for ever — anything of this kind that has the eternal broad arrow on it — the immutable mark — is a blessing indeed. And anything which helps me to glorify God is a blessing indeed. If I be sick, and that helps me to praise him, it is a blessing indeed. If I be poor, and I can serve him better in poverty than in wealth, it is a blessing indeed. If I be in contempt, I will rejoice in that day and leap for joy, if it be for Christ’s sake — it is a blessing indeed. Yea, my faith shakes off the disguise, snatches the visor from the fair forehead of the blessing, and counts it all joy to all into divers trials for the sake of Jesus and the recompense of reward that he has promised. “Oh that we may be blessed indeed!”
-C.H. Spurgeon

A man may sometimes seem self-assertive when, really, he has so completely lost himself in God that he does not care what people think about him,—whether they regard him as an egotist or not. Some men appear to be modest because they are proud, while others seem to be proud because they have sunk themselves, and only speak so boldly because they have their Master's authority at the back of their words.—C. H. S., in exposition of 1 Kings 17:1.

As the Roman sentinel in Pompeii stood to his post even when the city was destroyed, so do I stand to the truth of the atonement though the Church is being buried beneath the boiling mud-showers of modern heresy.—C. H. S., in sermon at the Tabernacle, 1887.

Just now, the Lord Jesus is betrayed by not a few of His professed ministers. He is being crucified afresh in the perpetual attacks of scepticism against His blessed gospel; and it may be that things will wax worse and worse. This is not the first occasion when it has been so, for, at various times in the history of the Church of God, His enemies have exulted, and cried out that the gospel of past ages was exploded, and might be reckoned as dead and buried. For one, I mean to sit over against the very sepulchre of truth. I am a disciple of the old-fashioned doctrine as much when it is covered with obloquy and rebuke as when it shall again display its power, as it surely shall. Sceptics may seem to take the truth, and bind it, and scourge it, and crucify it, and say that it is dead; and they may endeavour to bury it in scorn, but the Lord has many a Joseph and a Nicodemus who will see that all due honour is done even to the body of truth, and will wrap the despised creed in sweet spices, and hide it away in their hearts. They may, perhaps, be half afraid that it is really dead, as the wise men assert; yet it is precious to their souls, and they will come forth right gladly to espouse its cause, and to confess that they are its disciples. We will sit down in sorrow, but not in despair; and watch until the stone is rolled away, and Christ in His truth shall live again, arid be openly triumphant. We shall see a Divine interposition, and shall cease to fear; while they who stand armed to prevent the resurrection of the grand old doctrine shall quake and become as dead men, because the gospel's everlasting life has been vindicated, and they are made to quail before the brightness of its glory.—C. H. S., in sermon at the Tabernacle, 1878.

Controversy is never a very happy element for the child of God: he would far rather be in communion with his Lord than be engaged in defending the faith, or in attacking error. But the soldier of Christ knows no choice in his Master's commands. He may feel it to be better for him to lie upon the bed of rest than to stand covered with the sweat and dust of battle; but, as a soldier, he has learned to obey, and the rule of his obedience is not his personal comfort, but his Lord's absolute command. The servant of God must endeavour to maintain all the truth which his Master has revealed to him, because, as a Christian soldier, this is part of his duty. But while he does so, he accords to others the liberty which he himself enjoys.—C. H. S., in address at the Tabernacle, 1861.

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.” Psalm 51:17
"How blessed are those who mourn, because it is they who will be comforted!” Matthew 5:4
“For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.”
2 Corinthians 7:10

We must now consider the Lord’s design and object in thus preaching the gospel to the poor and the meek. It was, you observe, that He might bind up the broken-hearted. “He hath sent Me to bind up the broken-hearted.”
Carefully give heed to the text, so that you may see whether this message applies to you. Are you broken-hearted because of sin; because you have sinned often, foully, grievously? Are you broken-hearted because because your heart will not break as you would desire that it should break; broken-hearted because you repent that you repent as you would, and grieved because you cannot grieve enough? Are you broken-hearted because you have not such the sense of sin as you ought to have? And such a deep loathing of it? as you perceive that others have? Are you broken-hearted with despair as to self-salvation; broken-hearted because you can not keep God’s law; broken-hearted because you cannot find comfort in cermonies; broken-hearted because the things which looked best have turned out to be deception; broken-hearted because, all the world over, you have found nothing but broken cisterns which can hold no water, which have mocked your thrist when you have gone to them; broken-hearted with longing after peace with God; broken-hearted because prayer does not seem to be answered; broken-hearted because, when you come to hear the gosple, you fear that it does not apply to you with power; broken-hearted because you had a little light, and yet slipped back into darkness; broken-hearted because you are afraid you have commited the unpardonable sin; broken-hearted because of blasphemous thoughts which horrify your mind, and yet will not leave it? I care not why or where fore you are broken-hearted; Jesus Christ came into the world, sent of God with this object, - “to bind up the broken-hearted.”
It is a beautiful figure, this binding up, - as though the Crucified One took the lininment and the strapping, and put it round the broken heart, and with his own dear gentle hand proceeded to close up the wound, and make it cease to bleed. Luke does not tell us that Jesus came to bind up the broken-hearted; if you examine his version of the text you will read that He came to heal them. That is going still further, because you may bind a wound up, and yet fail to cure it, but Jesus never fails in His surgery. He whose own heart was broken knows how to cure broken hearts. I have heard of people dying of a broken heart, but I always bless God when I meet with those who live with a broken heart because it is written, “A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou will not dispise.” If you have that broken heart within you, beloved, Christ came to cure you; and He will do it, for he never came in vain; “He shall not fail nor be dicouraged.” With soverign power, anointed from on high, He watches for the worst of cases. Heart disease, incurable by man, is His specialty! His gosple touches the root of the souls ill, the mischief which dwells in that place from whence are the issues of life with pitty, wisdom, power, and condescension, he bends over our broken bones; and heir he has done with them, He makes them all to rejoice and sing glory to His holy name. Give yourself up to His care, confide in His skill, rest in His love. What joy you shall have if you will do this at once! What joy shall I have in knowing that you do so! Above all, what joy will fill the heart of Jesus the beloved Physician, as he sees you healed by his stripes!
- Charles Haden Spurgeon

PSALM 62
For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David

1 My soul waiteth in silence for God only: From him cometh my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my high tower; I shall not be
greatly moved. 3 How long will ye set upon a man, That ye may slay him,
all of you, Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence? 4 They only consult to
thrust him down from his dignity; They delight in lies; They bless with
their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah 5 My soul, wait thou in silence
for God only; For my expectation is from him. 6 He only is my rock and
my salvation: He is my high tower; I shall not be moved. 7 With God is my
salvation and my glory: The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in
God.
8 Trust in him at all times, ye people; Pour out your heart before him: God
is a refuge for us. Selah 9 Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of
high degree are a lie: In the balances they will go up; They are together
lighter than vanity. 10 Trust not in oppression, And become not vain in
robbery: If riches increase, set not your heart thereon. 11 God hath spoken
once, Twice have I heard this, That power belongeth unto God. 12 Also
unto thee, O Lord, belongeth lovingkindness; For thou renderest to every
man according to his work.
8 It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to put confidence in
man. 9 It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to put confidence in
princes. 10 All nations compassed me about: In the name of Jehovah I will
cut them off. 11 They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me
about: In the name of Jehovah I will cut them off. 12 They compassed me
about like bees; They are quenched as the fire of thorns: In the name of
Jehovah I will cut them off. 13 Thou didst thrust sore at me that I might
fall; But Jehovah helped me. 14 Jehovah is my strength and song; And he is
become my salvation. 15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents
of the righteous: The right hand of Jehovah doeth valiantly. 16 The right
hand of Jehovah is exalted: The right hand of Jehovah doeth valiantly. 17 I
shall not die, but live, And declare the works of Jehovah. 18 Jehovah hath
chastened me sore; But he hath not given me over unto death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will enter into them, I will give
thanks unto Jehovah. 20 This is the gate of Jehovah; The righteous shall
enter into it. 21 I will give thanks unto thee; for thou hast answered me,
And art become my salvation. 22 The stone which the builders rejected Is
become the head of the corner. 23 This is Jehovah’s doing; It is marvellous
in our eyes. 24 This is the day which Jehovah hath made; We will rejoice
and be glad in it. 25 Save now, we beseech thee, O Jehovah: O Jehovah, we
beseech thee, send now prosperity. 26 Blessed be he that cometh in the
name of Jehovah: We have blessed you out of the house of Jehovah.

5 For we preach not
ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for
Jesus’ sake. 6 Seeing it is God, that said, Light shall shine out of darkness,
who shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of
God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in earthen
vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not
from ourselves;
8 we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto
despair; 9 pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed;
10 always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of
Jesus may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are always
delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus may be
manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So then death worketh in us, but life in
you. 13 But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is
written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore
also we speak; 14 knowing that he that raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise
up us also with Jesus, and shall present us with you. 15 For all things are
for your sakes, that the grace, being multiplied through the many, may
cause the thanksgiving to abound unto the glory of God. 16 Wherefore we
faint not; but though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is
renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is for the moment,
worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory;
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which
are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things
which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:5-17

"But indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:8-11

Philippians 3:8 Bible Commentary

"3:1-11 Sincere Christians rejoice in Christ Jesus. The prophet calls the false prophets dumb dogs, Isa 56:10; to which the apostle seems to refer. Dogs, for their malice against faithful professors of the gospel of Christ, barking at them and biting them. They urged human works in opposition to the faith of Christ; but Paul calls them evil-workers. He calls them the concision; as they rent the church of Christ, and cut it to pieces. The work of religion is to no purpose, unless the heart is in it, and we must worship God in the strength and grace of the Divine Spirit. They rejoice in Christ Jesus, not in mere outward enjoyments and performances. Nor can we too earnestly guard against those who oppose or abuse the doctrine of free salvation. If the apostle would have gloried and trusted in the flesh, he had as much cause as any man. But the things which he counted gain while a Pharisee, and had reckoned up, those he counted loss for Christ. The apostle did not persuade them to do any thing but what he himself did; or to venture on any thing but that on which he himself ventured his never-dying soul. He deemed all these things to be but loss, compared with the knowledge of Christ, by faith in his person and salvation. He speaks of all worldly enjoyments and outward privileges which sought a place with Christ in his heart, or could pretend to any merit and desert, and counted them but loss; but it might be said, It is easy to say so; but what would he do when he came to the trial? He had suffered the loss of all for the privileges of a Christian. Nay, he not only counted them loss, but the vilest refuse, offals thrown to dogs; not only less valuable than Christ, but in the highest degree contemptible, when set up as against him. True knowledge of Christ alters and changes men, their judgments and manners, and makes them as if made again anew. The believer prefers Christ, knowing that it is better for us to be without all worldly riches, than without Christ and his word. Let us see what the apostle resolved to cleave to, and that was Christ and heaven. We are undone, without righteousness wherein to appear before God, for we are guilty. There is a righteousness provided for us in Jesus Christ, and it is a complete and perfect righteousness. None can have benefit by it, who trust in themselves. Faith is the appointed means of applying the saving benefit. It is by faith in Christ's blood. We are made conformable to Christ's death, when we die to sin, as he died for sin; and the world is crucified to us, and we to the world, by the cross of Christ. The apostle was willing to do or to suffer any thing, to attain the glorious resurrection of saints. This hope and prospect carried him through all difficulties in his work. He did not hope to attain it through his own merit and righteousness, but through the merit and righteousness of Jesus Christ."
-Matthew Henry

Many nowadays as before are trying to discredit or twist the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We must not forget we are in a spiritual war.

Many others fell slain, because the battle was God’s. 1 Chronicles 5:22

From the pen of Charles Spurgeon:

Dear Christian warrior fighting under the banner of the Lord Jesus, consider today’s verse with holy joy, for the same is true today as in biblical days of old - if the battle is of God, victory is certain. “The Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasswh had [only] 44,760 men ready for military service” (vs.18), yet in their war with the Hagarites, “they…took one hunred thousand people captive and many others fell slain” (vv. 21-22). This happened “because they cried out to [God] during the battle [and] He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him” (vs.20).

Whether we have an army of many or few makes no difference - it is up to us to go forth in Jehova’s name. Deliverance will come with even a handful of men for “the Lord Almighty is with us” (Psalm 46:7) and is our Captain. Israel did not neglect to take their shields, swords, bows and arrows with them, but they did not place their trust in weapons. We too should use the weapons at our disposal, but our confidence must rest in the Lord alone, for He is the shield of His people. The absolute reason for Israel’s extraordinary success lay in the fact that the battle was God’s.”

Dear beloved, as you wage war with sin within and without - whether with doctrinal error or practical living, with spiritual wickedness in high or low places, or with the Devil and his allies - you are waging Jehova’s war. And unless He Himself can be overpowered, you need never fear defeat. Do not cower at the sight of superior numbers, shrink from difficulties, or fear what may appear to be impossible. Never flinch at either battle wounds or death, but strike the enemy with the “doulble-edged” (Heb. 4:12) “sword of the Spirit” (Eph. 6:17) and the slain will fall in droves.

“The battle is the Lord’s and he will give [His enemies] into our hands” (1 Sam. 17:47). With sure footedness, strong hand, undaunted heart, and flaming zeal, run to the conflict. The hosts of evil will fly away “like chaff before the wind” (Psalm 35:5).

Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song.
To those who vanquish evil
A crown of life shall be;
They with the King of Glory
Shall reign eternally.

George Duffeld, Jr. (1818-1888)

From the Pen of Jim Reimann:

“The battle is the Lord’s,” yet we are told “Put o n the full armor of God, so…you may be able to stand your ground” (Eph. 6:13). But remember, “It is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ” (2 Cor. 1:21). “Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere…We are not of those who shrink back...but believe and are saved” (Heb. 10:35-36,39).

From Look Unto Me The Devotions of Charles Spurgeon, Editied by Jim Reimann, copyright (c) 2008 by James G. Reimann, Zondervan Publishers

‘Praise the risen Lord Jesus Christ! The whip that flogs the devil! For that which he hate he ought to have more of!’ -C. S. Spurgeon

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 1 Chronicles 16:10

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place. Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength, ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name. Bring an offering and come before him; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!" Let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them! Then the trees of the forest will sing, they will sing for joy before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:27-34

Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling. Psalm 2:11

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Psalm 5:11

I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. Psalm 19:8

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, Psalm 30:11

I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. Psalm 31:7

Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! Psalm 32:11

Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. Psalm 33:3

In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Psalm 33:21

Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation. Psalm 35:9

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!" Psalm 40:16

You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. Psalm 45:7

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

Let the righteous rejoice in the LORD and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him! Psalm 64:10

He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot--come, let us rejoice in him. Psalm 66:6

May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Psalm 67:4

But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds -- his name is the LORD-- and rejoice before him. Psalm 68:3-4

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "Let God be exalted!" Psalm 70:4

My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-- I, whom you have redeemed. Psalm 71:23

Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. Psalm 86:4

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14

For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands. Psalm 92:4

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19

Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Psalm 95:1

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; Psalm 96:11-12

The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice. Psalm 97:1

Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name. Psalm 97:11-12

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn-- shout for joy before the LORD, the King.

Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity. Psalm 98:4-9

May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works- Psalm 104:31

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Psalm 105:3

Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy. Psalm 107:22

The upright see and rejoice, but all the wicked shut their mouths. Psalm 107:42

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!

Psalm 118:15

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. Psalm 119:14

Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. Psalm 119:111

I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil. Psalm 119:162

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

Psalm 126:3,5-6

Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds. Psalm 149:5

The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. Isaiah 12:3

They raise their voices, they shout for joy; from the west they acclaim the Lord's majesty. Isaiah 24:14

In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation." Isaiah 25:9

But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead. Isaiah 26:19

Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 29:19

Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. Isaiah 49:13

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs. Isaiah 61:7

Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:12

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Matthew 13:44

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Matthew 28:8

He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, Luke 1:14

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Luke 2:10

"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets. Luke 6:23

However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. Luke 10:21

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. Luke 15:11

I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John 16:20-24

"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. John 17:13

You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.' Acts 2:28

And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. Acts 13:52

Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." Acts 14:17

The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God--he and his whole family. Acts 16:34

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;

perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5

Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. Romans 5:11

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, Romans 14:17

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, Philippians 1:18

So you too should be glad and rejoice with me. Philippians 2:18

Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. Philippians 3:1

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 1:6

You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy." Hebrews 1:9

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:6-9

But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

1 Peter 4:13

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. Jude 1:24-25

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Revelation 19:7
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Joy and Rejoice  Bible Verses

[/FONT]

"Let me tell you something, no healthy person listens to himself. Healthy people talk to themselves. Healthy people talk to themselves, they don't listen. They say, "Self, quiet, here's what the Bible says, get in line." I'll tell you something else, that's...that's true in life. Wimpy people listen to themselves, strong people talk to themselves. They discipline themselves, they pull self in to line with truth. Don't be listening to yourself, what you're going to hear will just mess you up. You listen to the Word of God and then you talk to yourself. Pride...pride will just...all that introspection, that self- centeredness will just destroy your joy." John MacArthur

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/52-27.htm

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)
"And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." (Luke 12:29-31)

The Cure for Anxiety

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Matthew 6:25-34)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+0]Today's Verse[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Jesus said:] "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke 12:31/KJV[/FONT]​

[SIZE=+0]Today's Verse[/SIZE]
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts ...

Ephesians 4:22

[SIZE=+0]Daily Wisdom[/SIZE]
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ...
1 Peter 1:13

Back